Bachmann suggests intelligent design ...

Bachmann suggests intelligent design is a 'scientific fact'

There are 50 comments on the The Raw Story story from Nov 30, 2011, titled Bachmann suggests intelligent design is a 'scientific fact'. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann says schools should teach children about evolution and intelligent design because "the best thing to do is to allow all scientific facts on the table." During a question-and-answer session at the University of Northern Iowa Wednesday, Bachmann was asked if intelligent design should be taught as ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Derek D

Northbrook, IL

#44 Jan 11, 2012
The existance of God is what seems to be in question in this thread. The fact that there is any material matter at all in the universe seems to justify creation. Nothing begets nothing. The fact that there is "something" in ones perception at all implies the existance of a higher being. Whether evolution is real or not since the creative act is irrevalent.
The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#45 Jan 11, 2012
Derek D wrote:
The existance of God is what seems to be in question in this thread.
Actually no, it is Bachmann's claim creationism is "scientific".
Derek D wrote:
The fact that there is any material matter at all in the universe seems to justify creation.
Perhaps, however that does not necessarily require (a) God.
Derek D wrote:
Nothing begets nothing.
Except where quantum physics is concerned.
Derek D wrote:
The fact that there is "something" in ones perception at all implies the existance of a higher being.
Then by logical extension of that reasoning the higher being (being something) implies the existence of another higher being. And another, and so on and so forth.

Of course if one claims the existence of something (like a higher being) does NOT require yet another higher being, then the existence of something (like the universe) may not necessarily require another higher being.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#46 Jan 12, 2012
Liberals are great scientists in their sociology classes...but I havent ever seen any in math classes that approach the complexities of college pre algebra.
Yet as always they have great opinions on it all

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#47 Jan 12, 2012
icu_ wrote:
Liberals are great scientists in their sociology classes...but I havent ever seen any in math classes that approach the complexities of college pre algebra.
Yet as always they have great opinions on it all
Was there a point you were trying to make here?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#48 Jan 12, 2012
Liberalism and Conservatism are both irrelevant to science or math. Both work the same way no matter who you vote for.

Since: Sep 07

La Quinta, CA

#49 Jan 12, 2012
icu_ wrote:
Liberals are great scientists in their sociology classes...but I havent ever seen any in math classes that approach the complexities of college pre algebra.
Yet as always they have great opinions on it all
How often are you discussing political issues in math class?

For the record, I've known MANY extremely liberal mathematicians.

The fact that YOU haven't seen any in math class leads me to believe that you haven't attended many math classes.
crocoduck

Plano, TX

#50 Jan 12, 2012
Derek D wrote:
The existance of God is what seems to be in question in this thread. The fact that there is any material matter at all in the universe seems to justify creation. Nothing begets nothing. The fact that there is "something" in ones perception at all implies the existance of a higher being. Whether evolution is real or not since the creative act is irrevalent.


Nothing begets nothing is your main premise here huh? By your own logic...God CANNOT be nor could have EVER been "begotten".

Now before you say God is infinite...think for a minute please and try to give an answer that doesn't include a double standard or hypocrisy.

Your have made an argument and refuted it in the same small paragraph.

Since: Dec 06

Urbana, Illinois

#51 Jan 12, 2012
icu_ wrote:
Liberals are great scientists in their sociology classes...but I havent ever seen any in math classes that approach the complexities of college pre algebra.
Yet as always they have great opinions on it all
Funny! Generally, in my experience, the more conservative the mind, the less will to learn. I mean...you already know pretty much everything, right? Not gonna' let data interfere with already established concepts, are you?

Folks like you know "all about" evolution, geology, astronomy, etc... but are utterly ignorant of the subjects.

Are there exceptions? Yes... But there's no evidence that you're one of them.
crocoduck

Plano, TX

#52 Jan 12, 2012
I would have to agree with Bachman on at least one of her major points. Put the evidence on the table and teach it. Little does she know (because she is obviously ignorant on the subject) that there is NO evidence for ID or biblical creation.

And I agree with one of the other posters...Michelle O. is much better looking than most first ladies...probably 90% of them. I am surprised whoever brought that racist issue up has access to a computer...unless it has parental controls.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#53 Jan 13, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there a point you were trying to make here?
Sounded like a high pitched whine to me....;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shock claims Bible PROVES dinosaurs walked Eart... Fri VeloRaptor 4
News Does Mike Pence Believe in Evolution? Dec 1 scientia potentia... 9
News Dinosaur stolen from pub garden (Dec '14) Nov 17 Idiots rule the w... 2
News Dippy the Diplodocus won't arrive in Belfast to... Nov 16 Knock off purse s... 4
News Creationist classification of theropods Nov 11 Coelophysis 3
News A better theory of intelligent design Nov 5 Coelophysis 23
News Did Dinosaurs Hallucinate After Chewing Grass? (Feb '15) Oct '16 North 63
More from around the web