Dinosaur scientists somehow disappoin...

Dinosaur scientists somehow disappointed by Hollywood's disregard for dinosaur scientific facts

There are 101 comments on the ITworld story from Apr 8, 2013, titled Dinosaur scientists somehow disappointed by Hollywood's disregard for dinosaur scientific facts. In it, ITworld reports that:

If Hollywood had thought to put feathers on me -- like I'm supposed to have! -- I wouldn't have to hide in the faux-prehistoric foliage for warmth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ITworld.

DERP

Vancouver, Canada

#22 May 11, 2013
Oasegenggam wrote:
<quoted text>
And evolution is a big mistake what I just said was completely stupid of me and I have no reason to live.Im a dumbass. There is no such thing is evolution and all Dinosaurs are more related to reptiles than to birds. Also Komodo dragons and Saltwater crocodiles are possibly the Closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus. So people believing that chickens are the closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus are stupid and dumb.
Are you an idiot or what?Yes crocs are relatives to Tyrannus.Why dont you go look at a skeleton or a raptor and a skeleton of a chicken? Or the skeleton of a T.Rex and a chicken?And evoloution is nothing?Your face and stupid idiotic brain is nothing without evoloution!!1
DERP

Vancouver, Canada

#23 May 11, 2013
Anyone who thinks birds arent related to dinosaurs are stupid.Birds are related to Dino's just as much as crocs.And MR.KOMODO IS MY LIFE AND I WILL DIE FOR 1 STUPID KOMODO,Komodo dragons are lizards,so they are related but not directly.Do you believe wiki and stuff?You are probabbly the biggest indonesian komodo fan boy.Alos the most racist.You are offending all south asian countries in the are komodo dragons are related to dinosaurs thread
Oasegenggamkomod o

Jakarta, Indonesia

#24 May 12, 2013
DERP wrote:
<quoted text>Have you got nothing better to do,why dont you go talk to a ballon,and watch yourself dying,or see your little pet komodo dragon turn on you and give you a slow pain ful death? You sad,sad,very sad stupid imbecillic cretin.
Epic fail, it's balloon and Komodo dragons are illegal to own, however I have 3 Asian water monitors.
Have you got nothing better to do than eating sand, or talking to Balloons.
Oasegenggamkomod o

Jakarta, Indonesia

#25 May 12, 2013
DERP wrote:
Anyone who thinks birds arent related to dinosaurs are stupid.Birds are related to Dino's just as much as crocs.And MR.KOMODO IS MY LIFE AND I WILL DIE FOR 1 STUPID KOMODO,Komodo dragons are lizards,so they are related but not directly.Do you believe wiki and stuff?You are probabbly the biggest indonesian komodo fan boy.Alos the most racist.You are offending all south asian countries in the are komodo dragons are related to dinosaurs thread
Stupid, I'm smarter than you, give me proof that there's evolution and your racist, thinking that dumbass jerkish Americans are better than black men. You're country always say "White people are the best, black men are fools". Go eat some sand or talk to you're Balloons.
Oasegenggamkomod o

Jakarta, Indonesia

#26 May 12, 2013
DERP wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an idiot or what?Yes crocs are relatives to Tyrannus.Why dont you go look at a skeleton or a raptor and a skeleton of a chicken? Or the skeleton of a T.Rex and a chicken?And evoloution is nothing?Your face and stupid idiotic brain is nothing without evoloution!!1
Humans are humans, apes are apes, give me one proof that Humans are Apes.
Humans are made by GOD, not evolution. Your dumb, dumbass.

“Australia's #1 Paleontologist”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#27 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are humans, apes are apes, give me one proof that Humans are Apes.
Humans are made by GOD, not evolution. Your dumb, dumbass.
Have a look a the evidence for evolution i gave in the "Enough With The Dumb Comments!" thread and give me your response to the points i made. If you disagree with evolution, you should be able to at least tell me why.
Oasegenggamkomod o

Jakarta, Indonesia

#28 May 12, 2013
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a look a the evidence for evolution i gave in the "Enough With The Dumb Comments!" thread and give me your response to the points i made. If you disagree with evolution, you should be able to at least tell me why.
I disagree with evolution cause, Apes are totally different than humans, Birds have wings, Dinosaurs doesn't.

Location hidden

#29 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with evolution cause, Apes are totally different than humans, Birds have wings, Dinosaurs doesn't.
But i've explained a mechanism by which apes can become humans, and dinosaurs can develop wings. I explained the process.

You are just looking at dinosaurs and birds and thinking 'they don't look similar at all'. You aren't actually thinking about how going from a dinosaur to a bird IS infact possible. It doesn't happen instantly. It happens over millions of years, tiny changes in DNA that build up over time and change the structure and function of that particular animal to the point where it becomes a new species.

If you don't get it now, you never will.

I think you are too young to be honest.
Oasegenggamkomod o

Jakarta, Indonesia

#30 May 12, 2013
Paleoworld-101 wrote:
<quoted text>
But i've explained a mechanism by which apes can become humans, and dinosaurs can develop wings. I explained the process.
You are just looking at dinosaurs and birds and thinking 'they don't look similar at all'. You aren't actually thinking about how going from a dinosaur to a bird IS infact possible. It doesn't happen instantly. It happens over millions of years, tiny changes in DNA that build up over time and change the structure and function of that particular animal to the point where it becomes a new species.
If you don't get it now, you never will.
I think you are too young to be honest.
Evolution is just wrong, I mean how can a monkey become a Human?

Location hidden

#31 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it.

Our ape ancestors lived in the forest initially, but then the climate changed- it became drier. This cleared the forests, which turned into grasslands. Think about a tree swinging ape in a grassland, will it survive?

What happened is the apes developed the ability to walk upright on two legs, which enabled them to not only move more efficiently but also to spot predators and get a better view above the tall grass.

The climate continued to dry, and eventually the hair that covered our early ancestors bodies was lost. We became meat eaters, and this high protein diet fuelled the growth of our very large brains.

I am explaining this process at a very basic level, it is obviously a lot more complicated but in general terms this is what happened.

Fast forward a few million years, and tada, modern humans first appear about 200 000 years ago.

Yes, descended from apes whether you like it or not.

Want more proof? Apes share over 90% of our DNA, some species over 95%! This means our DNA is near identical, and if you bothered to read my other posts regarding evidence for evolution, means that we share a very recent common ancestor. In other words we are descended from other apes (Hominids).

Location hidden

#32 May 12, 2013
One technicality error i made- we didn't 'lose' our hair, it just became a lot shorter and finer. Our bodies are still covered in hair nonetheless.

“'QUANDARY'”

Since: Oct 12

Cheshire UK

#33 May 12, 2013
I don't think our young friend understands that apes and monkeys today.. like humans...
descended from the same ancestors.
they evolved their way, and we evolved ours.
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#34 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy,all you have to do is change the weather,change landscape,wait a dozen million years,and theres like a 60 % chance of a ape becoming a human.
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#35 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, I'm smarter than you, give me proof that there's evolution and your racist, thinking that dumbass jerkish Americans are better than black men. You're country always say "White people are the best, black men are fools". Go eat some sand or talk to you're Balloons.
Are you blind,or are you just dumb?First of all im not even a white man,im a Filipino,and in case you haven't noticed,Filipino's are brown!!!!!!Plus racism is gone in Canada and America,so why dont you go jerk off and watch your pet monitor lizards bite your head off,Wait you dont have a head.
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#36 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Smarter then me eh?ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IF YOUR SMARTER THEN MEH!

1.What created the universe?
2.Whats 12x12?
3.Whats 10x10?
4.Are apes related to humans?
5.Is god real?
6.Are Armadillo's native to North America,or move to North America when the land bridge was completed?
7.What has a deadlier bite,a black widow or king cobra?
8.Who's dumber,me or you?
9.What was the ancient Greek city called(hint):All the men in the city are warriors
10.How old is the earth
11.Name one species of Dinosaurs that was one of the first to flourish and were one of the first therapods?
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#37 May 12, 2013
Answer those and you just might actually be smarter then I thought.If not,then your just another bratish kiddy 9 year old.
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#38 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a idiot or what?I live in Canada,not America you idiot.Typical dumb 9 year old acting.In fact its not America be racist,its you.Your offending America and your also being racist by thinking americans are racist.We are just too much for a 9 year old to handle
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#39 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Epic fail, it's balloon and Komodo dragons are illegal to own, however I have 3 Asian water monitors.
Have you got nothing better to do than eating sand, or talking to Balloons.
Have you got nothing better to do,why dont you go talk to a balloon?Or look in a mirror and watch yourself dying?Or watch your beloved monitor lizards and a komodo dragon violently kill you and rip you to shreds?You sad,sad,very sad stupid imbecillic cretin
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#40 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this 1 dinosaur had wings.I forgot its name but it started with an A.It had wings which it could fly weakly but still let it take lift off,more like hovering for a short time.And Raptors,for example Deinonychus or Velociraptor had skeletons similar to those of a turkey and chicken.And our DNA is 90-95 % similar to those of apes.In fact some apes have learned to speak words similar to those of african and south american languages.
imabasilisk

Manchester, UK

#41 May 12, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Apes are totally different than humans
No they aren't, they can't be, Humans ARE apes whether you choose to believe in Evolution or not.
Birds have wings, Dinosaurs doesn't.
Actually several non-avian dinosaurs show evidence of full blown wings. Not necessarily wing used in powered flight, but still wings. Dromaeosaurids and ornithomimids are confirmed to possess wings, and several other ceolurosaurians are speculated to have them through phylogenic bracketing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antarctica was once green: Scientists Apr 16 tina anne 1
News Looking Camarasaurus in the Mouth Apr 16 Franky 1
News Shock claims Bible PROVES dinosaurs walked Eart... Apr 15 Franky 5
News Weird T. rex forerunner had small horns and cro... Apr 15 Franky 17
Is this dinosaur poop? Apr 7 Handymanrichars 1
News Top Lehigh Valley weekend events include Jim Th... Feb '17 James T Thorpy 1
News Marshosaurus--the Jurassic's Forgotten Carnivore Feb '17 T-rex_Rules 1
More from around the web