Dinosaur scientists somehow disappoin...

Dinosaur scientists somehow disappointed by Hollywood's disregard for dinosaur scientific facts

There are 101 comments on the ITworld story from Apr 8, 2013, titled Dinosaur scientists somehow disappointed by Hollywood's disregard for dinosaur scientific facts. In it, ITworld reports that:

If Hollywood had thought to put feathers on me -- like I'm supposed to have! -- I wouldn't have to hide in the faux-prehistoric foliage for warmth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ITworld.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 8, 2013
Heck this happens in every subject, history, geography, psychology, medicine, etc.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 8, 2013
OK with dinos, I want:

1. feathers where they were on the dino.
2. colored feathers at that.
3. dino yell improved.
4. eyes that move.
5. family life.
6. nesting saga.
7. weather events.
8. interactions with other animals.

And you?
coelophysis

Durham, NC

#3 Apr 11, 2013
no dinosaurs had feather its biggest myth like extinction all evidence point to them been prehistoric crocodilian a prehistoric gator crocodilian came from spinosauridae
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 11, 2013
coelophysis wrote:
no dinosaurs had feather its biggest myth like extinction all evidence point to them been prehistoric crocodilian a prehistoric gator crocodilian came from spinosauridae
Nope. Where's your reference? The Bible?

The realization that dinosaurs are closely related to birds raised the obvious possibility of feathered dinosaurs. Fossils of Archaeopteryx include well-preserved feathers, but it was not until the mid-1990s that clearly non-avialan dinosaur fossils were discovered with preserved feathers. Since then, more than twenty genera of dinosaurs, mostly theropods, have been discovered to have been feathered. Most fossils are from the Yixian formation in China. The fossil feathers of one specimen, Shuvuuia deserti, have tested positive for beta-keratin, the main protein in bird feathers, in immunological tests.[1][Wikipedia]

Do your own research.
coelophysis

Durham, NC

#5 Apr 11, 2013
the bible like every body has to answer to scientific evidence a modern scientific evidence say dinosaurs is no different from the 5 oddball croc paul sereno found and all the new crocs. Wikipedia is write by badit scientist its all propaganda protofeathers is collogen fiber dead skin they found that with shark and dolphin. and those dinosaurs they found with real feathers are bird just diverse bird like modern diverse bird microraptor is a true bird with flight feather on wing tail foot with big bird brain and flight sternum ornithomimus is true flightless bird with big bird brain 3 toe like emu that could not climb trees flight came from the trees dinosaurs has small reptilian brain smaller than pterosaurs which is smaller than flightless bird.bird toes and finger do not match dinosaurs archaeopteryx is true bird with flight feathers and no prefrontal bone. simple its all lies and he sleezy media is take you for ride to milk every thing out of dinosaurs they are tabloid.john ruben says they are just crocs i did not use his evidence.you can see from the media report how bias it is on sheildcroc no link to dinosaurs but clearly it is you have to be a pro to see true the writing it was won of the biggest dinosaurs discover of our time triceratops group of dinosaurs has unique head skin only found on sheildcroc.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Publish your claims. Attain a ghost writer.
coelophysi

Durham, NC

#7 Apr 11, 2013
i would but i am not very good with computer any way john ruben probly know more no won knows what he got he do not publish any croc link to dinosaurs imformation on the web I could not find any of these. bandit scientist seems to hold back imformation like they are embarras that dinosaurs turn out to be crocodilian some mite have caught up with the ankle hype. all they had to say crocodilian only have 3 finger claws a clear red flag dinosurs link to those fraud badit scientist so they stop there lieing or shut up.dinosaurs really do not have any mistery oroy how they potry in the media and by some scientist its all hype it just like any prehistoric animal to link with modern counter parts at same level. its clearly a crocodilian and they have known that from the past

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#8 Apr 14, 2013
coelophysis wrote:
the bible like every body has to answer to scientific evidence a modern scientific evidence say dinosaurs is no different from the 5 oddball croc paul sereno found and all the new crocs. Wikipedia is write by badit scientist its all propaganda protofeathers is collogen fiber dead skin they found that with shark and dolphin. and those dinosaurs they found with real feathers are bird just diverse bird like modern diverse bird microraptor is a true bird with flight feather on wing tail foot with big bird brain and flight sternum ornithomimus is true flightless bird with big bird brain 3 toe like emu that could not climb trees flight came from the trees dinosaurs has small reptilian brain smaller than pterosaurs which is smaller than flightless bird.bird toes and finger do not match dinosaurs archaeopteryx is true bird with flight feathers and no prefrontal bone. simple its all lies and he sleezy media is take you for ride to milk every thing out of dinosaurs they are tabloid.john ruben says they are just crocs i did not use his evidence.you can see from the media report how bias it is on sheildcroc no link to dinosaurs but clearly it is you have to be a pro to see true the writing it was won of the biggest dinosaurs discover of our time triceratops group of dinosaurs has unique head skin only found on sheildcroc.
Excuse me for interrupting but coelophysis you have noooo proof to support this theory. All the proof is staked against you. You have no hope of winning. Dinosaurs (or at least the theropods) evolved into birds and that is that.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2013
coelophysi wrote:
i would but i am not very good with computer any way john ruben probly know more no won knows what he got he do not publish any croc link to dinosaurs imformation on the web I could not find any of these. bandit scientist seems to hold back imformation like they are embarras that dinosaurs turn out to be crocodilian some mite have caught up with the ankle hype. all they had to say crocodilian only have 3 finger claws a clear red flag dinosurs link to those fraud badit scientist so they stop there lieing or shut up.dinosaurs really do not have any mistery oroy how they potry in the media and by some scientist its all hype it just like any prehistoric animal to link with modern counter parts at same level. its clearly a crocodilian and they have known that from the past
But you obviously thought this through well.
The mighty pelycosaur

Bristol, UK

#10 Apr 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
OK with dinos, I want:
1. feathers where they were on the dino.
2. colored feathers at that.
3. dino yell improved.
4. eyes that move.
5. family life.
6. nesting saga.
7. weather events.
8. interactions with other animals.
And you?
Accurate sizes (2ft tall raptors ect) and proper hands and arms (No broken wrists, Primaries covering hands ect)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#11 Apr 14, 2013
Oasegenggam

Jakarta, Indonesia

#12 Apr 22, 2013
Dinosaurus are not related to birds, they are more related to reptiles like Crocodile and Lizards.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#13 Apr 22, 2013
Oasegenggam wrote:
Dinosaurus are not related to birds, they are more related to reptiles like Crocodile and Lizards.
Dinosaurs are arguably just as related to birds as reptiles. They are like the missing link between reptiles and birds. In fact some dinosaurs like microraptor looked and may have acted very much like birds for example some dinosaurs have a moon shaped wrist like birds, wish bones like birds, feathers and even beaks like birds! At the end dinosaurs are the link between reptiles and birds like amphibians are a link between fish and reptiles. You don't call amphibians walking fish or reptiles because they're there own thing. So you can't say "Dinosaurus are not related to birds, they are more related to reptiles like Crocodile and Lizards." because they are nether. It also depends on what dinosaurs you are talking about. As I said before microraptor is VERY similar to birds wile coelophysis is more related to reptiles because it is an earlier dinosaur and hasn't started to evolve into birds as much as microraptor has. In the end dinosaurs are both.

Please consider what i said very carefully before saying Dinosaurus are not related to birds.
Oasegenggam

Jakarta, Indonesia

#14 Apr 22, 2013
But still, dinosaurs that has feather like the raptors are closely related to birds whereas the other with scaly skin are more related to Reptiles.
Komodo dragons and Crocodiles are the closest living relative of dinosaurs, both could also be descendant of the Tyrannosaurus.
Oasegenggam

Jakarta, Indonesia

#15 Apr 22, 2013
Planet Dinosaur wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs are arguably just as related to birds as reptiles. They are like the missing link between reptiles and birds. In fact some dinosaurs like microraptor looked and may have acted very much like birds for example some dinosaurs have a moon shaped wrist like birds, wish bones like birds, feathers and even beaks like birds! At the end dinosaurs are the link between reptiles and birds like amphibians are a link between fish and reptiles. You don't call amphibians walking fish or reptiles because they're there own thing. So you can't say "Dinosaurus are not related to birds, they are more related to reptiles like Crocodile and Lizards." because they are nether. It also depends on what dinosaurs you are talking about. As I said before microraptor is VERY similar to birds wile coelophysis is more related to reptiles because it is an earlier dinosaur and hasn't started to evolve into birds as much as microraptor has. In the end dinosaurs are both.
Please consider what i said very carefully before saying Dinosaurus are not related to birds.
And evolution is a big mistake, dumbass. There is no such thing is evolution and all Dinosaurs are more related to reptiles than to birds. Also Komodo dragons and Saltwater crocodiles are possibly the Closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus. So people believing that chickens are the closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus are stupid and dumb.
Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Sydney, Australia

#16 Apr 23, 2013
Oasegenggam wrote:
Dinosaurus are not related to birds, they are more related to reptiles like Crocodile and Lizards.
Actually I have to disagree to that on one standard, Raptors and possibly other theropods had feathers or some feathers on their skin but your also correct in some way.My evidence is that birds evolved even during the dino times although very late.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#18 May 11, 2013
Hey, sorry what I said before. I get a little carried away. I just am a big fan of evolution so when you said "Evolution is a big mistake" I got a little angry. Sorry.
Oasegenggamkomod o

Jakarta, Indonesia

#19 May 11, 2013
Planet Dinosaur wrote:
Hey, sorry what I said before. I get a little carried away. I just am a big fan of evolution so when you said "Evolution is a big mistake" I got a little angry. Sorry.
Well, evolution is still a big MISTAKE, fanboy.
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#20 May 11, 2013
Oasegenggam wrote:
<quoted text>
And evolution is a big mistake, dumbass. There is no such thing is evolution and all Dinosaurs are more related to reptiles than to birds. Also Komodo dragons and Saltwater crocodiles are possibly the Closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus. So people believing that chickens are the closest living relative to the Tyrannosaurus are stupid and dumb.Im also the most mentally challenged person on earth.
Have you got nothing better to do,why dont you go talk to a ballon,and watch yourself dying,or see your little pet komodo dragon turn on you and give you a slow pain ful death? You sad,sad,very sad stupid imbecillic cretin.
DERP

Richmond, Canada

#21 May 11, 2013
Oasegenggamkomodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, evolution is still a big MISTAKE, fanboy.
Yes evolutions biggest mistake is humans,now because of us we are polluting the earth,chopping down rainforests,and making little brats for example you.And without evoloution we wouldnt be here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Triceratops vs. Stegosaurus (Jun '09) Jun 13 I hate jada 2
News Hellboy: Bizarre Alberta dinosaur find suggests... Jun 4 Stephany McDowell 1
News Meteorite minerals offer clues to Earth extinct... (Sep '13) May '15 Guru 2
News The dinosaur display, with cash, at the Beijing... May '15 Alan Detrich 1
News Facts About the Creation Museum: 7 Things You M... May '15 mysuzuki2 1
News T Rex's 'bizarre' vegetarian cousin puzzles sci... Apr '15 Holy Guacamole 1
News 'Apparently' Kid Is Back And He's Schooling Chr... Apr '15 Christsharians on... 3
More from around the web