Are Dinosaurs in the Bible?

Are Dinosaurs in the Bible?

There are 248 comments on the About.com story from Aug 5, 2011, titled Are Dinosaurs in the Bible?. In it, About.com reports that:

Behemoth and Leviathan, Illustrations of the Book of Job, by William Blake . We know for a fact that dinosaurs existed on the earth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

“It is well with my soul”

Since: Feb 10

Whereabouts in Jersey

#24 Aug 8, 2011
Troodon8888 wrote:
<quoted text>
last time i checked, unicorns werent in the bible, and all the "mythical creatures" arent taken literally in the catholic church at least, symbolic meanings behind them.
Respectfully, when was the last time you checked the bible?

Num 23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Num 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn:

Job 39:9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Job 39:10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psa 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Psa 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like [the horn of] an unicorn:

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#25 Aug 8, 2011
3-headed Elvis clone wrote:
Well, I prefer not to hear this clueless stuff.
Then why? I ask why go the their website?
Peter

Annandale, Australia

#26 Aug 8, 2011
Long ago everything lived longer, man and plants and reptiles etc. It is proven today that reptiles never stop growing. Man has a cut-off mechanism, reptiles don't! They keep growing for as long as they live, so back then that's why they were so large. Back in 1979 they found an alligator head 4 feet long from thousands years ago.

That's all Dinosaurs were! Reptiles that never stopped growing and cause everything lived longer back then they became HUGE! So reptiles [Dinosaurs] grew and grew for hundreds of years and never stopped growing, and back then man lived to be even over 900 years old, so we know that reptiles lived also to be hundreds of years old.

If reptiles today lived as long as they did back then, we would today also have GIANT reptiles known as "Dinosaurs", and you would see GIANT turtles etc the size of a CAR. But cause they don't live as long as they did back then, they die before they can get that big.
3-headed Elvis clone

Moss Beach, CA

#27 Aug 8, 2011
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why? I ask why go the their website?
Because it showed up here? And it was pretty funny too....

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#28 Aug 8, 2011
3-headed Elvis clone wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it showed up here? And it was pretty funny too....
No, you started this post because you went to about.com and read it...

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#29 Aug 8, 2011
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you started this post because you went to about.com and read it...
Not so, Nicky. Look on the right side of your screen and you will see numerous 'Christian News' links, including dinosaurs. Just click on one and, if it intersests you, start a new discussion.

“Taste my purging steel”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#30 Aug 8, 2011
Peter wrote:
Long ago everything lived longer, man and plants and reptiles etc. It is proven today that reptiles never stop growing. Man has a cut-off mechanism, reptiles don't! They keep growing for as long as they live, so back then that's why they were so large. Back in 1979 they found an alligator head 4 feet long from thousands years ago.

That's all Dinosaurs were! Reptiles that never stopped growing and cause everything lived longer back then they became HUGE! So reptiles [Dinosaurs] grew and grew for hundreds of years and never stopped growing, and back then man lived to be even over 900 years old, so we know that reptiles lived also to be hundreds of years old.

If reptiles today lived as long as they did back then, we would today also have GIANT reptiles known as "Dinosaurs", and you would see GIANT turtles etc the size of a CAR. But cause they don't live as long as they did back then, they die before they can get that big.

No, some dinos are naturally big. Like sauropods. They start out weighing half a ton, and by the time they are 3 they are massive. They start out fairly small and then grow and mature at an astonishing rate. They get that big also because they have adapted many ways to get food and beat off all compition. Thats why dinos are the single best and most succsesfull type of animal. If it wasnt for the metor, raptors would be smarter then us, sauropods would be bigger than any ship, and theropods would crush all resistence from other predators. Raptors given a few more million years might have been smart enough to solve problems and build simple machines and tools and may even somday have learned to build cars and electrical things. We would be visously hunted down and killed, and wiped off by the power of the dinos.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#31 Aug 8, 2011
Troodon8888 wrote:
<quoted text>
take it easy, you don't have to try shoving your atheist beliefs down our throats, if you don't beleive in god, good for you, i could care less, but dont come over and insult others for their beliefs.
Nobody is shoving anything down anybody's throat. We are simply ridiculing idiotic beliefs.

John Woodmorappe claims that Noah had plenty of time to teach the baby dinosaurs to clean their own cages.
-- Woodmorappe, John,'Noah's Ark: a Feasibility Study', ICR, 1996

“Taste my purging steel”

Location hidden

#32 Aug 8, 2011
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is shoving anything down anybody's throat. We are simply ridiculing idiotic beliefs.

John Woodmorappe claims that Noah had plenty of time to teach the baby dinosaurs to clean their own cages.
-- Woodmorappe, John,'Noah's Ark: a Feasibility Study', ICR, 1996
Yes you are. And im a christan, i have nothing against your belifs, but im deeply offended by your bashing.
I belevive god created life then guided it along the path of evolution.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#33 Aug 8, 2011
Giganotosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are. And im a christan, i have nothing against your belifs, but im deeply offended by your bashing.
New to the forum? I don't 'bash' Christians with reasonable beliefs. I bash Sola Scriptura Evangelical Fundamentalists with idiotic beliefs.

“1337-9001”

Since: Jul 11

Just south of the South Pole

#34 Aug 8, 2011
OH MY GOSH!

“Yours truly....”

Perryville, Missouri

#35 Aug 8, 2011
i just dont like funamentalist christians and athiest that insult religion, sorry if im a little defensive, but ive delt with assholes(not on this forum) that have said that religion is "for retards who cant contimplaint evolution or science so they turn to their magical book with all the answers leading to an invisibale man in the sky".

if you beleive in a more fundementalist ideals, good for you but you dont have to try and force others into your beliefs. if you are an athiest thats fine with me so long as you dont talk down to anyone of faith or faith in general and try and point out errors within the bible.
the catholic church points out alot of these errors i know this for a fact and doesnt force you to be fundementalist or contextualist.

“Yours truly....”

Perryville, Missouri

#36 Aug 8, 2011
Ibborbi wrote:
<quoted text>
Respectfully, when was the last time you checked the bible?
Num 23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.
Num 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn:
Job 39:9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
Job 39:10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
Psa 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
Psa 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like [the horn of] an unicorn:
mmk, well during the reading of the scriptures(reading the bible) part of mass, that part hasnt ever been read, since the readings are often have a meaning behind them, usually regarding good moral, good faith, being a good freind, ect.
i've never read the entire bible myself before. but those verses have never been brought up before since they have nothing to do with my churches canon
3-headed Elvis clone

San Leandro, CA

#37 Aug 8, 2011
PEOPLE, ONLY A FOOL WOULD SAY THERE IS NO GOD!

OBVIOUSLY, that means there's a god! END OF STORY,
Thinking

Londonderry, UK

#38 Aug 8, 2011
No one has the right not to be offended.

intelligent design isn't.
Giganotosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Londonderry, UK

#39 Aug 8, 2011
They also f**k a lot of kids, and, like you, attempt to restrict commentary that upsets them.
Troodon8888 wrote:
i just dont like funamentalist christians and athiest that insult religion, sorry if im a little defensive, but ive delt with assholes(not on this forum) that have said that religion is "for retards who cant contimplaint evolution or science so they turn to their magical book with all the answers leading to an invisibale man in the sky".
if you beleive in a more fundementalist ideals, good for you but you dont have to try and force others into your beliefs. if you are an athiest thats fine with me so long as you dont talk down to anyone of faith or faith in general and try and point out errors within the bible.
the catholic church points out alot of these errors i know this for a fact and doesnt force you to be fundementalist or contextualist.

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#40 Aug 8, 2011
Giganotosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Then make like a dinosaur, develop a thicker skin.
Giganotosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one?

www.godchecker.com
CAU PWNS EVERYTHIN

Monza, Italy

#41 Aug 9, 2011
True Christian witness wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses will show you, in your Bible where Jehovah God created dinosaurs, only the meek and honest hearted belive God's word anyway.
Only the honest hearted and meek will survive the end of this wicked world and inherit the new world.
(Psalm 37:29) 29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.
HIGH 5! Me too is a Jehovah's witness!
Thinking

Londonderry, UK

#42 Aug 9, 2011
Bleeding silly.
CAU PWNS EVERYTHIN wrote:
<quoted text>HIGH 5! Me too is a Jehovah's witness!
CAU PWNS EVERYTHIN

Milan, Italy

#43 Aug 9, 2011
Thinking wrote:
Bleeding silly.
<quoted text>
NO, SPINODON
U r so bleedin silly :P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Digging in weird Wyoming cave yields ice age in... 20 hr Xstain Fumblement... 1
News Changes in primate teeth linked to rise of monkeys Jul '16 Audi 5000 Mom 7
News Life-Size Noah's Ark To Open Amid A Flood Of Sk... Jul '16 Oops 6
News 'Savage' dog-sized dinosaur with serrated teeth... Jul '16 Urai Kucka 2
News Asteroid which destroyed dinosaurs 'wiped out n... Jun '16 Max 3
News Posted: 1 hour agoComments (0)Albert Einstein o... Jun '16 Medewiwin 1
Diversity is White Genocide Jun '16 67849hk5lh 1
More from around the web