Temperatures hit record highs globall...

Temperatures hit record highs globally. El Nino or global warming?

There are 4 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Jul 23, 2010, titled Temperatures hit record highs globally. El Nino or global warming?. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

The first half of 2010 was the hottest six-month period recorded globally with temperatures around the globe 2 to 3 degrees Fahrenheit above averages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#1 Jul 24, 2010
More proof that 'global warming' is a misnomer and that it was a good idea to swap the phrase to climate change.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jul 24, 2010
Global warming AND El-Nino. Global warming raises average temperatures. El-Nino gives a short term 'boost' resulting in record peaks. Why do they keep trying to confuse the issue by turning it into an 'either/or' proposition. I have to assume that it is an attempt (feeble and stupid as it is) to create the 'context' of a political choice. As if votes mattered to reality..
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#3 Jul 24, 2010
Did you check the King Jame's Bible quote yet, Mr Spelt Fourty?
kycrystal03

San Diego, CA

#4 Aug 28, 2010
wow. aftert this week,I bet you are thinking about global cooling!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost in the sea Sep 9 clement 1
News The world's clouds are in different places than... Jul '16 Too Easy 14
News Sea level rise: It's worse than we thought (Jul '09) Jul '16 litesong 3,768
News With La Nina around the corner, dry weather in ... Jun '16 Kev 1
News new Scientists find minivan-sized sponge, world... May '16 Jack 8
News As Canada probes Haida Gwaii ocean fertilizing,... Apr '16 lotsa fish poop p... 1
News El Nino, La Nina patterns may be keys to predic... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web