Sea level rise: It's worse than we th...

Sea level rise: It's worse than we thought

There are 3768 comments on the New Scientist story from Jul 2, 2009, titled Sea level rise: It's worse than we thought. In it, New Scientist reports that:

FOR a few minutes David Holland forgets about his work and screams like a kid on a roller coaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Scientist.

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#2210 Nov 13, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition, humans are responsible for ALL of AGW.
Wow! you finally put up an intelligent post!
litesong

Everett, WA

#2212 Nov 13, 2012
[QUOTE who="steve's case of the itch"] you finally put up an intelligent post![/QUOTE]

One you could understand......
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#2213 Nov 14, 2012
Yesterday the experts said the cold wet season was cancelled here. New discovery the day was cold and wet. The experts were amazed that we experienced lightning. Guess the climate change is back.

Milwaukee, WI USA

#2214 Nov 14, 2012
Yes, we know, unusual or unseasonable is automatically the result of "Climate Change" or "Global Warming".

I am reminded of Arthur Miller's "Crucible" when the accusations and demands for confessions reached a crescendo and John Proctor was hanged.

You guys are fixing to hang the world economy.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#2215 Nov 14, 2012
No the experts are fixing to hang the world economy.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#2216 Nov 15, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the ramp, like the one to reach that point above your shoulders. You never annswered that eight grade question.
You the one you either could not remember or didn't want everyone to know because it was that lame.

Of course if you want an answer then you need to tell everyone what the question was.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2218 Nov 17, 2012
If the world economy declines, so do fossil fuel emissions. That's the dirty little secret of climate change mitigation.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#2219 Nov 17, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You the one you either could not remember or didn't want everyone to know because it was that lame.
Of course if you want an answer then you need to tell everyone what the question was.
Well continue to prove that your are Less than a Box of Rocks or answer the question. Remember with your higher education and your teaching job this question should be easy. Actually its like a 5th grade question. Now get after it.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#2220 Nov 17, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If the world economy declines, so do fossil fuel emissions. That's the dirty little secret of climate change mitigation.
The dirty secret of climate change is there is no such thing as clean coal. The world economy declines and recovers with or with out fossil fuel emissions.

Milwaukee, WI USA

#2221 Nov 20, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>The dirty secret of climate change is there is no such thing as clean coal. The world economy declines and recovers with or with out fossil fuel emissions.
Synfuel derived from coal is very clean because it's manufactured from a chemical process rather than refined from naturally dirty feed stock. If the energy source to run the process were atomic the industry and its product would be very green.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2222 Nov 20, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
Synfuel derived from coal is very clean because it's manufactured from a chemical process rather than refined from naturally dirty feed stock. If the energy source to run the process were atomic the industry and its product would be very green.
I would venture to say that the environmental footprint of synfuels varies all over the place. While having the advantage of reducing pollutants such as Hg, SOx, NOx, etc., it does little to reduce the addition of CO2 to the atmosphere.
PHD

Dundee, MI

#2223 Nov 20, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
So they use environmental safe chemicals? They use synfuel for?? Oh maybe burning. So the fuel exhaust from burning synfuel is???. And the atomic by product is???. Do tell all your clean green answers. The end results you may find is there is not such thing as clean coal.

Milwaukee, WI USA

#2224 Nov 20, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I would venture to say that the environmental footprint of synfuels varies all over the place. While having the advantage of reducing pollutants such as Hg, SOx, NOx, etc., it does little to reduce the addition of CO2 to the atmosphere.
As you know, I think that the addition of CO&#8322; to the atmosphere is a non-problem, mostly a benefit and certainly not a catastrophic disaster as you guys constantly claim.

Milwaukee, WI USA

#2225 Nov 20, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So they use environmental safe chemicals? They use synfuel for?? Oh maybe burning. So the fuel exhaust from burning synfuel is???. And the atomic by product is???. Do tell all your clean green answers. The end results you may find is there is not such thing as clean coal.
You have obviously made up your mind that there isn't. Your point about atomic energy is the only one that has any merit.
PHD

Dundee, MI

#2226 Nov 20, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
You have obviously made up your mind that there isn't. Your point about atomic energy is the only one that has any merit.
So you can't or refuse to answer the above questions. So my point on all have merit unless you can prove disprove the questions. Please use your own work the cut and paste thing only provides useless argument.

Milwaukee, WI USA

#2228 Nov 20, 2012
You're good at demanding of others what you don't do yourself.
PHD

Dundee, MI

#2229 Nov 20, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
You're good at demanding of others what you don't do yourself.
I never mentioned that climate change or global warming was actually making or not making change by humans. So what do you expect me to answer? Oh don't be shy when answering my question be direct.If you elect to take a position with the topic at hand do show us your work. The cut and paste thing dosen't prove your point.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2230 Nov 23, 2012
CO2 helps life survive on Earth. Don't hate carbon dioxide; we'd be dead without it.
litesong

Everett, WA

#2231 Nov 23, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
CO2 helps life survive on Earth. Don't hate carbon dioxide; we'd be dead without it.
"steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" thinks the Earth atmosphere would be good with CO2 at 1000+ppm. In some places CO2 would be 3000-6000ppm...... not good for people (children) breathing it.

"steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" has no mathematics or science background & has made errors of 73 million TIMES, 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES TWICE, & 3000 TIMES.

For thousands of years, life has adapted to a steady level of CO2. Now AGW is radically changing GHG CO2 & other GHGs.

Don't breathe what "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" thinks is safe.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2232 Nov 23, 2012
I don't just breathe CO2, I drink carbonated beverages.

That's right, I like to live on the edge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists Beg for Climate Action (Dec '07) Dec '16 Patriot 1,864
Lost in the sea Sep '16 clement 1
News The world's clouds are in different places than... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Too Easy 14
News With La Nina around the corner, dry weather in ... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Kev 1
News new Scientists find minivan-sized sponge, world... (May '16) May '16 Jack 8
News As Canada probes Haida Gwaii ocean fertilizing,... (Apr '16) Apr '16 lotsa fish poop p... 1
News El Nino, La Nina patterns may be keys to predic... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web