Alamogordo Daily News - Global warmin...

Alamogordo Daily News - Global warming, and what must be done

There are 35 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Dec 25, 2007, titled Alamogordo Daily News - Global warming, and what must be done. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Global warming is undoubtedly caused by Western industrialized society and its rampant consumerism, but the effects are disproportionately felt by the world's non-industrialized nations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boxorox

Baltimore, MD

#22 Dec 27, 2007
Kristin--I admire your courage in choosing to speak out on this topic which is obviously important to you. Please be sure to read as much as you can find about the underlying science which relates to climate and its behavior. More than just science, understanding climate is a long-range lesson in history and how the Earth almost never rests. The Holocene period in which we presently exist has been an unusually long and favorable period of calm on a torrid world. We exist today in the billions exactly because of the long, slow warming that has taken place over the last many thousands of years. The world likely grow warmer still and would do so with or without our presence. Be assured as well that the world will one day plunge yet again into a deep chill that spells the beginning of the next glacial advance, what is popularly known as an ice age. The last cold spell was the Wisconsinian Glacial Maximum and it last 75 to 90 thousand years and appears to be at least the 9th of a series of such ice ages that has characterized the Pleistocene era, of which the Holocene is the latest chapter.
Global warming is not a disaster in the making. Plesae do not be lead to believe by politicians and self-promoters that this natural trend is the consequence of heavy industrial, greedy overindulgence or just daily life played out all over the world 6.3 billions times daily. We may make a miniscule contribution, but our actions on the face of the earth do not measurably alter the orbit of the Earth around the sun, so to do our activities influence climate in any sort of meaningful way.
What the global warming campaign does stand to do negatively is to derail the real environmental movement. By this I mean that the focus of trying to control, stop or to reverse global warming has diverted efforts to assure us clean air and clean water for our present and future needs. Do not be fooled by the Supreme Court ruling that carbon dioxide is a pollutant. To accept that is to be hoodwinked into finding out that each one of us is a polluter just by being alive and breathing. Shall we be regulated or taxed just for snoring? Please know that while global warming is a real thing, it is not new and we humans are not the driving force behind it. The promoters of this belief are giving up on us older folk who know better. We who no better cannot be convinced by strong-arm tactics that seek to place totalitarian environmentalist regime over us. Now that move on to the young generation and try to appeal to your passions, feed on your concerns for unborn children and threatened animals (most of whom will do just fine), and draw you into a belief system that distorts science and will only lead to a global social engineering campaign that Aldous Huxley could never have dreamed of.
Get a good education, don't believe everything you hear and ask questions every chance you get.

Since: Dec 07

La Luz

#23 Dec 28, 2007
I experienced the same denial of good science for years by those in the public health sector who had recognized and proved that cigarette smoking was bad for one's health. All of the 'scientists' funded by the tobacco industry denied that allegation for years.
Now we have the oil and natural gas funded scientists denying the impact of burning fossil fuels, funding radio and tv stations to deny good science as well.
Fortunately, too many of us listen to peer-reviewed, non-industry-related or funded studies to prove the damage of continuing our oil addiction.
John Baake

Alamogordo, NM

#25 Dec 30, 2007
Don't waste your breath BLM, Ms. Lang is the type of person that will only believe something if it shows that mankind is basically sinful and arrogant.
She believes in the al gore version of global warming because it shows man as being the villain.
She believes in the nonsense about second hand smoke because people find pleasure in smoking, and so it must be evil.
BLM wrote:
Astronomers are not oil or gas funded scientists Denise. Do your research. OTHER PLANETS ALSO HAVE GLOBAL WARMING BUT NO HUMANS ON THEM!! WHY IS THAT?????!!!!
Stan

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Apr 20, 2011
These facts and data from 2010 is the most recent
that shows MAN is primarily the cause of global warming.

This time lapse NASA video taken from satellite images of the Arctic over the last 30 years shows the massive loss of the Arctic Ice Cap that has occurred from 1980 to June 2010 - and it is still melting. The Arctic sea has completely melted for the first time in 22,000 years. No one an argue that we are not losing the ice caps, satellite images do not lie!

http://www.youtube.com/v/JMQ21p93JZc

Now what has caused it? Analysis of ice core samples done by totally independent researchers like from the National Geographic Society have
isolated man made carbon gasses in the ice at
ever increasing levels since the 1900's and especially since 1980. China has now passed the
U.S. with carbon emissions at a rate of 7% increase each year the last ten years. This has eliminated the decrease in U.S. carbon emissions that has been seen. People can deny all they want that man is not causing global warming, but these
facts and data show man is. And no I am not a
Al Gore fan, nor a liberal, I am simply providing the facts and data from reliable sources that have nothing to do with Al Gore.

From NASA
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Pal...

Explaining Rapid Climate Change: Tales from the Ice
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Pal...

TIMELINEOF MAN MADE GASES:

You will need javascript enabled to view the charts.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/warnings/stories...

Click on Air Pollution 1900,-- Gases trapped in ice cores show the dramatic impact that human activities have had on the planet since the Industrial Revolution starting in 1900. The first graph reveals how atmospheric carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxides from coal- and oil-burning power plants, cars, and other fossil-fuel-burning sources have climbed along with the world population.

The readings of fossil fuel burning gasses, man made have been measured accurately in ice core samples which shows they have been increasing dramatically since the 1900's when the industrial revolution began. The last 30 years have been the highest readings. Gas House readings, man made carbon emissions and and ice core samples have been done continuously over the last 30 years with the same findings and the most recent were done last June, 2010.

These are MAN MADE gases - not from volcano activity !

These readings were performed by independent researchers working for sources like National Geographic Society who are valid recognized independent scientists for their work.

The video shows we have lost the Arctic. The data proves man is mostly the cause
of this present day melting of the ice caps.

Also, the sun has NOTHING to do with melting the ice caps.

The sun has actually been COOLING as provided be these facts:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warmin...

Make notation of the graph showing the sun has been getting COOLER.

Over the last fifty years, the sun’s output has decreased slightly: it is radiating less heat. We can measure the various activities of the sun pretty accurately from here on Earth, or from orbit above it, so it is hard to ignore the discrepancy between the facts and the ridiculous argument that the sun is causing the rise in temperatures.

This has been recorded by every major observatory in the world so are they all wrong?

Also...

As far as "All the planets are warming up." That was put out there in 2007 and 2008 to try and dispel the facts.

Mars and Jupiter HAVE NOT been getting warmer. Jupiter gets its heat from within, it is a giant furnace.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warmin...
Good grief

Alamogordo, NM

#27 Apr 20, 2011
And you brought up a 4-y/o dead thread for what reason exactly?
Stan

Albuquerque, NM

#28 Apr 20, 2011
I brought it up to show the latest facts and data.
Have you watched the time lapse video showing how much of the Arctic ice has melted from 1980 to June 2010, compiled from NASA satellite images?

Did you recent the latest ice core samples
showing the man made carbon emissions?

I believe what I posted was self-explanatory
as to why I posted the newest facts and data.
Good grief

Alamogordo, NM

#29 Apr 20, 2011
Quit cross-posting on several threads.
Go outside and play in the sunshine before it gets too hot to enjoy.
Ayreshire

Cloudcroft, NM

#30 Apr 20, 2011
Regina wrote:
P.S. How many of the global warming alarmists/believers have stopped using private jets?
It's been colder around my town the last few weeks this winter than I recall it being in prior years. Is that part of warming?
thanks honey
Stan

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Apr 20, 2011
Why don't you tell Ayreshire to stop cross posting
on threads as well !

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Since: Oct 08

Where my house is

#32 Apr 20, 2011
Stan wrote:
Why don't you tell Ayreshire to stop cross posting
on threads as well !
Cause he doesn't post the SAME EXACT post from thread to thread like YOU DO!

FREAK!
Ayreshire

Cloudcroft, NM

#33 Apr 20, 2011
Good grief wrote:
And you brought up a 4-y/o dead thread for what reason exactly?
we needed to spread our infinite knowledge just a little further. and I had fouled the other thread beyond repair.
Stan

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Apr 20, 2011
Miken96....oh yes Ayeshire cross posts many of the same thing on multiple boards, would you like for me to show you?

Are you Ayeshire's bulldog or what?

And Ayeshire or anyone, what right do you have to comment about me posting on a topic board that is 4 years old. That is what the boards are for, for posting comments.

Are you people the Gestapo on these boards that what you say goes and everyone else is wrong.

You are nothing but little HITLERS!

Go Bully someone else because this is the last time regardless of how you attack me, calling me names I am not going to respond to your posts anymore, you are not worth the time or energy, but
I will post my comments which I have a right to.

If you don't like it, sorry ----

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Since: Oct 08

Where my house is

#35 Apr 21, 2011
Stan wrote:
Miken96....oh yes Ayeshire cross posts many of the same thing on multiple boards, would you like for me to show you?
Are you Ayeshire's bulldog or what?
And Ayeshire or anyone, what right do you have to comment about me posting on a topic board that is 4 years old. That is what the boards are for, for posting comments.
Are you people the Gestapo on these boards that what you say goes and everyone else is wrong.
You are nothing but little HITLERS!
Go Bully someone else because this is the last time regardless of how you attack me, calling me names I am not going to respond to your posts anymore, you are not worth the time or energy, but
I will post my comments which I have a right to.
If you don't like it, sorry ----
Ah yes... The Hitler comments...
The staple of a LWN Extremist!! When all else fails, call them Hitlers!

YOu are a piece of dung

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Since: Oct 08

Where my house is

#36 Apr 21, 2011
Stan wrote:
Miken96....oh yes Ayeshire cross posts many of the same thing on multiple boards, would you like for me to show you?
Are you Ayeshire's bulldog or what?
And Ayeshire or anyone, what right do you have to comment about me posting on a topic board that is 4 years old. That is what the boards are for, for posting comments.
Are you people the Gestapo on these boards that what you say goes and everyone else is wrong.
You are nothing but little HITLERS!
Go Bully someone else because this is the last time regardless of how you attack me, calling me names I am not going to respond to your posts anymore, you are not worth the time or energy, but
I will post my comments which I have a right to.
If you don't like it, sorry ----
Yes.
Show me where he posts.. WORD FOR WORD LIKE YOU DO from multiple boards
luke

Rio Rancho, NM

#37 Jul 7, 2011
Stan wrote:
Miken96....oh yes Ayeshire cross posts many of the same thing on multiple boards, would you like for me to show you?
Are you Ayeshire's bulldog or what?
And Ayeshire or anyone, what right do you have to comment about me posting on a topic board that is 4 years old. That is what the boards are for, for posting comments.
Are you people the Gestapo on these boards that what you say goes and everyone else is wrong.
You are nothing but little HITLERS!
Go Bully someone else because this is the last time regardless of how you attack me, calling me names I am not going to respond to your posts anymore, you are not worth the time or energy, but
I will post my comments which I have a right to.
If you don't like it, sorry ----
Stan u lied u still respond to everyone u can't help it u are a know it all least wise u think u are. I got news for u , u don't know ur a/zz from a hole in the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The world's clouds are in different places than... Jul '16 Too Easy 14
News Sea level rise: It's worse than we thought (Jul '09) Jul '16 litesong 3,768
News With La Nina around the corner, dry weather in ... Jun '16 Kev 1
News new Scientists find minivan-sized sponge, world... May '16 Jack 8
News As Canada probes Haida Gwaii ocean fertilizing,... Apr '16 lotsa fish poop p... 1
News El Nino, La Nina patterns may be keys to predic... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Sewage in the CRD: Scientists question need for... Mar '16 crazy 1
More from around the web