APNewsBreak: Scientists discover new,...

APNewsBreak: Scientists discover new, giant deep sea oil plume in t...

There are 5 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from May 27, 2010, titled APNewsBreak: Scientists discover new, giant deep sea oil plume in t.... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Marine scientists have discovered a massive new plume of what they believe to be oil deep beneath the Gulf of Mexico, stretching 22 miles from the leaking wellhead northeast toward Mobile Bay, Alabama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

Eric Woods

Ravenswood, WV

#1 May 28, 2010
Bp needs to be shut down and the government needs to fix the problem bp is wasting time and are losing tons of money someone who cares a little more needs to step up and take action the right way..they have to technology to go down 5 miles to put a oil well down there and to drill holes but they dont have the technology to stop a leak if it happens thats bull they need to get there heads out of there asses an stop the leak befor its to late
Ima Cummin

Knoxville, TN

#2 May 28, 2010
I like BP. It sounds so English !
Saloth Sar

Mobile, AL

#3 May 28, 2010
Well Mr. Woods what do you propose? Have you or anyone you know ever capped off a leaking well-head a mile below the surface? It is all new technology and where did you get the 5 miles from? If I am not mistaken the deepest rig is the Perdido Star which is in just a little over 1.5 miles of water.
Mr. Woods please apologize and admit you were just having any angry hissy fit.
pol pot

Bay Minette, AL

#4 May 28, 2010
Thank you to Mr. Saloth Sar! I could not have said it better myself.
Saloth Sar

United States

#5 May 28, 2010
Finally someone gets its. Way to go pol pot, obviously you know a little 70's history.
Now I have to go get another screen name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sea level rise: It's worse than we thought (Jul '09) Jul 12 Too Funny 3,772
News Obvious science from Antarctica: ice melts in w... Jun '17 Hail Hydra 6
News Poor Education Leads To Lost Dreams And Low Inc... Mar '17 The Real Karen 78
What is this formation called? Mar '17 STUDENT 1
News Volcano blows hole in global warming fight (Oct '10) Mar '17 Volcano 10
News Poor Education Leads To Lost Dreams And Low Inc... Mar '17 Jace 11
News Scientists Beg for Climate Action (Dec '07) Dec '16 Patriot 1,864
More from around the web