Climate change to boost health problems

May 26, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

There will be more itching, sneezing, swelling and gasping for breath as Pennsylvania's climate shifts and residents are exposed to more poison ivy, stinging insects, pollen allergies and lyme-disease-bearing ticks, and experience increased asthma, respiratory disease and heat-related deaths.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated May 31, 2014

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 May 27, 2014
Intelligent people call it "summertime". Happens every year around Memorial Day. Next thing those terrible concrete pits will be filled with water and people will be put in severe danger as they wade in water to cool off.

Not to worry, the government will protect you by allowing you to stand under a fine spray mist. Those concrete holes are just too dangerous for Progressive Democrats. It takes a village, but then, what does it matter.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#2 May 29, 2014
Pool and politics, anything else?

Completed analyses show that more than 90 percent of the warming that has happened on Earth over the past 50 years has occurred in the ocean. Though the atmosphere has been spared from the full extent of global warming for now, heat already stored in the ocean will eventually be released, committing Earth to additional warming in the future.
Phantasm

Denver, CO

#3 May 29, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Pool and politics, anything else?
Completed analyses show that more than 90 percent of the warming that has happened on Earth over the past 50 years has occurred in the ocean. Though the atmosphere has been spared from the full extent of global warming for now, heat already stored in the ocean will eventually be released, committing Earth to additional warming in the future.
One course of action would be to completely discredit western medicine and the antibiotics they use to poison people and the planet and treat Lyme disease with herbs. This will cause a market demand for herbs and they will have to regrow some of the rain forest.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#4 May 29, 2014
Phantasm wrote:
<quoted text>
One course of action would be to completely discredit western medicine and the antibiotics they use to poison people and the planet and treat Lyme disease with herbs. This will cause a market demand for herbs and they will have to regrow some of the rain forest.
About the rain forests.. they are prolific to regrowth. So if you stop logging, development, you get the recovery soon.

As to the medicine comment.. do you live in CO, LOL?

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 May 30, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>About the rain forests.. they are prolific to regrowth. So if you stop logging, development, you get the recovery soon.
As to the medicine comment.. do you live in CO, LOL?
OR - we could wait for Obama to read it in the paper and be outraged? That seem to fix everything else.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#6 May 30, 2014
Had a dead branch fall in my yard last week. I'll bet global warming had something to do with that.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7 May 30, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Had a dead branch fall in my yard last week. I'll bet global warming had something to do with that.
Good guess.. drought or flooding or storms or species extinction... or ..
Jim the Hoax Denier

Pasadena, TX

#8 May 30, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Quite right old chap. Cuz anthropoglobalclimategenicwarm ingchange causes everything.

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm
Phantasm

Denver, CO

#9 May 31, 2014
Well someone has some sense.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/30/us-b...

It's all working together, antibiotics in the environment, genetic engineering, global warming. It will result in the sixth mass extinction.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#10 May 31, 2014
Jim the Hoax Denier wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right old chap...htm
Old liThe upcoming EPA rules have proven to be extremely controversial, and despite the fact that the rules have not been released yet, several members of Congress and political groups have already come out against them namely those who deny the scientific evidence for climate change.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#11 May 31, 2014
typos re bad

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 May 31, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Old liThe upcoming EPA rules have proven to be extremely controversial, and despite the fact that the rules have not been released yet, several members of Congress and political groups have already come out against them namely those who deny the scientific evidence for climate change.
Ok, Just when, in all of history, did the climate not change?

20 years ago it was the start of the new ice age, now we're all gonna' cook, or drown, or something. But, with enough money we can get it fixed. Figures do not lie, but liars figure. But then, what does it matter.
Darnell

Hanover, PA

#13 May 31, 2014
Climate Change is for the anxiety-ridden only.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Severe drought is causing the western US to ris... Aug 21 kryan 1
Bad news for sea-level rises as quickening Anta... Aug 16 SpaceBlues 5
How much methane came out of that hole in Siberia? Aug 14 SpaceBlues 1
Study Finds Giant 'Superplume' Slowly Splitting... Aug 11 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Underwater gliders could solve ecological myste... Aug 5 Tanner 2
FL-Gov: Crist (D), "I'm Not A Scientist Either ... Jul '14 SpaceBlues 1
How did the "Cracks" in the ocean surface form? Jul '14 001400280mnm 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••