All 'AGW' Believers Seem To Be Dead Wrong

Oct 11, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 26

Since the entire trend-line falls within the blue zone of measurement uncertainty, we do not even know to 95% certainty about any global warming at all for 17 years.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#1 Oct 11, 2013
Er.. the graph is for 12 years, not 17.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#2 Oct 11, 2013
Here's the graph for the 17 year period

http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/hadcrut4gl/f...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#3 Oct 11, 2013
And for 30 years:

for those who can read a graph..
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#4 Oct 11, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
That would be necessary to maximize the 'stair tread' in the denial, based on the tend year 'decadal oscillation'.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics.php...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#5 Oct 11, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
And for 30 years:
And understand that decadal oscillations (climate variance of roughly a ten year 'cycle' requires two times (Nyquist) and preferably three times the filter length in order to remove a significant part of the 'noise' and avoid 'folding over' the high frequency components into the lower frequencies (see beat frequencies) due to sampling being SLIGHTLY out of sync with the wavelength.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#6 Oct 11, 2013
Note also that this 'variability' is very similar to the 'sea rise is over' argument when LA-NINA dumped more water onto the land and there was a sudden 'dip'. They are actually related, and like that issue, it is going away as the system returns to the 'mean' with the slope of the change unaffected.
Jim

Pasadena, TX

#7 Oct 11, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Oh God. The deniers will be here soon spouting some ignorance about how reality is denied by their idiot models and some brainless tripe about heat hiding in the oceans. Lol. The only things hiding are the heads of the warminista deniers burying their heads in the sand and refusing to admit their hoax has been exposed.
NobodyYouKnow

Toronto, Canada

#8 Oct 11, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God. The deniers will be here soon spouting some ignorance about how reality is denied by their idiot models and some brainless tripe about heat hiding in the oceans. Lol. The only things hiding are the heads of the warminista deniers burying their heads in the sand and refusing to admit their hoax has been exposed.
http://tinyurl.com/o5nh4d2
"Saying --- see above ---- is not stating an opinion, it's asserting a factual inaccuracy."
NobodyYouKnow

Toronto, Canada

#9 Oct 11, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God. The deniers ... ignorance .. reality is denied ... idiot .. some brainless tripe..
Yup. You sure are..
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#10 Oct 11, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Here's the graph for the 17 year period
So if warming were linear and continues on the plane of that graph we can expect an additional warming of approx..7C by year 2100.
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#11 Oct 11, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
And for 30 years:
Additional warming of about 1.1C by 2100, if warming is linear.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#12 Oct 11, 2013
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't. Right now, the trend over the last thirty years is significantly higher than the trend over the previous 30. The issue is that the 'equilibrium' is not reached instantly. The lag of current warming is added to the forcing of new GHGs and the trend tends to increase, given 'business as usual'. The EVENTUAL temperature increase for a doubling of CO2 is about 3C (most scientists agree on this). At our present rate of GHG accumulation we will hit the 'doubling' by 2068 if our current trend continues.

By 2100, we would be around 691 ppm and just starting our second doubling. Probably no more than 3.5C over the planet, but you have to realize that even the ice ages only move the 'global average' about -3C to -5C, so 3.5C warmer will result in a totally unrecognizable planet. tinyurl.com/yaczh53

litesong

Monroe, WA

#13 Oct 11, 2013
jammed wrote:
Oh God. The deniers will be here soon........
I see. God don't think any toxic topix AGW denier tea party re-pubic-lick-uns are worth sending.......
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#14 Oct 12, 2013
No Warming wrote:
<quoted text>
nooooooooooo
Jim

Pasadena, TX

#15 Oct 12, 2013
NobodyYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. You sure are..
Fortunately you're right. I don't know you. Yup. I tend to not hang around with ignorant week minded fools. Or is that tools. Well suffice it to say you could fill both bills. To a T.
Jim

Pasadena, TX

#16 Oct 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. God don't think any toxic topix AGW denier tea party re-pubic-lick-uns are worth sending.......
Don't worry litebrain. There are people out there who can care for you. You will one day-maybe-awaken from your stupor and realize you've been duped. Unfortunately there are a lot of really stupid people out there-the people your kind associate with-and by the time you get shocked into reality it will likely be too late. Chaos is the plan. And you're simply a pathetic pawn.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#17 Oct 13, 2013
The title is dead WRONG!
Jim

Pasadena, TX

#18 Oct 13, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
The title is dead WRONG!
I suppose the incredible growth in Arctic sea ice over the last few months is dead WRONG too. I mean, the nerve to defy the dire predictions of all those illustrious climate shills, er scientists, who predicted the exhaustion of said ice years ago. Climate Science... Besides being the new oxymoron it requires the suspension of belief in reality and rabid adherence to the dogma of the all knowing model. All Hail Models!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#19 Oct 13, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose the incredible growth in Arctic sea ice over the last few months is dead WRONG too. I mean, the nerve to defy the dire predictions of all those illustrious climate shills, er scientists, who predicted the exhaustion of said ice years ago. Climate Science... Besides being the new oxymoron it requires the suspension of belief in reality and rabid adherence to the dogma of the all knowing model. All Hail Models!
Nice fiction..

LOL, super models?
litesong

Monroe, WA

#20 Oct 13, 2013
jimmied data wrote:
I suppose the incredible growth in Arctic sea ice over the last few months is dead WRONG too.
As normal, a toxic topix AGW denier, this time named "jimmied data", supposes a cold cyclical, but limited weather cycle means something. But..........

Average Arctic sea ice VOLUME for September 1, for the period 1980-89, was ~15,000 cubic kilometers. Present September 1, 2013 sea ice VOLUME is ~5100 cubic kilometers,~10,000 cubic kilometers less than the 1980-89 period for September. Even with the cold cyclical, but limited weather cycle, "jimmied data" has to "jimmy" up 10,000 cubic kilometers more September Arctic sea ice.

Go to it, "jimmied data".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pakistan earthquake island belching poisonous gas (Sep '13) Sep 4 Snark Snark 13
Swinging CO2 Levels Show The Earth Is 'Breathin... (Aug '13) Sep 4 Earthling-1 80
Does Antarctic sea ice growth negate climate ch... Aug 31 Jim the Hoax Denier 3
Severe drought is causing the western US to ris... Aug 30 SpaceBlues 2
Bad news for sea-level rises as quickening Anta... Aug '14 SpaceBlues 5
How much methane came out of that hole in Siberia? Aug '14 SpaceBlues 1
Study Finds Giant 'Superplume' Slowly Splitting... Aug '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
•••

Oceanography People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••