Episcopal bishop aims to bridge gap b...

Episcopal bishop aims to bridge gap between faith, science

There are 8 comments on the www.ledger-enquirer.com story from Dec 3, 2010, titled Episcopal bishop aims to bridge gap between faith, science. In it, www.ledger-enquirer.com reports that:

As a trained oceanographer, pilot and high-profile prelate, Episcopal Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori seems like the ideal ambassador to bridge the widening chasm between faith and science ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ledger-enquirer.com.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#2 Dec 3, 2010
LOL - Of course you would think that Think Again.

This is good.

From the article: Presiding Bishop's comment

"The ethical and moral issues that face people in the U.S. have a great deal to do with how we see the world, whether we see it as interconnected or not, our responsibility for our neighbors nearby and far away, how we're going to use the resources and the gifts we have to the benefit of somebody beyond our own selves," she said.

Yesterday, I posted the numbers from Canada that showed that even when a brilliant speaker like Tony Blair defended the faith against an atheist, 68% of the audience ended in favored the idea that religion was not working for the good of society. That number was less before the arugment.

It is people like you Think Again that help turn people away from the call of God's love. You must be so happy with your work.
Think Again

Winterville, NC

#3 Dec 3, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
It is people like you Think Again that help turn people away from the call of God's love. You must be so happy with your work.
Well why don't you show me how to do it on the other thread. Show all of the atheists that are attacking God and Jesus the love of Christ. Defend your believe in Jesus as the only Son of God. Defend you faith.

Jump in and help convert them through your powerful witness and divine knowledge learned from years at prestigious schools and under the tutelage of TEC priests.

You won't because you can't because when it is all said and done, you agree with them.

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#4 Dec 4, 2010
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why don't you show me how to do it on the other thread. Show all of the atheists that are attacking God and Jesus the love of Christ. Defend your believe in Jesus as the only Son of God. Defend you faith.
Jump in and help convert them through your powerful witness and divine knowledge learned from years at prestigious schools and under the tutelage of TEC priests.
You won't because you can't because when it is all said and done, you agree with them.
I am an American and truly believe that any citizen is free to enjoy the 'pursuit of happiness' and has the right to follow the dictates of their own conscience.

I rejoice in the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution.

My one true love was an atheist and I never had a problem with that. Forcing people to 'believe or die' is such a Church of Rome concept.

Of course in today's world there are other people that also believe their 'holy book' is without error and uncreated. That idol gives them the right to kill all unbelievers. What a very sad, bankrupt and morally unacceptable concept!

Don't tread on me!
Think Again

Winterville, NC

#5 Dec 4, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>

My one true love was an atheist and I never had a problem with that.
There it is. Your "one true love" rubbed off on you because what you believe is nothing similar to Christianity.

If you really loved this person, you would have told him of the savior and of His saving grace.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#6 Dec 4, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
... My one true love was an atheist and I never had a problem with that.
2 Cor 6:14
Think Again

Winterville, NC

#7 Dec 4, 2010
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Cor 6:14
I can hear it now.

"But, but, but Joe this is a quote from Saul of Tarsus and he doesn't count."
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

#8 Dec 4, 2010
It is interesting that Schori wants to relate to people near and far -- as long as they are not part of her worldwide Anglican fellowship. Those of her own faith she slaps in the face with apostasy, false teaching, and total disdain. Evidently the best way to be a beneficiary of Schori's benevolence is to not be part of her worldwide fellowship. What a twit.

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

#9 Dec 5, 2010
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hear it now.
"But, but, but Joe this is a quote from Saul of Tarsus and he doesn't count."
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:6

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanography Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 21 pazuzu 7
News Inter-decadal Pacific Oscillation Explains Glob... Apr '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Japanese reactor radiation detected off B.C. coast Apr '15 RDL 2
News Shrinking of Ice Shelves Raises Sea Level Concerns Apr '15 Earthling-1 10
News Pakistan earthquake island belching poisonous gas (Sep '13) Mar '15 MOMIN ANSARI 17
News Head of Episcopal Church: Denying Climate Chang... Mar '15 Cordwainer Trout 2
More from around the web