Breast Cancer Rate Plunged 7 Pct. in ...

Breast Cancer Rate Plunged 7 Pct. in '03

There are 7 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 14, 2006, titled Breast Cancer Rate Plunged 7 Pct. in '03 . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

U.S. breast cancer rates plunged an unprecedented 7 percent in 2003, the year after millions of women stopped taking menopause hormones when a study showed the pills raise the risk of tumors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Elizabeth Frank

Houston, TX

#1 Dec 15, 2006
Finally, we are beginning to tack down the cause of cancer in relation to HRT. The information has been there, but obviously with held by our drug companies. Bottomline - money.
Stromquist

Warren, NJ

#2 Dec 15, 2006
Always the case.
David Colasante MD

Malvern, PA

#3 Jan 3, 2007
I think women often forget that they wouldn't even have breasts if it wasn't for estrogen. That's why I don't have any (I'm male). Estrogen is essential for the development and healthy maintenence of breast tissue. What happens to breasts after menopause, when estrogen levels plummet, could correctly be termed breast atrophy (wasting).

Please remember that the so called "drop in breast cancer" reported was just a drop in breast cancer DIAGNOSIS. This is not the same as a drop in breast cancer incidence or breast cancer deaths. Estrogen therapy appears to cause preexisting breast cancers to enlarge (and become more detectable). That is not proof that estrogen causes more new breast cancers or breast cancer deaths. In fact, the majority of data on breast cancer deaths continues to appear lower among estrogen users. I doubt this will ever be studied adequately now that women have been so frightened by WHI.
Chief Diversity Officer

Houston, TX

#5 Jan 5, 2007
Forget the whales, Save the Boobs!
We are catching on

Wheelock, TX

#6 Jan 6, 2007
Men do get breast cancer, even though much more rare than a woman. You sound like a paid spokesperson for Wyeth.
David Colasante MD

Malvern, PA

#8 Jan 9, 2007
We are catching on wrote:
Men do get breast cancer, even though much more rare than a woman. You sound like a paid spokesperson for Wyeth.
I don't see the relevance of male breast cancer though I conceed that it exists.

I was, in fact employed as a Wyeth researcher from 1991-2000. I was their medical liaison to the NIH and arranged a great deal of support for the WHI among several other women's health studies. My hopes were for a great deal of useful information but the logistics of the huge study became impossible (40% drop outs is just one example). WHI is a classic example of a failed study and if we don't admit it, we will misinterpret it terribly as has been the case.

I do not currently receive any funding nor hold any stock or other interest in a pharmaceutical company.
Zimri

Germany

#12 Sep 15, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/bLFWQG seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mathematics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Research consortium develops evidence-based dia... Mar 30 HumanSpirit 1
News Trump wants to slash $4.7 billion from the Agri... Mar '17 Texxy 1
Golf pairings solution required (Jan '07) Mar '17 Denny 149
News Long-form census is a valuable tool (Sep '10) Feb '17 census-says 4
News When computers were human: the black women behi... Jan '17 Ms Mack 3
News Unstable Situation Of The Russian Ruble Dec '16 RUSSKI BANANA REP... 10
Tiled armour science - trispokedovetiles - thre... Nov '16 Peter Dow 1
More from around the web