Golf pairings solution required
Leonard C

New York, NY

#41 Jul 8, 2009
Thank you Mike Zisman. He emailed me a spreadsheet with pairings which will be incredibly helpful for my annual golf trips. I can't wait until he has his website up and running.
Larry Czaban

Piscataway, NJ

#42 Jul 14, 2009
My wfe and I spun our wheels for about a day and a half trying to figure out how to pair 12 golfers in 4 rounds so each can play with each other, to no avail. I seen this post an said why not give it a try. Mike Zisman responded within a few hours explaining that there is no solution for the players / rounds requested, but supplied the best possible pairings that can be achieved. Thanks Mike great advise and a great response.
Jay Goodfader

Bellflower, CA

#43 Jul 16, 2009
Thanks Mike! He provided the best possible solution for our group! I am looking forward to your website and thanks again!

Since: Mar 09

Malvern, PA

#44 Jul 17, 2009
I have probably done about 40 pairings for people as a result of the communications on topix. it has helped me to dramatically improve the program and, i think, helped the people for whom i did pairings. I am incorporating this into a web site that will provide support for all aspects of a golf trip. the site is not quite done, so until it is, my offer to do pairings for free still stands.

pls visit my blog at www.golftripgenius.com/blog .
SHREK

Emu Heights, Australia

#45 Jul 18, 2009
Mike is the man, responded in less than 10 minutes and offered far more than I asked for.

Darby, PA

#46 Jul 20, 2009
SHREK wrote:
Mike is the man, responded in less than 10 minutes and offered far more than I asked for.
How is this for the power of the Internet? Shrek is in Sydney, googles golf pairings, finds this site, emails me, and 10 minutes later has a tee sheet. I was lucky enough to connect the Univ of Pennsylvania computer to the ARPAnet, which was the predecessor to the Internet, in 1975 as node number 75. I watched it grow to billions of nodes since then.
Dick

North Easton, MA

#47 Jul 27, 2009
Upcoming Ireland Trip

6 Golfers (2 3-somes)
7 Rounds of Golf
Best solution so everyone plays at least twice with one another?

Any solutions/programs?

Glenolden, PA

#48 Jul 27, 2009
Dick wrote:
Upcoming Ireland Trip
6 Golfers (2 3-somes)
7 Rounds of Golf
Best solution so everyone plays at least twice with one another?
Any solutions/programs?
Dick - send me your email address and i will send solution. send names and i will also provide spreadsheet/tee sheet.
Dick

North Easton, MA

#49 Jul 27, 2009
Attn: Mike Z.

I sent you an email with names, and modified to 6 ROUNDS

Thank

hrficco@aol.com
Brent G

United States

#50 Aug 3, 2009
Michael did a fantastic job. Had an issue previous years in making the pairings for 16 players to minimize the number of repeat groupings. Gave me the order in which to have people grouped. Problem solved from here on! I then had a problem in that we had 2 golfers drop out and he was able to arrange it for 14 golfers (2 threesomes and 2 foursomes each round). Truly amazing! Thank you, Michael!

Since: Aug 09

Barnstaple, UK

#51 Aug 4, 2009
Can I join the Mike Zisman fan club? He's done a great job for me - 9 players, 5 rounds, and everyone plays everyone else at least once. It had my brain in knots trying by trial and error.

well done, Mike, much appreciated, and a very rapid response as well.
John Brannon

Battle Creek, MI

#52 Aug 30, 2009
16 players, 5 rounds any thoughts on how to set this up
carl

United States

#53 Sep 10, 2009
mike zisman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dick - send me your email address and i will send solution. send names and i will also provide spreadsheet/tee sheet.
hello
we have tossed this one around for the a while.
how about 9 players 6 rounds playing as threesomes
mike zisman

Glenolden, PA

#54 Sep 10, 2009
carl - easy to get a perfect pairing. send me your email address and i will send results. include names of players and i will send excel spreadsheet with all the pairings. just add dates, courses and times and you have a tee sheet.
mike zisman

Glenolden, PA

#56 Sep 11, 2009
Thanks to all those who worked with us on pairings. check out our new web site - www.golftripgenius.com
Martin Abbott

South Dennis, MA

#57 Oct 12, 2009
In a two day tournament with about 25 two man teams, both net and gross prizes, how should the final day pairings be done? I think the two net leaders play together in the second to last group and the two gross leaders together in the final group. What do you think?
golftripper

United States

#58 Feb 5, 2010
Richard Croxford wrote:
12 players in 3 teams of 4. Playing 4 rounds of golf.... How do I arrange the pairings so that everybody plays each other????
There is an opportunity tp play 4 rounds with 3 different people (12 pesons)so there must be one repetition ??? There must be a formula for this but I am no mathematician. help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. croxfox@yahoo.co.uk
go to golftripgenius.com . it's amazing and it works
golftripper

United States

#59 Feb 5, 2010
go to golftripgenius.com

its amazing and it works
Brian

Tel Aviv, Israel

#60 Feb 13, 2010
we are 8 golfers playing 7 rounds. what is the optimal pairing
mike zisman

Rockford, MI

#61 Feb 13, 2010
Brian - go to www.golftripgenius.com . click on signup. it's free. use site to simply get best pairing for 8 golfers and 7 rounds, or print tee sheets, coordinate logistics, set up tournaments, score tournaments, use the message board, etc. getting best pairings is all free, and everything else is free until 2/28 for trip in 2010.

give it a try.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mathematics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How a Cordova boat mechanic became an inventor ... Jul 7 Truth Seeker 1
News Long-form census is a valuable tool (Sep '10) May '17 hope 4 good pensions 5
News Research consortium develops evidence-based dia... Mar '17 HumanSpirit 1
News Trump wants to slash $4.7 billion from the Agri... Mar '17 Texxy 1
News When computers were human: the black women behi... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Ms Mack 3
News Unstable Situation Of The Russian Ruble (Nov '16) Dec '16 RUSSKI BANANA REP... 10
Tiled armour science - trispokedovetiles - thre... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Peter Dow 1
More from around the web