Student job shadows to learn about marine biology

Discovery Kingdom/Six Flags, formerly called Marine World, in Vallejo, provided a unique educational opportunity to Red Bluff Union High School senior Robert Baker. Full Story
Eileen

Canada

#1 Mar 13, 2008
It is unclear to me that teaching tricks to captive whales has much relationship to a career in marine biology. It would be much more beneficial to use such education to understand and prevent the multitude of risk factors endangering marine mammals
Michael

San Francisco, CA

#2 Mar 15, 2008
There won't be any whales or dophins, because of people like Eileen from Canada and her attitude. She and many extremists rather see wildlife disapper. Animal activists are a risk factor to endangered animals, but they don't want you to know that bit of information.

This world needs more people like Robert, who I'm sure was touched as a kid getting up close and personal with wildlife at zoo or marine mammal park.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marine Biology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
infectious bite Sep '14 carmen999 1
Can anyone tell me what this is? (Apr '13) Sep '14 kaitlyndupree121901 3
Discovery Channel Shark Week Crossover Rejections Aug '14 Todd Trumpet 1
Elecricity generated by sharks muscles Jul '14 Save Sharks 1
Life at the Harvard of the Arctic (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kevin 1
Fish ID, a Red Sea Fantail anemone fish?! (May '14) May '14 Tim Stobart 1
Marine Biology / Environ. Science Schools (Apr '14) Apr '14 Matt D 1
More from around the web