Marine miracle: Local shark got pregn...

Marine miracle: Local shark got pregnant by herself

There are 4 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Marine miracle: Local shark got pregnant by herself. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A study confirms local shark was second proven instance of asexual reproduction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

donna

Hampton, VA

#1 Oct 10, 2008
didn't you learn anything from the movie jerassic park, sure it was a movie..but if you have alot of females and no males they will become fertile and produce young in hopes of a male. how come i came home with one snail from the fish store and now i have hundreds. frogs will reproduce if they can't find a male, it's something that's just bred into them, it shouldn't come as that much of a surprise, that's why we have to stop shark hunting. so there will be plenty of males, of course when they have shark fishing tournaments they don't care if it's a male or female..
Richard Harris

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Oct 10, 2008
A "divine birth" - time to worship the Shark Gods.
jon

Diamond Bar, CA

#3 Oct 10, 2008
wtf
john

Salem, OR

#4 Oct 20, 2008
*farted*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marine Biology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is this thing I found? Jul 17 Anonymous 2
What is this creature? Jul 17 Anonymous 2
Help! What is this bone? Jul 17 Anonymous 2
Unknown whale specie. Jul 6 Anonymous 1
help wanted! Apr '16 MPS237 3
What is this tooth/tusk? Apr '16 atooth 1
Limpets and drag and lift Apr '16 HeyHey 1
More from around the web