David Suzuki: How geoengineering rela...

David Suzuki: How geoengineering relates to climate change

There are 1 comment on the The Georgia Straight story from Aug 20, 2013, titled David Suzuki: How geoengineering relates to climate change. In it, The Georgia Straight reports that:

From clearing land to building dams, we've done it throughout history. When our technologies and populations were limited, our actions affected small areas We've now entered an era in which humans are a geological force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Georgia Straight.

LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#1 Aug 21, 2013
Man has been a geological force for many centuries. Just look at Rapa Nui, the Maya, the cedar forests of Lebanon(or their non-existence I should say), etc.

The real issue is that these changes and collapses occur despite the forward looking of some, generally due to the rapacity and self interest of a few.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Multiple Earthquakes Rattle Central Oklahoma Re... Jun 26 Nic 1
News Oklahoma Earthquakes: Is There A Liability And ... Jun 26 Nic 1
News 'Peak Demand' Is The New 'Peak Oil' Jun 25 r they keepin abr... 2
News How Much Oil Does the World Have Left? Jun 25 has consumption r... 1
News Risk Management a Oklahoma drilling regulator c... Jun 25 Doc 1
News 5.8 magnitude earthquake west of Willow rattles... Jun 24 u never really know 1
News Magnitude-5.8 quake shakes buildings in south-c... Jun 24 Eric 1
More from around the web