Mysterious B.C. stone circle a result of natural forces: scientists

Feb 14, 2012 Full story: Canada.com

On a remote, windswept ridge high above the treeline in the Coast Mountains of southwestern B.C., the dull hues of a brownish-green plateau suddenly give way to a bright-white, 50-metre-wide circle of stone.

Full Story
Pam

Canada

#1 Feb 15, 2012
Sorry I don't believe that it wasn't created by man. There is an interested you tube video about underwater structures off of the coast of Japan that National Geographic did a documentary on, and scientist refuse to acknowledge man kinds hand in building these structures because scientists would have to reevaluate human history, and that would mean stepping on the toes of evolution theories.
Steve

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Aug 27, 2012
I have just read the article whereby two scientists state their opinions that the mysterious British Columbia, Canada stone circle is the result of only natural forces. Actually, I believe a second set of scientists should study that stone circle so we can have a second opinion. Perhaps the stone circle is partly the result of natural forces and partly the result of ancient Indians who took advantage of the situation and we are seeing the completed job. Maybe Canadian Indian tribes can help fill us in on more information as to the origin of the massive stone circle. What do their ancient legends and stories say on this matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magnitude 3.4 earthquake shakes west Alabama ne... Dec 17 USGS 1
Small earthquake shakes Greene County half a mi... Dec 17 Eutaw AL 1
VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... Dec 14 hut 3
'Seismic Sunday' Continues With 4.1 Magnitude Q... Dec 14 Ted 1
Alpine fault drilling 'ambitious' Dec 14 Ted 1
Small earthquake recorded in Central Jersey Dec 14 central New Jersey 1
News Theories for 2011 Louisa Earthquake Dec 12 Tom 1
More from around the web