Mapping Louisa County Earthquake Fault Lines - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and We...

A small plane flying in the Louisa area could shed information about last year's earthquake that rocked the East Coast. Full Story
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 12, 2012
Mitt Romney wrote:
Wasting tax payer money to determine who's fault it is is ridiculous. I'm blaming it on what's his name! Too be honest though, if your IQ is above "W's" record setting low of 4, I expect you know it's really his fault. To fly a plane around to figure that out is simply amazing! I haven't been elected yet so my IQ of 0 is not a record yet.
We are in the south, you must always keep that in mind. Family matters. Matters being in this case a noun.
Duh

United States

#3 Jul 12, 2012
So can anyone explain why they have to use Canadian registered plane to do the mapping? Are we outsourcing this as well? I just happen to know about 10 American pilots that are out of work thanks to our Fecal Gov't lackies.
Seriously

United States

#4 Jul 12, 2012
This is a Canadian Cessna Grand Caravan!! WTF USGS?
blaster

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 12, 2012
Seriously wrote:
This is a Canadian Cessna Grand Caravan!!**** USGS?
pROBABLY MORE OBAAAAAAAAAAMA STIMILUS AT WORK
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jul 13, 2012
Duh wrote:
So can anyone explain why they have to use Canadian registered plane to do the mapping? Are we outsourcing this as well? I just happen to know about 10 American pilots that are out of work thanks to our Fecal Gov't lackies.
We live ina global economy now, you must understand that, everything is bidded out to the lowest bidder, jobs, underware, toothpicks and pilots. Why do you think our economy is in such great shape now?
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#7 Jul 13, 2012
reality bites wrote:
<quoted text>We live ina global economy now, you must understand that, everything is bidded out to the lowest bidder, jobs, underware, toothpicks and pilots. Why do you think our economy is in such great shape now?
Isn't it ironic? We send our youth (including me) to fight for international corporate interests while we waive flags made in China. What will we love more? Remember, they hate us for our freedoms.

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
~Hermann Göring
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jul 13, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it ironic? We send our youth (including me) to fight for international corporate interests while we waive flags made in China. What will we love more? Remember, they hate us for our freedoms.
"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
~Hermann Göring
Truer words were never spoken, thats why Eisenhower warned us. We still aren't listening.
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jul 13, 2012
Duh wrote:
Maybe it's a proprietary system owned by a Canadian company. It might be cheaper to bring them in than to develop one domestically. That's just a guess. I don't know the answer, and I have not looked into it.
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it ironic? We send our youth (including me) to fight for international corporate interests while we waive flags made in China. What will we love more? Remember, they hate us for our freedoms.
~Hermann Göring
True. Does anyone remember why we went to Irag? Does anyone know what we got out of it? People can be convinced to do just about anything.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#11 Jul 13, 2012
reality bites wrote:
<quoted text>Truer words were never spoken, thats why Eisenhower warned us. We still aren't listening.
More importantly, that's what General Washington warned us of and meant it.
Eisenhower turned his back on Ho Chi Minh and backed the French, which lead to Vietnam (including sending advisors, essentially entering the French-Indochina wars) Eisenhower got us into the diabolical have been with Iraq as Qasim's overthrow lead to the rise of Hussein and the Ba'athist Party. Eisenhower initiated the beginnings of Operation Ajax which we're still dealing with Iran.
If you believe in blow back, Eisenhower was the mother of all failed foreign policies as it pertains to the Middle East and every trailing event.
Eisenhower, like most politicians, talked out of both sides of his mouth. I ruined my old man's adulation of Reagan and Eisenhower, too... so don't feel left out.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#12 Jul 13, 2012
CvilleMechEngr wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Does anyone remember why we went to Irag? Does anyone know what we got out of it? People can be convinced to do just about anything.
It appears to be an ever changing story. At first we went in because they were behind 9/11, which turned out to be false. Then it was because they backed backed AQ (which turned out to be not only false, but VERY false...AQ was a threat to the Sunni's secular ways which included women's rights.) Then it was yellow cake (which also turned out to be false) Then it turned out to be WMDs (which while they did have some, made in the USA was printed on them, and we gave the WMDs to them to fight the Iranians, but Saddam used them on his own people instead.) And now it appears to be the "Freedom Agenda" which has Islamistists taking over brutal dictatorships that were backed by the USA... oh joy.
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jul 13, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
~Hermann Göring
"In the Garden of Beasts" is an interesting account of the years just prior to WWII. Don't confuse it with "Garden of Beasts" which is a fiction (and not a bad one) that is coincidentally set in nearly the same period. It's nothing you don't already know, but still worth reading if you haven't already. It has nothing to do with the fault line in Louisa County.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#14 Jul 13, 2012
CvilleMechEngr wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the Garden of Beasts" is an interesting account of the years just prior to WWII. Don't confuse it with "Garden of Beasts" which is a fiction (and not a bad one) that is coincidentally set in nearly the same period. It's nothing you don't already know, but still worth reading if you haven't already. It has nothing to do with the fault line in Louisa County.
Heh, reality bites' words sent me on a tangent... sorry.
I'll add it to my bucket list, which has been getting longer, thanks.(the older I get, the less time I have to myself)
I don't really care about the mapping of fault lines, it's probably a good idea.
Skink

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jul 13, 2012
CvilleMechEngr wrote:
<quoted text>
And, not to be confused with "In a Garden of Breasts"; what an outstanding erotic thriller. Read it as a youngster and happy mammaries of that book still linger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early Earth - Now A Lot Less Like Hell Wed Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Earthquake: 2.6 quake strikes near Palos Verdes... Sep 16 Erin 1
4.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Near Guthrie Sep 15 Dan 1
Southwest's Earthquake Spike Linked to Injectio... Sep 15 go figger 1
Small earthquake rattles Northern California Sep 15 Faridmuti 1
Earthquake: 3.1 quake strikes San Jacinto, Calif. Sep 14 Kelly 1
Small earthquake rattles Northern California Sep 14 him 1
•••

Geology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE