Scientists may have found Brazilian '...

Scientists may have found Brazilian 'Atlantis'

There are 1 comment on the The China Post story from May 7, 2013, titled Scientists may have found Brazilian 'Atlantis'. In it, The China Post reports that:

Brazilian geologists on Monday announced the discovery, 1,500 kilometers from Rio, of what could be part of the continent submerged when the Atlantic Ocean was formed as Africa and South America drifted apart 100 million years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The China Post.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 May 8, 2013
Handy discovery.

The Pangaea continental drift jigsaw shows a fair sized gap in the Brazil-Angola region which would cause an overlap in the Walvis shelf area & the Argentina border if everything was jogged together to fit.

Nice to find the missing bit of the puzzle @ last.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Earthquake 'more powerful than Italian quake' s... Aug 24 Italy repeat 7 yr... 1
News Preliminary 6.7 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Ce... (Apr '09) Aug 24 repeat 7 years later 5
News Major earthquake in central Italy leaves numero... Aug 24 Abruzzi Italy 1
News At least 10 reported dead after magnitude 6.1 e... Aug 24 lots more dead 1
News Hopes Rise for Underground Carbon Storage Scheme Aug 21 tina anne 1
News As oilpatch bleeds jobs, Alberta's high-tech se... Aug 15 The Drill Sargean... 5
News Earthquake: 3.5 quake strikes near Borrego Spri... Aug 9 LSMFT 1
More from around the web