Multimillionaire climate change scientist jailed for child abuse

Mar 24, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Telegraph.co.uk

Professor Peter Rankilor, a respected climate change scientist, has been jailed for ten years for sexually abusing two young girls.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2013
jose

Davao City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

the old fart is going to die in jail probably with another inmate's d*** up his a** just so he feels what it's like. as earl hickey would say "that's karma"
Gore Blimey

Salou, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

perhaps divine justice for helping Gore in his Global warming scam.
Simon Kam

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Prof. Peter Rankilor had much contribution in his research works in many areas including civil engineering, geotechnical, marine works, computer technology, expert systems and climate change as witness by his numerous publications & international papers. He might have made big mistakes & committed the offence 30 years ago and I believe it could have been for the same reason that he focus his life creating a huge contribution in his areas of expertise.
So, while Prof. Rankilor was punished for the crime he had committed, please continue to acknowleadge his contributions to the world of engineering and his other charitable undertaking!
Simon Kam
(Malaysia)
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

For a minute there I was hoping to see Al Ogre
The Guardian said so

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Simon Kam wrote:
Prof. Peter Rankilor had much contribution in his research works in many areas including civil engineering, geotechnical, marine works, computer technology, expert systems and climate change as witness by his numerous publications & international papers. He might have made big mistakes & committed the offence 30 years ago and I believe it could have been for the same reason that he focus his life creating a huge contribution in his areas of expertise.
So, while Prof. Rankilor was punished for the crime he had committed, please continue to acknowleadge his contributions to the world of engineering and his other charitable undertaking!
Simon Kam
(Malaysia)
No, he is a climate fraud like Al Gore.
Al Gore

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Suprise Suprise.......NOT
Manstock man

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Peter Rankilor was my first employer back in 1979, and I am totally shocked to hear of his conviction as he was a remarkable man. I can only hope he really is innocent and that it can be proven. If he is not innocent, then he must pay the price served out by justice but it does seem a very harsh sentence compared with other recent high profile cases. For the times I knew him, I do wish him well. I just wish he was innocent.

Since: Sep 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Though I too believe that climate change is completely over blown, this does nothing to injure their case. Just as if a doubter had committed a similar crime would not harm the anti anthropogenic warming argument.
Out Them All

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Manstock - a harsh sentence?
This man sexually abused VERY young girls for over 30 years. He has ruined innocent lives forever.
If there was still capital punishment he should have been hanged a hundred times for what he did.
witch hunt for nonces

Llandeilo, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

I wonder how many more there are? I heard that Michael Jackson and Gary Glitter are big AGW believers.
Barrie Robinson

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

If we do not look at "climate change" for the melting of the glaciers, permafrost and polar ice, the change in the forests, the weird floods and droughts, continual loss of wild life species, to say nothing of increased cancer, asthma and the like - WHAT DO WE BLAME? Anyone with a little more than a loaf of bread for a brain must realise that all the planes, cars, factories, power stations, and people ADD to the problem not reduce the problem. It may come as a surprise to some that the world is finite and will one day say "enough" and the faster man pollutes the sooner this day will come - and remember it is the masses that buy and pollute not, in comparison, the vastly fewer (and richer) "bosses".

And will people please get their facts right about Peter Rankilor - an old University friend.
bronck burger

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

ONE MORE PHONY GLOBAL WARMING SUPPORTER POPPED. YOU TRY SCREWING OVER THE PEOPLE BUY MAKING LIES UP ABOUT GOREBLE-WARMING AND HURT THOSE YOUNG LADYS. SUFFER PHONY MAYBE GOREITE WILL SEND YOU A WAL-NUT-O. To ALL of the PRO GLOBAL WARMER CROWD . YOU TRIED SCREWING WITH FOLKS AND IT IS STARTING TO COME BACK AND BITE YOU, PRETTY HARD.
PETE

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Manstock man wrote:
Peter Rankilor was my first employer back in 1979, and I am totally shocked to hear of his conviction as he was a remarkable man. I can only hope he really is innocent and that it can be proven. If he is not innocent, then he must pay the price served out by justice but it does seem a very harsh sentence compared with other recent high profile cases. For the times I knew him, I do wish him well. I just wish he was innocent.
I had the misfortune to work for him at Manstock in the early nineties. I found him to be a strange man, I was surprised but not totally in disbelief about his conviction. He wasn't a "climate change scientist" when I knew him, but was some authority on geotechnical engineering, and geotextiles certainly.

Multi-millionaire? I did'nt know he was so rich, he always plead poverty, and drove a ordinary car, but apparently had a previously had a Ferrari in better years.

It's his kids I feel sorry for. I knew them as well.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••