How a lake went down the drain

Wisconsin officials said they had no idea Tuesday how they might stanch the flow of water still pouring from what had been Lake Delton, and they weren't even sure precisely how the giant leak started. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mae IL

Belvidere, IL

#93 Jun 28, 2008
Our family and whole extended family enjoyed the Lake Delton area for 40 years. I grew up swimming off the the pier at Sandy Beach while my grandparents fished below the old dam.. no it will never be like that again because of all the new development but I still have a strong connection to the area because of those old memories and like to visit for old times sake.
Sarah

Sun Prairie, WI

#94 Jun 30, 2008
P.S.
They are NOT trying to get the lake up and running for this year.
They are hoping to do it by next summer.

What they are trying to do is fix hwy A before the snow flys. Its a major road to many of us. Before they can fix the road they have to have a dam in place.
Anndee

Temecula, CA

#95 Jul 18, 2008
YOU'RE INVITED TO OUR HOUSE!!!!!
BringBackBrettFavre
Rally 2008
EVERY SUNDAY AT LAMBEAU FIELD

Don't forget to bring a no perishable
food item. Lets fill the parking lot!

Rally held to pressure Packers to reinstate Favre July 13th, 2008 under News

About 200 people rallied outside Lambeau Field on Sunday to pressure the Packers into reinstating Brett Favre as the team's starting quarterback. The crowd - many wearing No. 4 jerseys - chanted, "We want Brett" and carried signs reading, "Favre for President." Adam and Erick Rolfson organized the rally. They plan to hold another Monday night in the Milwaukee area and then every Sunday until the team reinstates Favre. They have started a Web site,
http://www.bringbackbrettfavre.com

Lambeau Field
*EVERY SUNDAY UNTIL THE TEAM REINSTATES FAVRE!*

“I'm a knucklehead!”

Since: Apr 08

Lake In The Hills, IL

#96 Jul 18, 2008
Anndee wrote:
YOU'RE INVITED TO OUR HOUSE!!!!!
BringBackBrettFavre
Rally 2008
EVERY SUNDAY AT LAMBEAU FIELD
Don't forget to bring a no perishable
food item. Lets fill the parking lot!
Rally held to pressure Packers to reinstate Favre July 13th, 2008 under News
About 200 people rallied outside Lambeau Field on Sunday to pressure the Packers into reinstating Brett Favre as the team's starting quarterback. The crowd - many wearing No. 4 jerseys - chanted, "We want Brett" and carried signs reading, "Favre for President." Adam and Erick Rolfson organized the rally. They plan to hold another Monday night in the Milwaukee area and then every Sunday until the team reinstates Favre. They have started a Web site,
http://www.bringbackbrettfavre.com
Lambeau Field
*EVERY SUNDAY UNTIL THE TEAM REINSTATES FAVRE!*
and while we're at it-
BRING BACK DICK NIXON!
america needs his leadership! his vision! his ability to sweat profusely in front of many cameras! his uncanny ability to make minor political hijinx into impeachable offenses! and do a really, really bad job of trying to cover it all up!
NIXON IS THE ONE- AGAIN!!

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#97 Jul 19, 2008
Too crazy here!
LINDA

Los Angeles, CA

#98 Jul 20, 2008
WOW - what a bunch of "crazy" comments that I just read about "my hometown" - Wisconsin Dells, and the situation at Lake Delton. I really feel for all of the people that lost their homes and businesses when the lake breached and went to the Wisconsin River. I also feel for all of those who "used" to travel down County Road A, because now a BIG section of that road is completely GONE down the river too. Trust me -- one of the only ways to truly comprehend all of it is to see it for yourself. I was just there a few days ago and it is just SAD.:(:(:(
Anndee

Temecula, CA

#99 Jul 23, 2008
jimkube wrote:
<quoted text>
and while we're at it-
BRING BACK DICK NIXON!
america needs his leadership! his vision! his ability to sweat profusely in front of many cameras! his uncanny ability to make minor political hijinx into impeachable offenses! and do a really, really bad job of trying to cover it all up!
NIXON IS THE ONE- AGAIN!!
you work at the prison?

“I'm a knucklehead!”

Lake In The Hills, IL

#100 Jul 23, 2008
Anndee wrote:
<quoted text>
you work at the prison?
?????

do i work at the prison?

no. i suggest you read any of the many history books about richard nixon.
michael

Madison, WI

#101 Jul 29, 2008
madison has everything anyway.i spent my life in wi dells and every once in a while i love going back.lots of building in the last few years.town of billboards,bars,hotels,waterpa rks.and if you get in trouble,they send you way out to portage.my dad said wisconsin is 100 years behind.
Lake Delton Condo Onwer

Plymouth, MN

#102 Jul 29, 2008
jimkube wrote:
an artificial lake dissappears near a now-largely artificial town- wisconsin dells. sorry, i love wisconsin- my roots are there. but the whole dells scene is trashy. aside from the jobs that the cheesy tourism trade has created there, what good is it?
From all of us who love the dells and wouldn't vacation anywhere else. Please stay away it sounds like you'd feal better and we certainly would not miss you.

“I'm a knucklehead!”

Lake In The Hills, IL

#103 Jul 30, 2008
Lake Delton Condo Onwer wrote:
<quoted text>
From all of us who love the dells and wouldn't vacation anywhere else. Please stay away it sounds like you'd feal better and we certainly would not miss you.
i'd certainly "feel" better if i'd not seen your atrocious spelling and sentence composition.

"feal"- did you graduate grade school? oh, never mind. this is the internet, and people are permitted to misspell, misstate, misconstrue, and miss the point.

god bless you, anyway.

“WHAT HUMP? ”

Since: Mar 08

Chicago

#104 Jul 30, 2008
I like lakes. I hope it fills up again. Poor fish.
MAJ

Milwaukee, WI

#105 Jul 30, 2008
JXS wrote:
<quoted text>.
I'm sorry but if you live on or near water, you take the risk that you will lose your home.
you can feel for them, but this is right on target.
kaktuszac

Pinole, CA

#106 Aug 1, 2008
smokies wrote:
<quoted text>
you would have to be an idoit to build along a river., house on the ocean-- talk to a geologist.
where do i live., inland--
I am a geologist. And I know that natural disasters occur everywhere. FYI - Living inland does not protect you from fires, earthquakes, landslides or tornados.
walter lipman

Pretoria, South Africa

#107 Dec 13, 2012
We are based in South Africa and we are the most reputed currency cleaning egency . We do clean all types of money. Do get back to us for more information on walterlipman46@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
URGENT - Japan Earthquake Feb 16 minor tsunami 1
6.8-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Japan Feb 16 BIG 1 was 4yrs ago 1
6.8 earthquake hits off Japanese coast Feb 16 600 kms n of Tokyo 1
Strong quake hits northern Japan, government li... Feb 16 600 kms n of Tokyo 1
Japan quake causes 'minor' tsunami Feb 16 Jon 1
Two earthquakes rattle Big Island Feb 16 Jon 1
UPDATE 1-Strong quake hits northern Japan, tsun... Feb 16 Jon 1
More from around the web