How a lake went down the drain

Wisconsin officials said they had no idea Tuesday how they might stanch the flow of water still pouring from what had been Lake Delton, and they weren't even sure precisely how the giant leak started. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“I'm a knucklehead!”

Since: Apr 08

Lake In The Hills, IL

#1 Jun 10, 2008
an artificial lake dissappears near a now-largely artificial town- wisconsin dells. sorry, i love wisconsin- my roots are there. but the whole dells scene is trashy. aside from the jobs that the cheesy tourism trade has created there, what good is it?
Q-ball

Hillside, IL

#2 Jun 11, 2008
Too bad Robot World didn't get washed away.

NOW where will I wear my Bermuda shorts and sandals w/black knee hi socks this summer?

Since: Dec 07

Peoria, IL

#3 Jun 11, 2008
Let's rename it Lake Woe-be-gone.
Yooper

Menomonee Falls, WI

#4 Jun 11, 2008
jimkube wrote:
an artificial lake dissappears near a now-largely artificial town- wisconsin dells. sorry, i love wisconsin- my roots are there. but the whole dells scene is trashy. aside from the jobs that the cheesy tourism trade has created there, what good is it?
I'll tell you what good it is; it serves all of the Chicagoans that come up and spend their money on that trash!
Go Chicago PD

AOL

#11 Jun 11, 2008
jimkube wrote:
I could not agree more. I lived there for 8 years and managed a museum there for 7 and the place is a dump. It used to be nice when they relied on the river, the Indians and had a few attractions but now...... its just ridiculous. They can have that dump.
Rich

Lynchburg, VA

#12 Jun 11, 2008
Lake Delton went to Lake Heaven.
Cyberist

Stamford, CT

#15 Jun 11, 2008
Frank The Tank wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't funny anymore. Really, it's not.
Yes, it is.
Judy

Melrose Park, IL

#17 Jun 11, 2008
jimkube wrote:
You really are a knucklehead! Many people enjoy the Dells, not your cup of tea, so be it.
whatever

Mokena, IL

#18 Jun 11, 2008
Every tub needs a good drain and cleaning once in awhile. Feel bad for the folks that are affected financially, but the lake will return. Personally I avoid the place as Wisconsin has much better places to visit than the Dells. Can I take off my Tommy Bartlett Water Show bumper sticker now?
Ya hey der

East Peoria, IL

#20 Jun 11, 2008
Shuda plugged her up with cheese and brats ey!
G-Bush

New York, NY

#21 Jun 11, 2008
I can't believe they have cival engineers trying to fix the dam, when our resources/engineers should be concentrating on rebuilding Iraq!
drive 1 foot from bikes

Zion, IL

#22 Jun 11, 2008
First Favre leaves, now the Dells lake. What is next? Miller brewing shuts down!
Tom not Tommy B

Des Plaines, IL

#23 Jun 11, 2008
jimkube wrote:
Jimkube is absolutely correct. Good to see this blight finally go away. What a tourist trap from day one!
Lemonade

United States

#24 Jun 11, 2008
Does anyone have a spare metal detector.
Brian

Chicago, IL

#25 Jun 11, 2008
The Fishing was pretty easy there yesterday. I just put the hook in the fish's mouth, backed up 50 feet and reeled. I limited out in 10 minutes.
kevin

Lyons, IL

#26 Jun 11, 2008
G-Bush wrote:
I can't believe they have cival engineers trying to fix the dam, when our resources/engineers should be concentrating on rebuilding Iraq!
what planet are you on? torrential rains in wisconsin have nothing to do with iraq. i'm not a plan of the dells, but i hope it's your home that disappears next.
Roy

Ashland, KY

#27 Jun 11, 2008
Hey - let's go see Tommy Bartlett's mud wrestling and tractor pull show.
smokies

United States

#28 Jun 11, 2008
it is all about money, money-- they build where you should not build., destory the land and what happens flooding--
why should we be suprised about all of this flooding?
BJM

Chicago, IL

#29 Jun 11, 2008
whatever wrote:
Every tub needs a good drain and cleaning once in awhile. Feel bad for the folks that are affected financially, but the lake will return. Personally I avoid the place as Wisconsin has much better places to visit than the Dells. Can I take off my Tommy Bartlett Water Show bumper sticker now?
Tear off your Tommy Bartlett Water Show bumper sticker? Haven't you heard? That thing is worth money now.
News Flash

North Bay, Canada

#30 Jun 11, 2008
Ah Just Borrow one from Minnesota they have ten thousand of them and they come with H20 LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Series of strong earthquakes rattle B.C. and ed... Tue Ted 1
Zachary Mazi, Santa Cruz County Stories: a Ther... Dec 21 Get a job ColbyLOSER 2
Magnitude 3.4 earthquake shakes west Alabama ne... Dec 17 USGS 1
Small earthquake shakes Greene County half a mi... Dec 17 Eutaw AL 1
VIDEO: Hawaii volcano lava prompts evacuation c... Dec 14 hut 3
'Seismic Sunday' Continues With 4.1 Magnitude Q... Dec 14 Ted 1
Alpine fault drilling 'ambitious' Dec 14 Ted 1
More from around the web