Va. scientist finds rising East Coast sea levels

May 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Examiner

For years, computer simulations have predicted that climate change will cause East Coast sea levels to rise at an increasingly rapid rate.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Where's tina?
zeek

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

In another hundred years it could be a total of 11 inches higher oh my we are going to drown!!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

zeek wrote:
In another hundred years it could be a total of 11 inches higher oh my we are going to drown!!!
Nope. Read the article carefully. Here's a piece from it:

Using 1992 as a starting point, Boon projects that the sea level at Norfolk could rise about 2 feet by 2050.

That follows thousands of years in which the sea level went up only about a foot a century.

Boon said that if present trends continue, 2 feet could go up to nearly 6 feet by 2100.

Got it?
zeek

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Read the article carefully. Here's a piece from it:
Using 1992 as a starting point, Boon projects that the sea level at Norfolk could rise about 2 feet by 2050.
That follows thousands of years in which the sea level went up only about a foot a century.
Boon said that if present trends continue, 2 feet could go up to nearly 6 feet by 2100.
Got it?
So that explains why Al Gore=manbearpig still has ocean front mansion
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Where? You must be confused.
field of dreams

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

How green is Al Gore's $9 million Montecito oceanfront villa?

By Wendy Koch, USA TODAY
How inconvenient is this news? Former vice president Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, bought a gated $8,875,000 ocean-view villa in Montecito, Calif., where Oprah Winfrey also owns a mansion, the Los Angeles Times reports
field of dreams

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
Where? You must be confused.
Your liberal lies will always be exposed, I guess youll post some lie to refute the truth, but you must understand your lieing kind stick out like a sore thumb but come back with something good first go to the feds who pay you to post lies for your leader
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

field of dreams wrote:
<quoted text>
Your liberal lies will always be exposed, I guess youll post some lie to refute the truth, but you must understand your lieing kind stick out like a sore thumb but come back with something good first go to the feds who pay you to post lies for your leader
Huh?

You are still confused. You already lied that VA was CA.

Other than you being green with envy, your post sucks!
field of dreams

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
You really are from space arent you
field of dreams

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
show the whole post on what you just claimed blmfgtpsy
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

"field of dreams" is no field of study, tina.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

zeek wrote:
No, but the people on the coast will. It will be a long, slow process, so people will have a chance to move away. Your comment makes me want to say that you only care about your future, not your children's. People are not willing to kick the financial can down the road because of our children, but they are very willing to kick the climate change can down the road for them to deal with. So they will have a good financial situation, but they won't have any water or food to eat because of drought and all the coastal cities will be under water.
zeek

Bassett, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but the people on the coast will. It will be a long, slow process, so people will have a chance to move away. Your comment makes me want to say that you only care about your future, not your children's. People are not willing to kick the financial can down the road because of our children, but they are very willing to kick the climate change can down the road for them to deal with. So they will have a good financial situation, but they won't have any water or food to eat because of drought and all the coastal cities will be under water.
No what im saying is all this global bs is a carbon tax fraud
George S

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Read the article carefully. Here's a piece from it:
Got it?
True, however, politivans told us twenty years ago that we'd all be under water by 2010, and we're not. A vast difference between science and sleazy vote-getting.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

George S wrote:
<quoted text>
.. however, politivans told us twenty years ago that we'd all be under water by 2010, and we're not..
Are you sure?

Where's the evidence?
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have ANY PROOF that mankind is the cause of the "rising sea levels"? I thought not. Where was mankind during the last ice age? Did we cause the global warming then?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

real central va Marine wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have ANY PROOF that mankind is the cause of the "rising sea levels"? I thought not. Where was mankind during the last ice age? Did we cause the global warming then?
A variety of different measurements find steadily rising sea levels over the past century.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/sea-level-ris...
real central va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
A variety of different measurements find steadily rising sea levels over the past century.
http://www.skepticalscience.com/sea-level-ris...
Again, is there any PROOF that we caused it? NO there is not. Who caused the end of the ice age? Not us.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

<quoted text>Again, is there any PROOF that we caused it? NO there is not. Who caused the end of the ice age? Not us.
What? You need to learn science.

When the Earth comes out of an ice age, the warming is not initiated by CO2 but by changes in the Earth’s orbit. The warming causes the oceans to give up CO2. The CO2 amplifies the warming and mixes through the atmosphere, spreading warming throughout the planet. So CO2 causes warming AND rising temperature causes CO2 rise.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temp...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

<quoted text>Again, is there any PROOF that we caused it?..
Climate reacts to whatever forces it to change at the time; humans are now the dominant forcing.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-chang...

Can you read the answers?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••