Earthquake surprises Utah

Earthquake surprises Utah

There are 1 comment on the Examiner.com story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Earthquake surprises Utah. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Several dozen residents of Cedar City , Utah reported feeling a mild earthquake Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Deborah Moen

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Feb 8, 2013
In Fiftown sub-division, I felt 4 earthquakes. The first one in the early afternoon afer lunch shook the house from the west wall and rattled and shook the house towards the east wall. It was very easy to follow the path of shaking. It was not all at once. It was significant. There was a comparable earthquake after the first shock within the hour. My family and I also experienced a stronger earthquake around 8pm. This travled from west to east and was easy to follow. Before 9pm there was a smaller shock kind of a rolling feeling. I oved here from southern California in 2006. I hae felt a number ofearthuakes here in those 4 years I have been here. Some are swarmslike ths one and som are individually felt with months apart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation's capital is sinking into the ocean Mon Le Jimbo 56
News It's the end of the world as we know it, and no... Sun Edithbunker 1
News What's The Matter Under Kansas? A Look at the r... Aug 2 modeadbaconpig 2
News Quiet Fight to Free American in China Jail (Nov '09) Jul 30 Poor farts 56
News Global warming: Washington DC sinking fast Jul 30 zwp4331 1
News 2 injection wells shut down after Oklahoma quakes Jul 28 SpaceBlues 1
News 4.0 quake hits Hayward Fault quake but causes n... Jul 23 Sam 1
More from around the web