1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe
Ben

Brookline, MA

#23 Mar 15, 2013
I too have this and I am very proud of it! I just now learned about it. I am 22. Anyone want to make a LinkedIn group???
Naomie

Garden City, MI

#24 Apr 4, 2013
I'm in the same boat man I've got attatched and detatched earlobe.I've recently started to realize what a rare thing this seems to be.
Cat

Sterling Heights, MI

#25 May 12, 2013
I don't remember when I first learned I had both, but I thought it was cool. Sure enough, in 9th grade science we were filling out dominant/recessive charts and I asked about marking both; of course my teacher and classmates didn't believe me at first until I showed them. My teacher didn't know what caused it to happen, but guessed it might have been a unique mutation. Most days I totally forget I even have both - I don't really notice it at all. My ears aren't pierced either, and I don't want them pierced :)
Terri

Macon, GA

#26 Jun 28, 2013
I have this too ��&# 55357;� I like it. Its def different. I prefer my free lobe over the attached, however. ��
Elaine Ireland

UK

#27 Jul 14, 2013
I have right attached, left unattached. Really confused the Biology teacher in genetics class - in fact she decided to ignore me completely :( Maybe we should have an 'ear ear' meeting preferably somewhere exotic.
Taylor

Arvada, CO

#28 Nov 5, 2013
I have one too!! Left attached - right unattached! No one notices unless I tell them.
Amanda

Brecksville, OH

#29 Dec 29, 2013
Wow there is an army of us I sort of felt left out until I found out that my cousin has the same ear lobe.. Whatever and I felt sort of normal.
Christian

Moultrie, GA

#30 Jan 21, 2014
I have this too!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud, because who wants to b normal like every one else. This was a problem for me when I got my ears pierced though. But I'm still happy though!!!!!!!!!!
Guy

Williamsburg, IA

#31 Feb 18, 2014
Im the same! right unattached and left attached.
Andeepp

United States

#32 Jul 2, 2014
i also have it. My right earlobe is unattached and left one is attached. But at the same time my head is not in a normal structure. It seems like my head is combined into two heads. That is my right side of head is having different kind of ears, eyes, brows, mouths, chin etc as from the left side of my face. Its complitely different. You wont feel assymmetrical at the first time, but when you compare both sides you can find it. It seems like editing of two man's face into one. Not only my face, the whole side of my head is also very much assymmetrical. Because of this im feeling a lot of problems.
karen

London, UK

#33 Jul 14, 2014
My mum has this, so do I and now my son. He's is quite noticeable just hope it blends in more as he gets older
Laura

Northampton, UK

#34 Jul 23, 2014
I have this too. I'd never noticed until we were filling out forms in biology, and I couldn't answer the yes or no question. I asked my teacher, and she first said I was lying because it wasn't possible, and then told me I was a freak! Not a great teacher, but i've always thought it was kind of fun.
Andeepp

Ashburn, VA

#35 Oct 27, 2014
Laura wrote:
I have this too. I'd never noticed until we were filling out forms in biology, and I couldn't answer the yes or no question. I asked my teacher, and she first said I was lying because it wasn't possible, and then told me I was a freak! Not a great teacher, but i've always thought it was kind of fun.
can i get your facebook id,?
Anonymous

San Luis Obispo, CA

#36 Dec 14, 2014
Oleg wrote:
Sweet! So there is an army of us! I've always been proud of my ears too. Left unattached and right attached. Anybody know if there is a name for this mutation or whatever it is?
In Bulgaria - They rounded up the "Multi-ors" (That's what your people are called) and sent them to work camps and government research facilities.

This was during the Communist era, but they whipped out literal village-fulls of your kind.

I heard a similar thing happened in Whales- Where they rounded up a big group of you guys and started doing tests on them.
Jessica-Lee_D

Lane Cove, Australia

#37 Jan 3, 2015
I have this as well and recently I in science and my class was learning about genes and we discussed the tongue curl thing and the ear thing and I showed my science teacher my ears and he said it was impossible and pretty much ignored me the rest of the lesson haha :p i also showed my maths teacher and she was slightly confused but she thought it was cool

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#38 Jan 3, 2015
Talking of the shape of ears, which I have recently taken an interest in the subject. The shape of the ear is quite unique to an individual, and can be used as a identification tool.
http://www.wired.com/2010/11/ears-biometric-i...
jesse flores los angeles

South El Monte, CA

#39 May 3, 2015
This is awesome !! I also have two different ear lobes and a crooked smile and different feet, when I was younger I was ashamed but as I grew older I was more proud on being unique! Seeing Everyone's comments has me even more proud!

That scholarship idea would be nice too hahaha
Adamcoo

Wigan, UK

#40 Jun 26, 2015
Well I was born with 1 attached and 1 deattached with another earlobe behind that. So basicly I was born with 3 earlobea. Is there anybody else here like me?
Vera

Brooklyn, NY

#41 Nov 3, 2015
You're a Chimera, I'm one too!
Kennedi Wooden

Moorhead, MS

#42 Nov 19, 2015
thermal wrote:
Hi,
I have one attached and one unattached earlobe. I always was a little bit proud of it because I have never heard of anyone with this feature. A long time ago a friend said he told his geneticist friend about it and she didn't believe him saying it was impossible.
I never bothered investigating it but recently my interest has been piked.
What does it mean? Am I some future evolution of human and likely to develop super powers momentarily?
If anyone doesn't believe me or wants to see I can provide photos.
Dude I have those too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) Jul 4 jsssnnnnn 46
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
Chromosome 4 inversion May '16 Howdie 1
News Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environ... (Jun '08) Apr '16 Belles Echoes 252
Why Nepalese Mongoloid doesn't like Indian people. (Jun '13) Mar '16 dristi tamang 122
Trihybrid Cross/Forked-Line Method (Jan '08) Feb '16 Lian 9
3 Earlobes (Jan '16) Jan '16 Adamcoo 1
More from around the web