First Prev
of 2
Next Last
thermal

Kakegawa, Japan

#1 Dec 9, 2007
Hi,

I have one attached and one unattached earlobe. I always was a little bit proud of it because I have never heard of anyone with this feature. A long time ago a friend said he told his geneticist friend about it and she didn't believe him saying it was impossible.

I never bothered investigating it but recently my interest has been piked.

What does it mean? Am I some future evolution of human and likely to develop super powers momentarily?

If anyone doesn't believe me or wants to see I can provide photos.
Jackie

Mount Pleasant, MI

#2 Dec 10, 2007
I have that too
and people think i'm weird

“BasicGenetics”

Since: Dec 07

Seattle

#3 Dec 11, 2007
Haha no, and i believe you, i recently learned about this in class and when you were being made in the womb your body either INSERTED or DELETED or SUBSITUTED(based of delted and etc) and got a cell wrong it is only a gene mutation and perfectly normal in a sense. your body just didnt proof read that particular gene in basic terms.
Lindsay

Carrollton, GA

#5 Oct 6, 2008
I also have this. I've never seen anyone else with it. I'm proud of my unique earlobes. Another thing about it is that I've never gotten my ears pierced (age 18) and do not plan to. I like my attached one better. You?
mwwolf

Ventnor City, NJ

#6 Oct 8, 2008
thermal wrote:
Hi,
I have one attached and one unattached earlobe. I always was a little bit proud of it because I have never heard of anyone with this feature. A long time ago a friend said he told his geneticist friend about it and she didn't believe him saying it was impossible.
I never bothered investigating it but recently my interest has been piked.
What does it mean? Am I some future evolution of human and likely to develop super powers momentarily?
If anyone doesn't believe me or wants to see I can provide photos.
Nah, chances are it was caused by your mother's diet. You see things can get built wrong with certain vitamin deficiencies. We now realize things like this scientifically.

Check this out!
http://www.the-human-genetics.com/index.html
rachael england

Makawao, HI

#7 Dec 2, 2008
i too have this! though i personally hate it and wish to have a cosmetic procedure to correct it. its not that i find my unattached lobe ugly but as i have pierced ears i find that an earring does not hang properly from this lobe.
nice to know i wasnt the only one though
X
rachael england

Makawao, HI

#8 Dec 2, 2008
i too have this! though i personally hate it and wish to have it corrected! its nice to know i wasnt the only one though! power in numbers, x
cbe

United States

#9 Jun 27, 2009
I HAVE BOTH TOO!!!! i think there should be a scholarship offered for it!!
i think it's awesome. i like my unattached one better.
i wonder if it's more common in males or females or if it doesn't matter. i'm a girl.
nice to see there is an elite group of people with both types of earlobes! represent!:D
Bryce M

Kent, WA

#10 Nov 26, 2009
I first noticed this when I thought I was adopted, I started naming traits that the rest of my family didnt have, like Cleft chin, Hazel eyes, extremely curly hair, and then I my mom asked about my earlobes and we then found out that I had 2 different. Everyone finds it weird, but as you all are, im proud of it. I also was born with dimples in them, which makes it look like I had them pierced when I never have
Dragonite

Istanbul, Turkey

#12 Jun 23, 2010
I too have that. its no big deal there is no reason you should be proud of yourself or think they look assymetric sure it feels weird but come on i prefer having some superpowers instead :p
sammy_girl

Toowoomba, Australia

#13 Sep 2, 2010
Lol i also have this i was told by my highschool teacher its genetically impossible but read somewhere that is a genetic disorder also i am also proud of it and again everyone thinks its weird but hey no one really notices until you tell them :)
Salsa

Flint, MI

#14 Jan 11, 2011
I also have this phenomena. Remember I actually realized it in 9th grade Biology class when studying dominant, recessive genes and the teacher had us look at ourselves to see if we could roll up our tongue, if we had mid digit hair, etc.

I remember being very confused as I had an attached and a free lobe!
Brianna

United States

#15 Apr 29, 2011
I have it too! I was really freaked out at first, but now i think its kinda cool! haha but i do get laughed at about it!(: haha
Chlo

Frankston, Australia

#16 Aug 3, 2011
I have one attached and one unattached ^^
I'm proud too :D
My friends think im weird though.
Mike

Avenel, NJ

#17 Oct 31, 2011
I gotts it to. We are the future we are unique. I kinda hate it cuz I'm a guy wit short hair . But u know be proud of who u are
DesertMama

Palm Springs, CA

#18 Jan 1, 2012
My son has this too, he is also Autistic and he thinks he's an alien. LOL!
The attached earlobes are very prominent on my Dad's side of the family. I don't have it and my Sister doesn't have it, but my Dad and his Brother both had it.
Nick

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Feb 10, 2012
I also have the same. left is un attached and right is attached. i starting stretching my ears or as some call "gauging" to make it less noticable. i now am trying to get my ears sewn back up. Cool ear life.
Chenier

Charlotte, NC

#20 Apr 6, 2012
Omg i' m the same way! The way i find out was hilarious. I was in 7th grade and we were learning about domniant and recessive traits. It was like this chart where we had to figure out if the cells in our body were more dominant, or recessive. Anway, when we got to earlobes i asked my teacher if we could choose more than one.and he was like "well...can you have to diffrent ears?" Im like...uhhh i do. And we're going back and forth gosh it was hilarious. Hetold me to come to his desk so he could see. And sure enough, i had both...he was all irratated talking about some " i'm going on wikipedia because thats not possible." It was classic. I later asked my high sclhool biology teacher about it in high school. She was studying to be a nuerolgist as well as a genticsis and even she didnt know how it happend!
Kat

Richmond, VA

#21 May 21, 2012
I also have one (right) unattached and one (left) attached. Never really noticed it until Bio in school. No one else seems to notice it unless I point it out so I have no reason to change it. Glad to be in such good company!
Oleg

Sacramento, CA

#22 Nov 2, 2012
Sweet! So there is an army of us! I've always been proud of my ears too. Left unattached and right attached. Anybody know if there is a name for this mutation or whatever it is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dominant autosomal vs dominant X-linked 2 hr karmin 1
Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) Sep 9 CH4WORM100YENDEBD... 42
Do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) Aug 20 hindustani 42
Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislatu... (May '08) Aug 19 pusherman_ 52,887
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul '14 husayn 178
Nepalese Mongoloid! Go back to EAST ASIA. (Nov '13) Jul '14 gudboy 9
Why white men get testicular cancer more than b... (Oct '13) Jul '14 Break Time 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Genetics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••