Scientists Narrow in on Genetic Cause...

Scientists Narrow in on Genetic Cause of Obesity

There are 9 comments on the ABC News story from Apr 13, 2006, titled Scientists Narrow in on Genetic Cause of Obesity. In it, ABC News reports that:

It's no secret that a combination of greasy fast food and couch potatolike behavior has contributed to America's obesity epidemic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

cktirumalai

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 13, 2006
It was once thought that our lives were influenced by the stars. Even today a lot of people turn to the astrology section of the paper, probably as much out of curiosity as out of belief. Quite obviously the genes are within us and their influence can be profound, but I agree with one of the experts quoted that we should not let the genetic theory of obesity keep us from taking whatever constructive action we can.
Lance Winslow

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Apr 13, 2006
Bio-Fat Zapper is here?
Just Thinking

Farmington, MI

#3 Apr 13, 2006
I keep telling my wife that it's not the beer and pizza and now I have the proof!
cktirumalai

Washington, DC

#4 Apr 14, 2006
To Just Thinking in Michigan: Is your wife persusaded?
Just Thinking

Farmington, MI

#5 Apr 18, 2006
cktirumalai wrote:
To Just Thinking in Michigan: Is your wife persusaded?
Nah, see thinks she's smarter than me and I think she's right.
cktirumalai

Washington, DC

#6 Apr 19, 2006
Just Thinking: Good sense of humor--and a charitable one.
unbeatablpab

Aliso Viejo, CA

#7 Aug 29, 2006
The pizza is ok, but beer is no good. ,y dad had the same problem. He jogs 2-3 mles a day, but a while back he used to drink a lot of beer and got a bit of a beer belly and it never will go away, no matter how much he excercises. Food fat is removable through steady excercise, but not beer bellies. As for me, im 16 and have vowed to never drink or smoke so i dont have to end up like all the other poor suckers in the world that have ruined their lives and appearance by giving in to tempation and peer pressure (or were just dumb enough to start because they wanted to)
Fatty

Höst, Germany

#8 Feb 1, 2012
Even today a lot of people turn to the astrology section of the paper, probably as much out of curiosity as out of belief. Quite obviously the genes are within us and their influence can be profound, but I agree with one of the experts quoted that we should not let the genetic theory of obesity keep us from taking whatever constructive action we can.

The Gloop

Since: Sep 08

#9 Feb 1, 2012
Gloop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe (Dec '07) Jul '17 Chimera 55
News 'Everyone is African': Geneticist, professor ta... (Oct '16) Jun '17 None 25
Confused about Nutritional Mutants Jun '17 eighsse 2
South Slavs are indeed slavic May '17 Anonymous 1
Questions about SNPS (single nucleotide polymor... May '17 Anonymous 1
Developed an earlobe? May '17 RyuuBeary 1
Chromosome 10 inversion (Apr '06) May '17 Redox 19
More from around the web