Scientists Narrow in on Genetic Cause of Obesity

Full story: ABC News

It's no secret that a combination of greasy fast food and couch potatolike behavior has contributed to America's obesity epidemic.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2012
cktirumalai

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

It was once thought that our lives were influenced by the stars. Even today a lot of people turn to the astrology section of the paper, probably as much out of curiosity as out of belief. Quite obviously the genes are within us and their influence can be profound, but I agree with one of the experts quoted that we should not let the genetic theory of obesity keep us from taking whatever constructive action we can.
Lance Winslow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

Bio-Fat Zapper is here?
Just Thinking

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

I keep telling my wife that it's not the beer and pizza and now I have the proof!
cktirumalai

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2006

To Just Thinking in Michigan: Is your wife persusaded?
Just Thinking

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2006

cktirumalai wrote:
To Just Thinking in Michigan: Is your wife persusaded?
Nah, see thinks she's smarter than me and I think she's right.
cktirumalai

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2006

Just Thinking: Good sense of humor--and a charitable one.
unbeatablpab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2006

The pizza is ok, but beer is no good. ,y dad had the same problem. He jogs 2-3 mles a day, but a while back he used to drink a lot of beer and got a bit of a beer belly and it never will go away, no matter how much he excercises. Food fat is removable through steady excercise, but not beer bellies. As for me, im 16 and have vowed to never drink or smoke so i dont have to end up like all the other poor suckers in the world that have ruined their lives and appearance by giving in to tempation and peer pressure (or were just dumb enough to start because they wanted to)
Fatty

Höst, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Even today a lot of people turn to the astrology section of the paper, probably as much out of curiosity as out of belief. Quite obviously the genes are within us and their influence can be profound, but I agree with one of the experts quoted that we should not let the genetic theory of obesity keep us from taking whatever constructive action we can.

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Gloop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Genetics Discussions

Search the Genetics Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe (Dec '07) Wed Laura 32
Do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) Jul 21 nepali boy 36
Nepalese Mongoloid! Go back to EAST ASIA. (Nov '13) Jul 15 gudboy 9
Why white men get testicular cancer more than b... (Oct '13) Jul 15 Break Time 7
Whites genetically weaker than blacks (Oct '11) Jul 15 Mslayer 2
Why Nepalese Mongoloid doesn't like Indian people. (Jun '13) Jul 14 Me Myself and I 84
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
•••
•••