Genetics May Boost Mexican-Americans'...

Genetics May Boost Mexican-Americans' Risk for Alcoholism

There are 4 comments on the KVIA-TV El Paso story from Dec 13, 2007, titled Genetics May Boost Mexican-Americans' Risk for Alcoholism. In it, KVIA-TV El Paso reports that:

“Whether H6 changes enzyme activity or alcohol-induced enzyme activity needs to be examined”

Mexican-Americans carrying what's known as a haplotype of a particular gene may be at increased risk of alcoholism, a new study finds. via KVIA-TV El Paso

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVIA-TV El Paso.

cliff c kirtley

Hialeah, FL

#1 Dec 14, 2007
there is no such thing as alcoholism that is a word as god and religion , a work the wize use to make money on the poor, drinkers drink because they like to drink and the way it makes them feel no such thing as craving for a drink they if crave for anything is the buz of the drink, and most burn out in there middle thirtys most are into the me me me crap of life it is all about them, to nurse them is to embalm them, same as the meds drs make on the people, i myself am a pot smoker ,i drank untill i was 35 ,jails living on the streets the whole bit we just burn out, i dont need glasses , i have sex like a young man i eat like a horse, and will be 69 in july 08 , what is being done to people is a crime, but no one cares to much money made on lies, , been there done that, , the american gov has made the kids dumber than there parents and there parents , look at what is taught in school ,the media wont even have evolution on tv, if asked can you disprove there is not a god, simply reply you can not disprove what has never been proven, i am out of this world soon glad i was not educated and born with common sense, when was the last time you heard in school ,stop look and listen, them three words can make a nice life, untill religion and the cults of the 12 step programs are brought to a end, it will never get no better, just sharing no one cares if money not involved, and truth dont make money,
sunny

Arlington, VA

#2 Dec 14, 2007
eat my cockadoodledoo
John

Coldwater, MI

#3 Dec 17, 2007
cliff c kirtley wrote:
there is no such thing as alcoholism that is a word as god and religion , a work the wize use to make money on the poor, drinkers drink because they like to drink and the way it makes them feel no such thing as craving for a drink they if crave for anything is the buz of the drink, and most burn out in there middle thirtys most are into the me me me crap of life it is all about them, to nurse them is to embalm them, same as the meds drs make on the people, i myself am a pot smoker ,i drank untill i was 35 ,jails living on the streets the whole bit we just burn out, i dont need glasses , i have sex like a young man i eat like a horse, and will be 69 in july 08 , what is being done to people is a crime, but no one cares to much money made on lies,, been there done that,, the american gov has made the kids dumber than there parents and there parents , look at what is taught in school ,the media wont even have evolution on tv, if asked can you disprove there is not a god, simply reply you can not disprove what has never been proven, i am out of this world soon glad i was not educated and born with common sense, when was the last time you heard in school ,stop look and listen, them three words can make a nice life, untill religion and the cults of the 12 step programs are brought to a end, it will never get no better, just sharing no one cares if money not involved, and truth dont make money,
Burnt out is right dude! No brains cells left......
zlhlisds

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Feb 1, 2012
ed. I mean seriously, who is going to listen anymore? How many investors besides myself have lost their life savings since 23 years ago?
The numbers must be staggering. Yet nstk continues to exist, management still gets paid and they all get to collect their monthly selling options.
And we're supposed to worry about terrorists?
The little guy, the investor, the make up of America, are always the victims. I served my country, went to Viet Nam, survived, to come back to another world of daily survival. Trying to make a living, paying Taxes, trying to raise children, and face the daily barrage of fire from all ends, just to surviveed. I mean seriously, who is going to listen anymore? How many investors besides myself have lost their life savings since 23 years ago?
The numbers must be staggering. Yet nstk continues to exist, management still gets paid and they all get to collect their monthly selling options.
And we're supposed to worry about terrorists?
The little guy, the investor, the make up of America, are always the victims. I served my country, went to Viet Nam, survived, to come back to another world of daily survival. Trying to make a living, paying Taxes, trying to raise children, and face the daily barrage of fire from all ends, just to survive. This is my opinion and personal frustration, and more than likely this will never be poston the tracks after being derailed. I mean seriously, who is going to listen anymore? How many investors besides myself have lost their life savings since 23 years ago?
The numbers must be staggering. Yet nstk continues to exist, mao?
The numbers must be staggering. Yet nstk continues to exist, ma

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can we observe epigenetic effects on human brai... 18 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Facial Features and Genes: Study Taps New Conne... 18 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Mechanism identified through which lead may har... 18 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Why Nepalese Mongoloid doesn't like Indian people. (Jun '13) Aug 16 anya 123
Toxin gene removal Jul 30 GenXgenX 1
1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe (Dec '07) Jul '16 aubrey 44
News Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) Jul '16 jsssnnnnn 46
More from around the web