Newly discovered gene variants lead t...

Newly discovered gene variants lead to autism and mental retardation

There are 10 comments on the PhysOrg Weblog story from May 25, 2010, titled Newly discovered gene variants lead to autism and mental retardation. In it, PhysOrg Weblog reports that:

Researchers working with Professor Gudrun Rappold, Director of the Department of Molecular Human Genetics at Heidelberg University Hospital, have discovered previously unknown mutations in autistic and mentally impaired patients in what is known as the SHANK2 gene, a gene that is partially responsible for linking nerve cells.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PhysOrg Weblog.

NObamarama

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1 May 25, 2010
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybon e, read it pal. More evidence for genetics. Oh how you hate science.
Blunt Mocker

Durrington, UK

#2 Aug 7, 2010
have alook at this -

http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm#Aspie-qu...

the religious freaks won't like it, and the Afrocentrics are unsure about it, but all of us , except negros, have Neanderthal genes. Why this upsets people I don't know, but if you mention the world is older than 6000 years , they start bashing those bibles.
raymond

Montréal, Canada

#3 Aug 7, 2010
NObamarama wrote:
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybon e, read it pal. More evidence for genetics. Oh how you hate science.
Hey doggy, I read it.

The study is a not indicating to which subtype of autism does this study apply?

Is it Aspergers or regressive autism, PDD! Which one is it?

Also, the article is not mentioning the rate shank2 mutation within autism. But know this that is not more than 15% of the cases, this is very well known.

So there you go, I am not going to be barking about it.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Apr 21, 2011
An attempt to say something, but fails to. They don't know any more about the genetics than vac producers know about the immune system. They are not omnipotent, and do not come more than light years from being omniscience.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2011
Here's another good article
A W was right

Canada

#6 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Here's another good article
Translation: ITS POOP.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 5, 2011
Andrew Wakefield AKA A W was right was wrong. And as expected, Winnipeg deems the article what? Funny.

Human Genetics. Nuff said.
A W was right

Canada

#8 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Andrew Wakefield AKA A W was right was wrong. And as expected, Winnipeg deems the article what? Funny.
Human Genetics. Nuff said.
DUH, nuff said.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 5, 2011
Human Genetics.
VACCINES-AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Human Genetics.
Meaning zero as usual

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How pollen could be the next big thing in foren... 12 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Can Crispr-Cas9 Boost Intelligence? 18 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Different Tree Species Use the Same Genes to Ad... Fri Stephany McDowell 1
News Common cancers share familial susceptibility: i... Fri Stephany McDowell 1
News Mediterranean Diet Can Lower Risk for Alzheimer... Fri Stephany McDowell 1
News Smoking may affect DNA for more than 30 years Sep 21 Stephany McDowell 1
News HowStuffWorks NOW: Yeah, Right: North Korea Ban... Sep 21 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web