Newly discovered gene variants lead to autism and mental retardation

May 25, 2010 Full story: PhysOrg Weblog 10

Researchers working with Professor Gudrun Rappold, Director of the Department of Molecular Human Genetics at Heidelberg University Hospital, have discovered previously unknown mutations in autistic and mentally impaired patients in what is known as the SHANK2 gene, a gene that is partially responsible for linking nerve cells.

Full Story
NObamarama

Long Pond, PA

#1 May 25, 2010
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybon e, read it pal. More evidence for genetics. Oh how you hate science.
Blunt Mocker

Nuneaton, UK

#2 Aug 7, 2010
have alook at this -

http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm#Aspie-qu...

the religious freaks won't like it, and the Afrocentrics are unsure about it, but all of us , except negros, have Neanderthal genes. Why this upsets people I don't know, but if you mention the world is older than 6000 years , they start bashing those bibles.
raymond

Canada

#3 Aug 7, 2010
NObamarama wrote:
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybon e, read it pal. More evidence for genetics. Oh how you hate science.
Hey doggy, I read it.

The study is a not indicating to which subtype of autism does this study apply?

Is it Aspergers or regressive autism, PDD! Which one is it?

Also, the article is not mentioning the rate shank2 mutation within autism. But know this that is not more than 15% of the cases, this is very well known.

So there you go, I am not going to be barking about it.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Apr 21, 2011
An attempt to say something, but fails to. They don't know any more about the genetics than vac producers know about the immune system. They are not omnipotent, and do not come more than light years from being omniscience.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2011
Here's another good article
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Here's another good article
Translation: ITS POOP.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 5, 2011
Andrew Wakefield AKA A W was right was wrong. And as expected, Winnipeg deems the article what? Funny.

Human Genetics. Nuff said.
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Andrew Wakefield AKA A W was right was wrong. And as expected, Winnipeg deems the article what? Funny.
Human Genetics. Nuff said.
DUH, nuff said.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 5, 2011
Human Genetics.
VACCINES-AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
Human Genetics.
Meaning zero as usual

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetics courses in india (Feb '07) Dec 14 rinku 108
1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe (Dec '07) Dec 14 calpolyfan 34
Why Nepalese Mongoloid doesn't like Indian people. (Jun '13) Dec 3 tasi urgen tamang 88
Are we slaves to our gene's? Nov 25 Liquid 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Nov '14 sham 183
Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) Sep '14 SHlTWORMEXIMNAUDE... 44
Haplogroup F-M89 Sep '14 neoa121 1
More from around the web