Greek DNA and Arnaiz-Villena's Pseudoscience

Mar 5, 2011 | Posted by: macedonian1 | Full story: www.macedoniahellenicland.eu

In 2001, Arnaiz-Villena and coworkers published a series of scientific articles, where, among other claims, he concluded that the Hellenic (Greek) population stems from sub-Saharan Africa. These authors have used a questionable experimental approach with too few genetic markers from the DRB1 HLA gene, to show that the Hellenic population, rather than belonging to the "older" Mediterranean populations, are genetically closer to sub-Saharan populations, namely Ethiopian and western Africans. These authors interpreted their findings by claiming that some sub-Saharan populations had migrated to Greece during antiquity, but not to Crete. Unfortunately, the study conducted by Arnaiz-Villena and his coworkers from FYROM has a number of serious flaws.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 44 of44
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CANADEZOS

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

Judged:

jany macedonian wrote:
<quoted text>
Im asking you:
what kind of people are you,bloody greeky greedy fasistic orentated embrions,you ARE not shamed to be against the whole world that you are not european race!that you steal others land and living on,eating on,taking taxsation on,and above that you iggnorate the all arroud you with intentions to steal more and more culture and other treasures of Macedonians!What kind of people are you ,who can claim that Macedonians are greeks,that the Macedonian land is greeks one!thats is posible only with people which are living under the animal insticts!!!thats is the main caracteristic of the Afrocanibal tribes traditions OF ELADAS!!!You are not even close to the others Mediteranian nations which belongs to the European rases such us italian,franch,spain ext.YOU ARE BABUNS FROM CHAD,WHO ARE READY TO FIGHT FOR A BANANAS.At least ,one month ago your roots countries has officialy recognised the Republic of Macedonia with their Macedonian identity.For couple of years the Macedonian lions will ruled with his power,again.
What kind of people are you ,who can claim that Macedonians are greeks,that the Macedonian land is greeks one!thats is posible only with people which are living under the animal insticts====>>>> >>>>>>> >>
SHAMELESS ILLITERATE YUGOSLAVIAN COMMUNIST PROSTITUTE!HOW DARE YOU DENYING MACEDONIAS GREEKNES!WHEN IN FACT EVERYTHING MACEDONIAN IS IN GREEK ONLY AND NOTHING MACEDONIAN IS IN SLAVIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
FYRoM creates idiots

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

pasa wrote:
nothing to suprise, greeks were african origin.during greek liberty war ottoman egyptian army inserted african genes on their grandmothers.
Surprise, surprise - another turk who can't read...
Jeff

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

pasa wrote:
nothing to suprise, greeks were african origin.during greek liberty war ottoman egyptian army inserted african genes on their grandmothers.
A Turk claiming Greeks had 'african' origins. LOL! You are beyond stupid. There are no 'African' genes in Greeks, dumbass, but you can get that if Greeks are 'African' then so are most of you other dumbos from the Balkan and Anatolian regions given you genetically share similar dna markers, jackass of the sea.
Arrostos

Munich, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

People who find this research insulting are racist barbarian nazis who haven't understood that in the year 2012 there is nothing pejorative about being black.

I'm Greek and I'm also a scientist, so I unfortunately know that the paper in question and the work behind it are just politically motivated fiction and have no scientific merit whatsoever. I say "unfortunately" because, had the claims of the paper been true, they'd actually make me feel very proud. Those claims would simply prove that the modern Greeks are the pure 100% blood-descendants of the great Greeks of the Classical era, who (according to the paper) were in turn the descendants of some African populations (not specified whom). I mean it's like someones tells me "you're the direct descendant of Aristotle and Plato, but Aristotle and Plato are the direct descendants of some black people" and me getting angry about it because the word "black" is in there. I hope I'm making a point here...

For those who don't know, all mankind descended from Africa and specifically from the San Bushmen tribe whom Arnaiz-Villena finds to be genetically close to the Greeks (and the Japanese!!!). What difference does it make in your life whether you have an African ancestor 10,000 or 20,000 or 30,000 years in the past? We all had black African ancestors 30,000 in the past! And you know what? There's nothing wrong about it!

Therefore the claims of this paper would in fact be really flattering to Greek people (those who for some reason care about genetic ancestry) rather than the opposite. It would show that modern Greeks are the direct, unmixed, genetic descendants of Plato, Pericles, Leonidas, Aristotle, Alexander the Great, etc, who were in turn descended from the great ancient Egyptian civilisation and the San Bushmen tribes of Africa, the oldest people on the planet!

So as I said above, too bad it's all SciFi...:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 44 of44
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Genetics Discussions

Search the Genetics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Do Nepalese hate Indians? (Aug '13) Jul 5 Bikesh 30
1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe (Dec '07) Jul 2 Andeepp 30
Disability genes to be probed by Welsh scientists Jun 22 view 2
Why Nepalese Mongoloid doesn't like Indian people. (Jun '13) Jun 13 Indian 83
Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) May '14 Ainu 34
alpha-thalassemia May '14 vincent 1
•••
•••