Want to sleep with your cousin? Here...

Want to sleep with your cousin? Here's some good news

There are 198 comments on the www.news.com.au story from Jun 3, 2008, titled Want to sleep with your cousin? Here's some good news. In it, www.news.com.au reports that:

scientists are challenging the myth that inbreeding always leads to unhealthy babies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news.com.au.

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#149 Aug 23, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
There's nothing wrong with marrying and having sex with a cousin. President Roosevelt did it. So did Charles Darwin and Albert Einstein.
yeah, so everybody should disregard the Constitution of the nation, become an atheist when bitterly disappointed at the death of their child, and buil;d themselves an atom bomb. If everybody else is doing it, it's probably a wonderful idea.
workbuddy

Oakdale, TN

#150 Aug 23, 2009
How Sick
scooterman

Melbourne, Australia

#151 Aug 24, 2009
Anyone who believes that marrying your cousin is fine should read up about the Spanish Habsburgs on Wikipedia and look at some of the pictures of the monarchs. Very scary.
runforrest

Milwaukee, WI

#152 Aug 24, 2009
That,s some sick a** sh** Satan is on your side do any of you believe in God at all do you love Him and want to please him in every way PLEASE go back and read your bible very carefully and see what it says is going to happen to sinners You should not play with God in that way He gave his only begotten son in order that we can have the chance of everlasting life on a paradise earth. you all should pray and repent and stop hurting Jehovah and Jesus in that way.
RoosterOne

Booneville, KY

#153 Aug 24, 2009
stefiebunni wrote:
wow.That is sick.
Why, Tennessee, according to the rest of the world, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Kentucky are the motherland for screwing family. lol
roberta

Hagerstown, MD

#154 Oct 6, 2009
you guys are all sick
sleeping cousins

Fort Collins, CO

#155 Nov 15, 2009
Good question. Good discussion. More info can be found at http://www.sleepingcousins.com/is-it-wrong-to... .
z nelson

Singapore, Singapore

#157 Nov 18, 2009
wtf

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

#159 Nov 18, 2009
God wrote:
americans are inbreds.
I'm not surprised, it explains their stupidity
and Australia is a nation of criminals... that explains why they have no moral compass.
JOMO

Podgorica, Montenegro

#160 Nov 20, 2009
You all are losers...
Ahziah

Creedmoor, NC

#161 Dec 28, 2009
In my and most people's opinions, having sex with a cousin is just SICK and REPULSIVE.

But other than that, I supose there's nothing wrong with it as long as you don't intend to have kids.

nmweatherman

“l'enfer, c'est les autres”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#162 Dec 28, 2009
All this is old news. It's long been known that incest...even distant incest (between cousins) does NOT lead necessarily to "inbred defectives."

What incest DOES do is increase the chances that recessive genes will pop up. But mental retardation and genetic defects like Down syndrome are FAR more frequent, as are psycholigical conditions like schizophrenia and depression, which are being shown to be possibly genetic.

The ancients practiced incest, especially the Egyptians, and they survived for thousands of years.

Okay, fire up "Dueling Banjos" one more time and carry on.

“Underwater pole vault champion”

Since: Oct 09

Australia

#163 Dec 28, 2009
Ahziah wrote:
In my and most people's opinions, having sex with a cousin is just SICK and REPULSIVE.
But other than that, I supose there's nothing wrong with it as long as you don't intend to have kids.
You nearly turned me off that for a minute!

Australia

#164 Dec 28, 2009
saviorself wrote:
<quoted text>
and Australia is a nation of criminals... that explains why they have no moral compass.
The only criminals are in Government!

Australia

#165 Dec 28, 2009
JOMO wrote:
You all are losers...
Well, listen to a winner, where did you say you lived...?

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#166 Jan 2, 2010
"Can't determine whom you choose to love," Madonna.
sleeping with your cousin

Saint Peters, MO

#167 Jan 2, 2010
not good /or moral on so many reasons !!

“Commentaries”

Location hidden

#168 Jan 2, 2010
What I mean to say is that you can't tell other people who they can care about and who they can't care about. You can tell yourself all day long, though, but it's not your business to tell other people who to love or not to love, ITS YOUR BUSINESS TO TELL YOURSELF WHOM TO LOVE AND WHOM NOT TO LOVE.

Since: Jan 10

Saint Peters, MO

#169 Jan 2, 2010
incest is incest an its against the law !! we have enough mentally people with all the dang aliens why make more ? been that way for thousand of years is even in the bible an corran an the jewish books =incest is strickley forbidden !!
but hey each one to your own =right bobby jean an bubba i live in the woods = not going tohappen here if you want to do ""your "" brother sister or cousin, aunty = go ahead not on me !!

“Commentaries”

Location hidden

#170 Jan 2, 2010
The only legalized sex in the United States, by Law is Married Missionary Sex, according to Statute. So we can talk about laws all day long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
Chromosome 4 inversion May '16 Howdie 1
News Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environ... (Jun '08) Apr '16 Belles Echoes 252
Why Nepalese Mongoloid doesn't like Indian people. (Jun '13) Mar '16 dristi tamang 122
1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe (Dec '07) Feb '16 abbymom23 41
Trihybrid Cross/Forked-Line Method (Jan '08) Feb '16 Lian 9
3 Earlobes Jan '16 Adamcoo 1
More from around the web