Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislature Near You

May 7, 2008 Full story: www.scientificblogging.com 52,885
Religiously motivated strategies to oppose evolution in schools started out with efforts to ban the teaching of evolution. When that approach was struck down by the Supreme Court, Creationists took to arguing that 'Creation Science' was as scientifically legitimate as evolutionary biology, and therefore the two subjects should get equal space in the school curriculum. Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#53605 Apr 4, 2012
hmmmm
Windemere

United States

#53606 Apr 5, 2012
Thinker wrote:
It takes a lot of faith to believe that all of this just happened. Especially since the mathematical probability of a big bang creating all of this is so small. Not only that, while you challenge for reproducible proof that ID is true, how about the same to prove the big bang and creation that just happened. You won't find any that is legitimate because science isn't science unless the hypothesis is made valid by experiment. ID doesn't claim to be scientifically provable. Evolution does but hasn't been.
And yet we see evolution occure every day, even in humans. Check average height in humans from medevil times. Check average shoe size in teenagers over the last 50 years. All the way down to bacteria and viruses we see evolution every day, the only ones who don't see it are the ones who's mind is so clouded with religous dogma that their mind is closed to visible proof of the facts.
Amazing how insecure and fearful we are as a species that we have to create a diety to provide an excuse to live.
Chimney one

United States

#53607 Apr 5, 2012
Windemere wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet we see evolution occure every day, even in humans. Check average height in humans from medevil times. Check average shoe size in teenagers over the last 50 years. All the way down to bacteria and viruses we see evolution every day, the only ones who don't see it are the ones who's mind is so clouded with religous dogma that their mind is closed to visible proof of the facts.
Amazing how insecure and fearful we are as a species that we have to create a diety to provide an excuse to live.
How many Inuits are tall?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#53608 Apr 7, 2012
x
x
x
x
I do not spend much time on this thread lately, but for those of you who do, please note that the moron calling himself "Chimney One" is not me, the person who has always used the moniker "Chimney".

In fact it is the well known troll The Pet Whisperer, who has discovered a new low to sink to.
x
x
x
x

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#53609 Apr 7, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
x
x
x
x
I do not spend much time on this thread lately, but for those of you who do, please note that the moron calling himself "Chimney One" is not me, the person who has always used the moniker "Chimney".
In fact it is the well known troll The Pet Whisperer, who has discovered a new low to sink to.
x
x
x
x
I'm willing to bet the idiot has even lower lows he will sink to.
Chimney one

United States

#53610 Apr 7, 2012
The question was, how many Inuits are tall? You children can change the subject, if you can answer to the subject at hand.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#53611 Apr 8, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet the idiot has even lower lows he will sink to.
Yes, I am waiting for him to declare for Islam.
Chimney one

United States

#53612 Apr 9, 2012
Children have such a hard time speaking to the subject at hand, while they can't resist calling others names. Lol
The Dude

Ellesmere Port, UK

#53613 Apr 9, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am waiting for him to declare for Islam.
Jimbo linked to Harun Yahya yesterday.
Chimney one

United States

#53614 Apr 9, 2012
The Dude

Ellesmere Port, UK

#53615 Apr 9, 2012
Chimney one wrote:
They may not be taller than you, but everyone is taller in stature.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#53616 Jun 21, 2012
Cousin Jethro wrote:
<quoted text>
The brain treats of photons, received through the eyes, incrementally -- and electronically reactions are played out...it could be interesting to mess with darkness and see if the human eye could actually detect one photon...? When they worked with the anachoic chamber at Bell Labs [no-sound chamber, totally quiet] after a few minutes in it, people reported hearing their blood circulating and their heart beating...in your paragraph above, I think photons definitely trigger and perhaps carry consciousness, in the form of modulations...we know that information is passed via electrons otherwise the computer couldn't / wouldn't work, would it -- the questions therefore shuffle between symbols and their interpretations...and some times we are mistaken about both...and their meanings, like the clouds that look like something other than a cloud -- primitives will deduce the cloud is "alive" -- and that investment may in fact grant the cloud some "life"...even if only "subjective" and for a limited period
I read a paper last year about just such an experiment that proved the eye can detect AND react to a single, solitary photon. This...

http://ams.nasa.gov/Documents/AMS%20in%20The%...

is *not* it, but it is very interesting.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#53617 Jun 21, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Revolution.
A return of power from the Gov't to the individual. Our Constitution does not grant us rights it is meant to protect those rights. All laws that restrict the individual's ability to decide for themselves should be abolished and those that put those laws into effect should be abolished as well.
I think I'm in love...with this idea.
whimpsky

Orlando, FL

#53618 Jun 22, 2012
Chimney one wrote:
Compared to a giraffe or a mouse?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#53620 Nov 4, 2012
nothing since June 2012? how sad.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#53621 Nov 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
nothing since June 2012? how sad.
Shhh, don't wake Jim.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#53622 Nov 4, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Shhh, don't wake Jim.
who?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#53623 Nov 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>who?
The carpet whisperer.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#53624 Nov 4, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The carpet whisperer.
It has been months . He has to be long gone by now.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#53625 Nov 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It has been months . He has to be long gone by now.
I doubt it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genetics courses in india (Feb '07) Dec 14 rinku 108
1 attached, 1 unattached earlobe (Dec '07) Dec 14 calpolyfan 34
Why Nepalese Mongoloid doesn't like Indian people. (Jun '13) Dec 3 tasi urgen tamang 88
Are we slaves to our gene's? Nov 25 Liquid 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Nov '14 sham 183
Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) Sep '14 SHlTWORMEXIMNAUDE... 44
Haplogroup F-M89 Sep '14 neoa121 1
More from around the web