The Benefits of Our 100 Million-Year ...

The Benefits of Our 100 Million-Year Relationship With Herpesviruses

There are 28 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Apr 24, 2008, titled The Benefits of Our 100 Million-Year Relationship With Herpesviruses. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

We go back a long way with herpesviruses. Our evolutionary line has been living with these genomic parasites for more than 100 million years.

But do we get anything out of this relationship?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Moonbeam

United States

#23 Apr 25, 2008
Hanazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that Herpes B virus passed sexually like most Herpes viruses? What sicko would have sex or exchange spit with a monkey? I know there are those who long for the good old days of multiple partners and unprotected sex. But have some restraint. I guess some folks are just too perverted then I can imagine. I guess ol Rhesus was just on a long list of unprotected multiple "scores".
It can be put in food, water, aerosol. The best
way to spread it is by mosquito bite. Monkeys
only produce it in very small quantities, but
about 40 monkey handlers have died of Herpes B.
The trick is producing it and finding people
who can deploy it.
Got Real

Phoenix, AZ

#24 Apr 25, 2008
As often as I have had blood tests the lab has never said anything about any type of herpes to me. So why the periodic cold sores? Or is the lab not thorough? The doctor is not forthcoming with information? Because of my parents swinging lifestyle I would not doubt I contracted some type of virus. Thanks Mom and Dad I might be one of those out of 1000 that survive whatever is made to reduce the population because welfare mothers are not sterilized. Gotta keep the population in check somehow.
Spoil Sport

Syracuse, NY

#25 Apr 26, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely concur on the spelling thing. However, I think we can both agree that the original commenter was not referring to an indefinite term of abstinence... just prior to marriage (if I had to guess). Perhaps the original commenter should've been more precise, but - logically speaking - that's no reason to completely discount his/her comment. Lastly, just because one waits to have sex after marriage is not a guarantee that either partner will not acquire an STD from their partner who may not have had the same values prior to marriage (or after).(Which, this last statement shouldn't be construed to mean that I think everyone should have sex prior to marriage because you're probably just going to get an STD anyway.)
All good points, although I think you went on a little too long on the disclaimers.
kelmark

United States

#26 Apr 26, 2008
Spoil Sport wrote:
<quoted text>
All good points, although I think you went on a little too long on the disclaimers.
hey here's a thought spell check. Your sence of humar is at 3 grade level just like my spell'in be. "Hey" here a thought. If spellings the mesure of intellegens them explain me. An try it with out my lack of ability to spell. you do not understand the prosses of thought just the prosses of memerising a sting of words like a trained dog. Sit simlpe one sit. and watch your spelling for god sake if you make a mistake they'll find out how simple you be and then the shows over.
Spoil Sport

Syracuse, NY

#27 Apr 26, 2008
kelmark wrote:
<quoted text>
hey here's a thought spell check. Your sence of humar is at 3 grade level just like my spell'in be. "Hey" here a thought. If spellings the mesure of intellegens them explain me. An try it with out my lack of ability to spell. you do not understand the prosses of thought just the prosses of memerising a sting of words like a trained dog. Sit simlpe one sit. and watch your spelling for god sake if you make a mistake they'll find out how simple you be and then the shows over.
garsh an u thot ah wuz trien 2 b phunney
planet steve gross

Jerseyville, IL

#28 Apr 26, 2008
HINT :if you see herpies at closing time , maybe you should try leaving the bar earlier
Casey

Lund, Sweden

#29 Feb 1, 2012
Perhaps the original commenter should've been more precise, but - logically speaking - that's no reason to completely discount his/her comment. Lastly, just because one waits to have sex after marriage is not a guarantee that either partner will not acquire an STD from their partner who may not have had the same values prior to marriage (or after).
radarman

Ridgefield, CT

#30 Feb 22, 2015
Hanazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Cash you must be pretty old now, I would guess either at least mid 50's or 60's. In my early 20's we were all warned about that mysterious fatal virus/cancer spreading first among gay and drug users and soon thereafter str8 groups. I am in my early 50's now and I wised up in the late 70's or 1980 or so. Either you are old and nearing the close of any sexual activity or you were one of the millions of insensitive stupid promiscuous people who continued wanton lifestyles help spread the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Unsafe anonomous sex has never been socially acceptable or medically safe. It is sad that some still look back on those good old days where their sadly shortsited selfish selfcentered dangerous lifestyle helped promote the killing of millions.
I read your earlier post regarding Jose Jimenez.. you must really hate America, you freaken a hole. There's a problem at our, my southern border. You must not have any children you gay slut bastard. If you did you would care about the future of this great country. Maybe you're an illegal yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genetics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breast cancer researchers look beyond genes to ... 9 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Blinding disease in canines and humans shares c... 9 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Golden Rice still struggling for acceptance in ... 9 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Genetics Behind Response to Parkinson's Drugs 9 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Can we observe epigenetic effects on human brai... Aug 28 Stephany McDowell 1
News Facial Features and Genes: Study Taps New Conne... Aug 28 Stephany McDowell 1
News Mechanism identified through which lead may har... Aug 28 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web