The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#132614 Apr 25, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just wondering if there are so many of them here that are under watch that they can't keep a close enough eye on them all. I'd rather believe that our Government simply missed a beat on this one.
I would prefer to believe that also but this seems to be a huge miss. As we are learning the FBI and CIA were contacted regarding Tamerlan, he definitely should have popped up after the bombings. He was investigated and interviewed and they apparently knew he returned to Russia for several months.

I am hopeful this incident will change their future monitoring practices.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#132615 Apr 25, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to get blamed for this post you know.
Do you think NTR is Xman?
N Cognito

Canyon Country, CA

#132617 Apr 25, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think NTR is Xman?
No way, Rico.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#132619 Apr 25, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
<quoted text>When the penalty for a crime, deportation is forgiven for an entire group it is amnesty.
It is so simple even you and NTR understand, you just won't admit it.
Wrong...it wasn't forgiven it was changed to a different punishment.
It is so simple that I'm sure you do understand it.
higgans

Marion, IN

#132620 Apr 25, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. Martin Luther King does belong among our country's Patriots.
I don't care how much the far-right have tried to discredit him or his message. He's far more a true Patriot than any of the nitwits posting here who claim such status.
THIS is more than 'merely' listing MLK as a Patriot.

please note, too: this rant was a response to mud's post PRAISING MLK's ORIGINAL message!

MY response WAS to Rose's lumping all conservative posters here and 'everywhere' else on Topix as anti-MLK 'far-right nitwits'.

AND USING A PRO-MLK POST TO DO IT!!!

besides, didn't another Progressive poster on here say that ALL people/groups that use ANY rel to promote their ideology/POV were ALL EXTREME RIGHT-WINGERS?

well, didn't REV Dr. MLK use HIS faith to bolster his Civil Rights movement? that makes MLK a 'far-right nitwit', then... doesn't it?

WWJD, indeed. Rose?
Lock N Load

San Bernardino, CA

#132622 Apr 25, 2013
Gun Shops Rationing Ammo:'We Have Police Departments that are Scrambling'
April 25, 2013
By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.

Gun shops across the country are reporting ammunition shortages as many Americans continue to stock up on whatever they can get their hands on.

Jeff Dillard, who runs National Armory in Pompano, Florida says, "I have never seen ammo so impossible to get."

Bruce A. Pelletier, owner of Pelletier's Sports in Jaffrey, New Hampshire, says in his forty-four years in business, he's never seen the shortage this bad.

"Customers have been buying it all at once. We've been at the point to limiting it to one or two boxes per person, so at least that more than one of our customers can have some."

At Sam's Outdoor Outfitters, which has locations in both New Hampshire and Vermont, rationing isn't even an option.

"We haven't had any ammunition that we can limit," says owner Stanley Borofsky.

"People are calling on a daily basis...I've been here since 1957, and I've never seen the shortage this bad," he said.

Read more: http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams...
higgans

Marion, IN

#132623 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
My personal business is none of yours.
... name in a list of Patriots, nothing more.
now THAT is funny!

there have only been a coupla hundred posts in this forum to and from YOU about your 'personal business'!

don't go all bashful on us NOW, Rose.LOL

“Peace”

Location hidden

#132624 Apr 25, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I would prefer to believe that also but this seems to be a huge miss. As we are learning the FBI and CIA were contacted regarding Tamerlan, he definitely should have popped up after the bombings. He was investigated and interviewed and they apparently knew he returned to Russia for several months.
I am hopeful this incident will change their future monitoring practices.
I agree with you about wanting them to make some changes if it was a miss on their part. Do you think they were still in the watching phase and the boys took action before they realized it would happen so soon. I know that lots of times they will let those in one of the cells continue while they get more information on the other contacts the cell has. Only stopping them prior to them doing any real harm to anyone. At least that's how all the tv shows go.
:)

“Peace”

Location hidden

#132625 Apr 25, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is more than 'merely' listing MLK as a Patriot.
please note, too: this rant was a response to mud's post PRAISING MLK's ORIGINAL message!
MY response WAS to Rose's lumping all conservative posters here and 'everywhere' else on Topix as anti-MLK 'far-right nitwits'.
AND USING A PRO-MLK POST TO DO IT!!!
besides, didn't another Progressive poster on here say that ALL people/groups that use ANY rel to promote their ideology/POV were ALL EXTREME RIGHT-WINGERS?
well, didn't REV Dr. MLK use HIS faith to bolster his Civil Rights movement? that makes MLK a 'far-right nitwit', then... doesn't it?
WWJD, indeed. Rose?
MLK spoke about love and unity. Not about hate and division.
higgans

Marion, IN

#132626 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
My...
And whether you said "if," "and" or "but" is irrelevant. You had no reason to question me about my personal life or finances. Don't worry, though. YOU'RE not paying for anything. See, the difference between me and people like you and many other right-wing posters here is I never question a person about their personal business or try to find out who they are, how they live, or anything about them. I don't use the things I do know about people to hurt them or humiliate them in any way. I respect other people's anonymity here, unlike the majority of right-wingers here.
.... name in a list of Patriots, nothing more.
au contraire, Rose... didn't your fearless Leader just chastise ME for MY lack of 'comprehension' skills?

reading and understanding are paramount to good commincations, yes?

well, excluding when YOU decide it ISN'T.lol

you don't make 'personal' attacks? really? REALLY!?!

I shall leave that decision up to ALL of the posters on TOPIX...

“Peace”

Location hidden

#132627 Apr 25, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Plausible too:
Obama deports more illegal Mexicans than any other president on history!
Obama wants to replace Illegal Mexicans with terrorism Muslims!
Obama to bring 80,000 illegal Muslim to America, final goal 400,000 in ten years.
And Liberals still swear he is not Muslim!
http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-allows-...
Why?
Because Obama wants to TRANSFORM America into an Islamic nation with no freedom and idiot Liberals are helping him quite a lot!
If Obama brings them they won't be illegal.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#132628 Apr 25, 2013
Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013

Is income inequality beyond fixing?
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/24/is_income_ine...

Until we can reduce the flow of money into politics, the rich will continue to dictate public policy

By Jared Bernstein

......There’s yet another piece to this puzzle, however, kind of a riff off the old F. Scott Fitzgerald line about the rich being different from the rest of us (i.e., besides “they’ve got more money”). What are the political preferences of the wealthy and how do they differ from those of the rest of us?....Why, for example, does so much of our current debate focus on cuts to social insurance? The first figure provides one intuitive answer: the wealthy want cutbacks. The figure compares the wealthy to the general public on whether they’d like to see federal retirement programs expanded or cutback—the numbers are the net results of subtracting the “cutback” responses from the “expand” ones.

On Social Security, for example, a net of 33% of the wealthy favor cutting it back compared to a net of 46% in the general public who’d like to expand it (why the wealthy want cutbacks relative to the GP is a deeper question for another day).(SEE charts at link)

(cont.)

Democracy and the Policy Preferences
of Wealthy Americans

Benjamin I. Page, Larry M. Bartels, and Jason Seawright

It is important to know what wealthy Americans seek from politics and how (if at all) their policy preferences differ from those of
other citizens. There can be little doubt that the wealthy exert more political influence than the less affluent do. If they tend to get
their way in some areas of public policy, and if they have policy preferences that differ significantly from those of most Americans,
the results could be troubling for democratic policy making. Recent evidence indicates that “affluent” Americans in the top fifth of
theincomedistributionaresocial lymoreliberalbuteconomicallymo reconservativethanothers.Butun tilnowtherehasbeenlittle
systematicevidenceaboutthetrul ywealthy,suchasthetop1percent. Wereporttheresultsofapilotstud yofthepoliticalviewsand
activities of the top 1 percent or so of US wealth-holders. We find that they are extremely active politically and that they are much
moreconservativethantheAmerica npublicasawholewithrespecttoim portantpoliciesconcerningtaxat ion,economicregulation,
and especially social welfare programs. Variation within this wealthy group suggests that the top one-tenth of 1 percent of wealth-
holders (people with $40 million or more in net worth) may tend to hold still more conservative views that are even more distinct
from those of the general public. We suggest that these distinctive policy preferences may help account for why certain public
policies in the United States appear to deviate from what the majority of US citizens wants the government to do. If this is so,it raises
serious issues for democratic theory.

http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/~jnd260/...
higgans

Marion, IN

#132629 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
My personal...
I go by what I've read on these threads for several years now, and the MAJORITY of conservative posters have shared a very negative assessment of Martin Luther King.
... name in a list of Patriots, nothing more.
the fact that you include this statement in your rebuttal speaks VOLUMES about your closed-mindedness to open dialogue.

since you already KNOW what the 'majority' of (now)conservative posters THINK, why bother to post to any one but your allies?

BTW, thanks for confirming my assumption that your earlier referrence to 'far-right nitwits' actually applied to just plain ol' conservatives in general.lol

hey, how's your conscience feeling right about now?

probably LOST... or in a coma by now.

they say you lose what you don't use...
higgans

Marion, IN

#132630 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a freakin' moron and a liar.
Your childish games are pathetic, just like you, you ignorant dolt.
I knew what you were doing from the start. You're nothing but a snake in the grass hypocrite and no Christian like you pretend to be.
nope, NO personal attacks THERE.LOL
Rotten Rosie

Anonymous Proxy

#132631 Apr 25, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
au contraire, Rose... didn't your fearless Leader just chastise ME for MY lack of 'comprehension' skills?
reading and understanding are paramount to good commincations, yes?
well, excluding when YOU decide it ISN'T.lol
you don't make 'personal' attacks? really? REALLY!?!
I shall leave that decision up to ALL of the posters on TOPIX...
She has a very bad female strong odor problem.
Lock N Load

San Bernardino, CA

#132632 Apr 25, 2013
CONFIRMED: Both FBI & CIA Watched Boston Bombing Suspects for Years

Tony Cartalucci
Infowars.com
April 25, 2013

FBI & CIA now admit to putting Boston bombing suspect on 2 “watch lists,” directly contradicting previous public statements. CIA most likely sponsored suspect’s trips to meet US-backed terrorists in Chechnya, Russia.

It is now confirmed that Russian investigators contacted the FBI at least as early as 2011 in regards to Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and again just 6 months before the Boston attacks. Additionally, it is now revealed that both the FBI and CIA had Tsarnaev on at least 2 terrorist watch lists, contradicting previous FBI statements that the case was “closed” after not finding “any terrorism activity, domestic or foreign.”

FBI Caught in Staggering Series of Lies

The suspects, Tamerlan Tsarnaev and brother Dzhokar Tsarnaev, would be revealed to the public by the FBI a day after a bizarre press conference cancellation and a security scare at the federal courthouse where a suspect was allegedly being brought.

The FBI would feign ignorance over the suspects’ identity, appealing to the witless public for help identifying and apprehending them. It would be claimed by the suspects’ family members that the FBI had long been in contact with Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and that the bombing was a set-up.

The FBI’s bizarre behavior grew more suspicious when CBS reported that initially the FBI denied it had any prior contact with the Tsarnaev’s. In their report,“CBS News: FBI Interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev 2 Years Ago,” CBS claimed:

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/confirmed-both-fbi-ci...

“Peace”

Location hidden

#132633 Apr 25, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal thinking!
They are poor little kids that deserve being protected by Liberals like you.
But let me tell you something Liberal goofball, the "kids" they killed, that they ripped apart in the name of Allah (Satan), those my friend, those were also kids, you idiot!
Why do you Liberals go our of your way to protect terrorists? Why?
Ah! You also hate America!
Go to Iran, put a veil and help those "kids" rape you!
No one is protecting terrorists. Just an exaggeration on your part and nothing more.
higgans

Marion, IN

#132634 Apr 25, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever refer to anyone on this thread as being cruel or lacking compassion without looking in the mirror.
It is YOUR OPINION that I am "uneducated and uninformed". Your opinion is incorrect. I am actually well educated and make a real effort to stay informed. So much for your "opinion".
----------
Opinion:
In general, an opinion is a belief about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e., it is based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion
----------
As far as your obsession regarding socks, I have made it clear I have been Republican Honey since I registered in 11/12. I have no reason to pretend to be anyone else. Can you say the same NTR?
pardon me, RH, for butting in. YOU obviously don't need my or anyone else's help in handling the likes of NTR or her 'posse'.:)

I just wanted to say I endorse your assessment and characterization of NTR's POV and posting style and MATURITY level.

what does it SAY about a grown woman posting recent self-portaits on PUBLIC DISCUSSION SITES?

NTR has alleged multiple postings about almost every 'adversary'(me included) that gets under her skin.

hell, she just accused me of NOT being a man... again.(I take that as a COMPLIMENT that such an obvious (to herself) ALL woman thinks I can post 'like' or from a female's POV!)

IMO, NTR is the poster-poster for 'two-faced' postings. she often speaks out of BOTH sides of her mouth IN THE SAME POST.(see her recent rebuttal about supporting/NOT supporting amnesty for illegals!lol)

the sacry part is, she does come across as an intelligent and successful individual. for one such as her to be SOOOOO wrong on so many issues IS scary.

oh, well.....

stay frosty

and

feisty!
higgans

Marion, IN

#132635 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
And YOU are a lying, ignorant twit.
You are NO patriot, never have been, never will be.
I never claimed to be one. I'm not so arrogant to think I should be listed among people like Washington, Jefferson, Paine, Lincoln, Henry, Franklin, Revere and others who were TRUE patriots.
You aren't even in the ballpark, you pompous little halfwit and neither were any of those posters I mentioned. None of them are patriots.
Hell, according to THAT definition, I AM more of a "patriot" than you and those other right-wing extremists. LOL!
I defend my rights and those of others to fight you radical extremist and not allow this country to be overtaken by hateful morons like you who have no honor, integrity or concern for anyone but yourselves and your pitiful little egos.
And don't forget it, lunatic!
NOPE, no personal attacks here, either.

'lunatic' and 'twit' are Progressive/Rose's words of endearment and encouragement.LOL
Lock N Load

San Bernardino, CA

#132636 Apr 25, 2013
Obama Uses Bush Speech to Push Immigration Reform
12:16 PM, Apr 25, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Barack Obama used a part of his speech at the George W. Bush Libary opening today to push immigration reform:

Read more: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-use...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fracking: Progress or Poison? 5 hr Joe Balls 92
News Is It Time to End Ethanol Vehicle Fuel Mandates? (Apr '13) 13 hr litesong 6
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... Sun untilthelighttak ... 7
News Growing global demand for airconditioning as cl... Sun Earthling 1
News Maxwell: Florida needs new amendment to protect... Fri lots 2 do 1
News Global warming: Experts say temperatures could ... May 1 Gore Blimey 5
News Senate Bill 258 creates bureaucratic roadblocks Apr 28 qwerty7 1
More from around the web