The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Read more

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Coldwater, Mi

#130992 Apr 21, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
advocate HOW?
to excuse or mitigate their actions?
or
make sure they receive 'due process'?
the first, I say f65k'em.... go tell your sob stories to the survivors and victims' families.
to the latter, I would expect any person to receive DUE process... and then the approriate action to take place.
there ARE certain instances were GUILT is NOT in question... so far, I would say the most recent instances where we have a surviving assailant, are examples.
we can learn 99.9% of why whether they are alive or dead.
but, given the KNOWLEDGE we have gleaned about the WHY behind the recent mass-SHOOTINGS, what have we LEARNED?
and, what have some of our pols/people focused on?
certainly NOT the FACTS.
if we, as a society or government, are NOT going to use the knowledge we have about ANYTHING, and just continue to push/pursue 'agendas', we cannot last very much longer.
that is precisely what we have been doing for these past 50-60 years: pursuing agendas DESPITE the FACTS.
is our Nation/society better, more hopeful, than the 50s/60s?
examine each and ANY area, and a logical-thinking person has to say, at the BEST, things have not improved. at the worst, IT has gotten worse... some things a little bit; others, VERY nuch so.
face it, Obama is only the last FAILURE in a long list of FAILURES at his position... the same with Congress.
we need to look at Local and State governments to see ANY imporovement in the People's lots. actions they have taken to either MINIMIZE/nullify FG policies or to correct/get around the same.
just look at NTR's last post: glorifying the paltry 10-20% GOOD that Obama may have achieved and IGNORING the 80-90% of worse or 'same-old, same-old'!
c'mon, folks, WE ARE BETTER THAN TREADING WATER.
That is exactly how I thought you would reply to this post and I agree with what you have said in regards.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#130993 Apr 21, 2013
John 14
1 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever ...

<3

My HEART is not troubled ...
I have FAITH in Him ...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#130994 Apr 21, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>There is an offshoot of the Repub Party and leftovers of the Tea Party that have become the new American Taliban. They are against our freely elected government and wish to overthrow it. Putting in place some form of religious rule exactly like the Islamic Taliban. They are one in the same.
The far right has come unhinged.

It's a mix of radical ideology, religious mania and extreme intolerance that stands in direct opposition to everything America is supposed to stand for.

I don't know how much longer the rhetoric can go on before we reach the breaking point, but I think we are very close.

They are a radical minority that believes they have God on their side and their level of frustration is growing.
Rico G

Denver, CO

#130995 Apr 21, 2013
I`v been Doing MarmaDuke and Scooby doo all week. Them Danes are bigger. Scooby snacks ya know.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#130996 Apr 21, 2013
"Reports claim images from surveillance cameras (date-stamped 4/13/13) have captured a poorly disguised Michelle Obama exiting a downtown Target store snacking on barbecue flavored Chicharrones while loading three new Presto pressure cookers into a black Cadillac Escalade. When asked about the video, Jay Carney, White House Press Secretary, visibly blanched and left the podium without comment."

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Coldwater, Mi

#130997 Apr 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a mix of radical ideology, religious mania and extreme intolerance that stands in direct opposition to everything America is supposed to stand for.
I don't know how much longer the rhetoric can go on before we reach the breaking point, but I think we are very close.
They are a radical minority that believes they have God on their side and their level of frustration is growing.
I am inclined to somewhat agree but I think it encompasses more that just the far right. To me a mix of radical ideology would include elements of both left and right that are radicalized.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#130998 Apr 21, 2013
American Lady wrote:
John 14
1 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever ...
<3
My HEART is not troubled ...
I have FAITH in Him ...
Exodus 20:1 And God spoke all these words: 2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. 7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

Exodus 20:22 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Tell the Israelites this:‘You have seen for yourselves that I have spoken to you from heaven: 23 Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold. 24 “‘Make an altar of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you. 25 If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a tool on it. 26 And do not go up to my altar on steps, or your private parts may be exposed.’
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#130999 Apr 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you print this garbage before son?
Back to defending the violent, racist, criminal, dead traygone, bj boy.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#131000 Apr 21, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
STAY OFF MY case
"u" libTARDED FRAUD!
Injustice Spreads Through Obama Administration
As the final act on a day in which we saw the spread of injustice throughout the Obama administration, Spencer Ackerman and Marcy Wheeler filled us in on the appearance of Attorney General Eric Holder at the annual dinner for the Constitution Project, where, as Ackerman described it, Holder proceeded to kick civil libertarians in the teeth.
It’s so sad that this administration has lost track of the simple truth that the centuries-old concept of habeas corpus requires that they prove, through the presentation of evidence not obtained through torture, that a prisoner has been properly detained. This bedrock legal principle is not a menu taken from Goldilocks and the Three Bears, where the government may choose the course that is "just right" from among criminal prosecution, "new, improved" military commissions or indefinite detention without charges. The legal principles that existed prior to 9/11 regarding the arrest of criminals and the capture of prisoners of war are entirely adequate for the current situation, but Obama and Holder seem determined to abolish justice and establish injustice.
http://my.firedoglake.com/jimwhite/2010/04/16...
What happened to “look forward, not backward”?
http://www.salon.com/2010/04/15/prosecutions_...
TWO "libTARDED" websites turning on their MASTERS!
``````````
In my "opinion" ...
These TWO bombers ARE being used as SCAPEGOATS ...
tho they ARE BAD as can be SEEN from the MIT Cop KILLING and police chase etc ...
This IS just a coverUP of HIGHER crimes!
Can you READ THAT "jaxxon" and ALL you NUTTERS for the BIG 0!?!
~-~
Can you COMPREHEND the "context" ...???
with ya drug addled BLOCK on your shoulders ???
If one of us is drug addled, that would definitely be YOU, lunatic.

Are you still blowing smoke and trying to absolve Republicans of their abuses and intransigence? Well, it's not working. The greatest crimes against American regulars have happened under Republican rule. Please try to remember that. Now, get with the program. We will no longer adhere to Republican rule. Not going to happen. Get used to it.

It matters not much AT ALL what you think of Obama or his Administration, because it all must be weighed against what otherwise would be in place. What a relief it is not to be forced to accelerate the give-away to the needy rich program!!! No matter how disenchanted we may be (and, of course we're disenchanted), we are NOT nearly as delusional as you sap suckers. You're certifiably dense, and it's disgustingly absurd that you believe yourselves to have the first clue WTH you're supporting. No, you don't. You have no idea. But, this much is true. Those you call (frequently incorrectly, I must add) "libs" are definitely aware of the problem, from where it originates, and we know why we will just continue ignoring your silly nonsense and theatrical rants.

This has been a public service announcement. Management does not endorse these views......but, they should;-)
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#131001 Apr 21, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you got one in there - that's an improvement, good on ya!
Kudos to you if you can be the first Topix lib to rationally defend Oblamers actions.

You can start with the lack of jobs he promised.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#131002 Apr 21, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love documentaries, and that looks like a good one. Will try to find it.
Has anyone seen The Master? Is it worth a watch?
zero stars
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#131003 Apr 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant and fat...now there's some insightful political commentary.
I may be the only person here that bothered to check out your "sources" and all I can say is nice try, epic fail.
A bunch of right wingers giving us their interpretation of what the "left" is supposed to have said.
If a commentator said something like "it could be Muslim Extremists, it could be domestic terrorists, it could be a lone wolf..." the next thing you know the right wing media is cherry picking the "domestic terrorist" part of the statement and insisting that's code for "right wing, tea party".
You want me to be impressed stop telling me what your far right guru's have decided the "left" said about this and show me a source where a reputable media outlet declared that this was right wing domestic terrorism.
If you can't do that then you've got nothing to add to this conversation.
BTW...I personally think Chris Mathews is a moron so you can insult him all day long and all you'll get from me is "yep, he's an idiot" so you might as well give that up on that one.
Keep your head up your butt, Jack Off, CNN had some left wing imbecile on saying likely it was a white, right winger, I heard him. In addition the likes of the NYT's were salivating at the prospect of some honky[like you] being responsible.

You are a honky, aren't you Jackie?
Liberals Own It

San Bernardino, CA

#131004 Apr 21, 2013
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and the “Right Balance” for the Bill of Rights

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
April 21, 2013

Liberals fell in love with Elizabeth Warren after she said the “rich” must be taxed, so they elected her to the Senate in 2012. However, the new Massachusetts senator seems to have a problem understanding the Bill of Rights, not unlike many of her colleagues.

On Sunday, Warren said federal prosecutors need to ‘‘find the right balance’’ in deciding whether to read Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev his Miranda rights – in other words if he will be allowed to exercise, as an American citizen, the Fifth Amendment and be granted due process.

Ms. Warren is apparently confused about the Fifth Amendment. It states that no American shall “be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” It doesn’t say this can be ignored in the case of supposed terrorists.

Read more: http://www.infowars.com/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-and...

Location hidden

#131005 Apr 21, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am inclined to somewhat agree but I think it encompasses more that just the far right. To me a mix of radical ideology would include elements of both left and right that are radicalized.
There's no question that there is a lunatic fringe on both ends of the political spectrum, but at this point in our history it is the far right that has become radicalized.

The mix of religion, politics and intolerance that we see in the rhetoric on the internet and in certain elements of the media is not conservatism.

It is extremism.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#131006 Apr 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be the only person here that bothered to check out your "sources" and all I can say is nice try, epic fail.
A bunch of right wingers giving us their interpretation of what the "left" is supposed to have said.
If a commentator said something like "it could be Muslim Extremists, it could be domestic terrorists, it could be a lone wolf..." the next thing you know the right wing media is cherry picking the "domestic terrorist" part of the statement and insisting that's code for "right wing, tea party".
You want me to be impressed stop telling me what your far right guru's have decided the "left" said about this and show me a source where a reputable media outlet declared that this was right wing domestic terrorism.
BTW...I personally think Chris Mathews is a moron so you can insult him all day long and all you'll get from me is "yep, he's an idiot" so you might as well give that up on that one.
Who have the ignorant morons in Homeland Security named as the biggest threat to America?
Not Islamofascists.

The Biggest Threat to America is the GOP's Domestic Right Wing ...
www.politicususa.com/biggest-threat-america-g... -...
Jan 20, 2013 – The biggest threat to America, its people, and government is from domestic right-wing extremist groups that fall under the purview of the ...

Right wing extremist groups being broadly defined as anyone who disagrees with Oblamer.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#131007 Apr 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
'Why do you get to define "reputable" media sources? I say you don't.

Typical liberal ploy, attack the messenger, not the message.
higgans

Marion, IN

#131008 Apr 21, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
that's right, Jax, you stay focused on fighting God and the religious right.

the rest of us conservative 'nutters' will render unto Ceasar, that is the Constitution in THIS Country.

there is NOTHING in THAT document giving any special recognition to gays, HC, marriage, public ed, welfare, mortgages, UNdeclared wars, the Fed Res, abortion OR GUN CONTROL.

but, you go with what moves your PERSONAL agenda forward while further dividing the Nation.

you know full well that a 'House Divided' can not long stand.

something WILL give... most likely the Union.

just like the 'set back' your side received on 'reasonable' gun control, you really, really should be expecting even MORE rejection as the People exercise their voices and the pols your side count on acted like the humans they ARE and cover their arses with THEIR voters.

just think, if your side would put forth a Term Limit Amend, then YOUR Reps and Senators would be FEARLESS, like Obama.

the Progressives' not allowing such Amends to be put forth also exposes their greatest weakness: the average pols's desire/need to be RE-elected and the overall conservative Nature of the MAJORITY of Americans... nevermind want folks TELL an annonymous poll taker.

do YOU honestly believe the Dems/libs/Progressives are going to GAIN seats THIS mid-term?

let the Gang of Eight or 368 put out an Amnesty bill....

that's WHY I have said in the recent past: hurry, hurry, HURRY.

Location hidden

#131009 Apr 21, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 20:1 And God spoke all these words: 2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. 7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
Exodus 20:22 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Tell the Israelites this:‘You have seen for yourselves that I have spoken to you from heaven: 23 Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold. 24 “‘Make an altar of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you. 25 If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a tool on it. 26 And do not go up to my altar on steps, or your private parts may be exposed.’
"You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."

For some reason, this verse seems particularly relevant.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#131010 Apr 21, 2013
-Do Panic- wrote:
CNN and MSNBC are in a battle for the hearts and "minds" of the extreme left wing radical paranoids. They are each trying to discredit the other at the same time they try ad "one up" the other in how far they can go to capture the imaginations and loyalties of their target audience.
It's all about ratings and money and they are playing the far left for a bunch of fools. ;
o)
Neither have ratings worth mentioning.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#131011 Apr 21, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to you if you can be the first Topix lib to rationally defend Oblamers actions.
You can start with the lack of jobs he promised.
http://www.pensitoreview.com/Wordpress/wp-con...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2-Degree Global Warming Target 'Utterly Inadequ... Fri SpaceBlues 1
News Fukushima linked to California Drought, indepen... Mar 25 Earthling-1 39
News Great Barrier Reef: Australian PM Tony Abbott m... Mar 22 SpaceBlues 1
News An $8 Billion Push to Cool the Globe Has Poor C... Mar 22 Earthling-1 8
News This Major Newspaper Just Declared War on Fossi... Mar 21 IBdaMann 2
News No title Mar 20 reggiy 1
News Heartland Daily Podcast - " E. Calvin Beisner: ... Mar 18 SpaceBlues 1
More from around the web