The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#112012 Mar 5, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no coward--I don't hide behind proxies and change handles everyday.
Either prove you're not posting under a half dozen grey and green boxes using six different gmail accounts, or lose the unfounded and hollow "I'm no coward--I don't hide" claim.
Huntscoyotes

Bowling Green, KY

#112013 Mar 5, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What's not appropriate is for you to use a tabloid as a "news" reference. I's the equivalent of The National Enquirer:
The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust.
Now, moving beyond the questionable veracity of your source, let's deal with what they actually said: smear campaign. Suspended three times - not a crime. Carrying a screw driver - not a crime.(I carry a screw driver in my purse - actually a multi-tool utilty knife, and I'm not a burglar.) Womens' jewelry - not a crime, and no crime was ever alleged. Teenagers and tardiness - almost every working parent's issue with teens (move it or lose it).
Beyond that, Trayvon Martin was not carrying anything questionable on his person the night he was murdered. No matter HOW you impugn his character, the preponderance of evidence (including from one of his teacher's comments about him) is that he was a normal teen planning for his college future. That's what his emails consisted of - talk of college. His Twitter? Same garbage 90% of teens spew. Even if he was everything the haters here suggest, there was nothing suspicious about him that night he died aside from the fact he was wearing a hoodie walking home from the store when paranoid George Zimmerman started something he should NEVER have started in the first place.
I hope George Zimmerman pays a price for the unnecessary and wrongful taking of a young kid's life, a tragedy that will leave a hole in the hearts of those who loved him for the rest of their lives.
Oh please, like an earlier poster said, you don't get to decide what link is reliable- I'm willing to bet that this is as accurate as any source YOU would dare to use (though you won't). I watch FOXNEWS as a matter of habit, sometimes I'll go to CNN, HLN, MSNBC, etc to see what stories they're running. It never fails, while FOX is reporting something relevant to the POTUS like his and michelle's latest squanderings, HLN and the others will run stories on dog shows, traffic woes and other foo foo, waiting 'til the furor dies down and the prez does something not so wrong, and then run with it like a drum major leading a homecoming parade.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#112014 Mar 5, 2013
MKNFHT wrote:
<quoted text>
Her "Shades of Grey" I dated a senator stories are is NOT appropriate either.
"I dated a senator" story? Are you nutz? Nevermind. Of course you are. I never dated a senator nor said I did. You have some really scary recall issues here, bub. You may be confusing "dates" with the fact that my ex-husband's father was a two term STATE senator here in Kentucky. That has nothing to do with any dating of a senator. You watch too much television.

Feel free to use The National Enquirer as your "news" source any time though, while simultaneously dissing the MSM as being prejudiced. It makes just about as much sense as far as I'm concerned. No wonder intellectual conservative web sites are shuttering. There is apparently very little intelligent life left on the right side of the aisle.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#112015 Mar 5, 2013
positronium wrote:
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I answered a PM from Posit was more than a year ago (maybe two I'd have to check) way back on the Hispanics fear profiling thread.
He said he was pretending to be friends with a small group of posters in order to gain their trust and find out their real names and other personal information that he could use against them.
He said they represented a threat to the "Republic" whatever the hell that was supposed to mean.
These were not people I had any reason to show kidness toward. Ghost Rider, Plainfield Mom and a few others, but I couldn't stand by and do nothing once the little freak told me what was up even if he was doing it to people that had treated me so bad.
I asked him to stop what he was doing.
He refused so I told the people whose personal information he was after what he was up to (in public) and he has been screaming about how I "betrayed" him ever since.
It was kind of like inviting a total stranger to help you rob a bank and then calling that person untrustworthy when they call the cops on you.
Now he thinks it's a good idea for us to talk in private again.
I don't see it that way.
Too many crazy people on this site.
<quoted text>Was it that post to me from Jaxxon and my reply that you are referring to, MK? I copied the page.
No sweetie it wasn't that one, but thanks for reposting it anyway.

;)

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#112017 Mar 5, 2013
Senate panel votes to approve Obama's CIA nominee.
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-panel-votes-appr...

SECRET ASIAN MAN
http://youtu.be/5Cv193BbDRU
Parodee
OMG

Greeley, CO

#112018 Mar 5, 2013
Liberals Own It wrote:
Eric Holder: Drone strikes against Americans on U.S. soil are legal
March 5, 2013 | 4:09 pm | Modified: March 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Attorney General Eric Holder can imagine a scenario in which it would be constitutional to carry out a drone strike against an American on American soil, he wrote in a letter to Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
“It is possible, I suppose, to imagine an extraordinary circumstance in which it would be necessary and appropriate under the Constitution and applicable laws of the United States for the President to authorize the military to use lethal force within the territory of the United States,” Holder replied in a letter yesterday to Paul’s question about whether Obama “has the power to authorize lethal force, such as a drone strike, against a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and without trial.”
Paul condemned the idea.“The U.S. Attorney General’s refusal to rule out the possibility of drone strikes on American citizens and on American soil is more than frightening – it is an affront the Constitutional due process rights of all Americans,” he said in a statement.
Read more: http://washingtonexaminer.com/eric-holder-dro...
The better not let that crazed Obama fan who goes by "Marine Corp Pat" near the controls of a domestic drone. That loon already has a list of Tea Party, Republicans and conservatives he wants to murder on Obama's behalf.

Now, of course, all the libs will rally around the flag pole and support this stuff. Bush fake-tortured a few terrorist, but Obama wants the authority to send drone around our country and launch missiles at people. Interesting.

“Je Suis Charlie”

Location hidden

#112020 Mar 5, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am indeed a charlatan and a fool, but I try to not be too nasty - more clown that creep (I hope). I lose my temper though, and you do too, though probably not as bad as me. It's hard not to give back what you are given, as you say.
I meant it when I said that Topix was really just a kind of place for goofs and shouldn't be taken too seriously. But some of the stuff you were called was just too much. Can't blame you for being upset.
I know you don't care what I think. Most people around here don't, but that was a very nice post.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#112021 Mar 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You can deflect all you like, even towards the president. It still does not change that you've been caught fibbing, more times than your willing to admit now.
I don't think a day goes by where you're not all over someone for being a 'proven liar', yet you're a staunch supporter of a president who also doesn't let, well, almost every day go by without lying.

Weird, huh?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#112022 Mar 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
" The President has little reason to lie about himself at this point. "
He has ALL the reason to LIE!
To keep his puppets in line!
Bowing to their leader!
Worshiping @ the IDOL of 0
Need I even say it?

Get....
........help
..........lady.

;)

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#112023 Mar 5, 2013
Huntscoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please, like an earlier poster said, you don't get to decide what link is reliable- I'm willing to bet that this is as accurate as any source YOU would dare to use (though you won't). I watch FOXNEWS as a matter of habit, sometimes I'll go to CNN, HLN, MSNBC, etc to see what stories they're running. It never fails, while FOX is reporting something relevant to the POTUS like his and michelle's latest squanderings, HLN and the others will run stories on dog shows, traffic woes and other foo foo, waiting 'til the furor dies down and the prez does something not so wrong, and then run with it like a drum major leading a homecoming parade.
Then, how about you do some fact checking before you post incendiary stories about a dead kid. Here's a comment from one of his teachers:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri...

Trayvon Martin, a typical teen with dreams of flying or fixing planes

By AUDRA D.S. BURCH and LAURA ISENSEE, Miami Herald

Thursday, March 22, 2012

...... Math was his favorite subject, according to one of his Carol City teachers, Ashley Gantt. She taught his sophomore year English honors class where the curriculum included works such as The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglas and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Sometimes he would come to the second-period class looking exhausted. Gantt would call out his name.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Gantt. I'm not asleep. I'm listening," he would reply, she said.

He would often wear a hoodie at school — just like the one he was wearing the day he was killed in Sanford.

"Once he came in wearing a UM hoodie. I'm a Florida Gator," Gantt said. "I'm like,'You can't come into my class with that.' "

Gantt said she never saw Martin behave aggressively or show disrespect.

"He was just a sweet kid, she said. "He got A's and B's. If he received a C on an assignment, it was because he was just being a kid that day. He was very smart."
Slipknot

Canyon Country, CA

#112024 Mar 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Who pulled your string ... puppet!
Careful yankin' lady.....it ain't limp like a rope.

Location hidden

#112025 Mar 5, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think a day goes by where you're not all over someone for being a 'proven liar', yet you're a staunch supporter of a president who also doesn't let, well, almost every day go by without lying.
Weird, huh?
"I don't think" is probably the most factual part of your comment. Unfortunately the truth of your post ended where it began.

;)

“Je Suis Charlie”

Location hidden

#112026 Mar 5, 2013
MKNFHT wrote:
<quoted text> That can't happen until you are gone.
Oh get over yourself.

If I do something to get banned over I'll get banned. Until then I'll be here and there isn't anything you can do about it.

You really need to find a goal in life other than trying to get me kicked off of topix.

It's making you weird.
Swing State

Urbana, OH

#112027 Mar 5, 2013
positronium wrote:
Thank you so very much. I am in absolute agreement with you all the way....This should be posted on every corner.....Throughout the nation......
I am a white guy from Ohio and I ve never seen people who are so brain washed in my life. If the Pres. told Mith the sky was blue he and the rest of our reps would say it was red. Mitch said after the 1st a$$ kicking the most important thing was to make him a 1 timer not running the country this is crazy I am totally offended by the way people are acting it is like someone hitting their self in order to make the pres. be a failure they are willing to make the usa fail it is treason and they should be arrested he is the pres. and deserves the same respect or alot more then Bush. Boehner is from my district and NO VOTE HERE
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112028 Mar 5, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Then, how about you do some fact checking before you post incendiary stories about a dead kid. Here's a comment from one of his teachers:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri...
Trayvon Martin, a typical teen with dreams of flying or fixing planes
By AUDRA D.S. BURCH and LAURA ISENSEE, Miami Herald
Thursday, March 22, 2012
...... Math was his favorite subject, according to one of his Carol City teachers, Ashley Gantt. She taught his sophomore year English honors class where the curriculum included works such as The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglas and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
Sometimes he would come to the second-period class looking exhausted. Gantt would call out his name.
"I'm sorry, Ms. Gantt. I'm not asleep. I'm listening," he would reply, she said.
He would often wear a hoodie at school — just like the one he was wearing the day he was killed in Sanford.
"Once he came in wearing a UM hoodie. I'm a Florida Gator," Gantt said. "I'm like,'You can't come into my class with that.' "
Gantt said she never saw Martin behave aggressively or show disrespect.
"He was just a sweet kid, she said. "He got A's and B's. If he received a C on an assignment, it was because he was just being a kid that day. He was very smart."
DID you expect them to put one on there THAT didn't say THAT ...???

dweeb!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21205...

And DID you forget THIS one ???

The woman had told prosecutors she was in the hospital on the day of Trayvon's funeral.

"In fact, she lied," defense attorney Don West said.

The disclosure was one of two major developments Tuesday at what had been expected to be a dull hearing about the exchange of case evidence.

The other: Zimmerman's lawyers will not hold a "stand your ground" hearing in April, one that could clear him of criminal wrongdoing before his trial.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara made that announcement in court, later saying he had not yet decided whether to scrap it entirely or roll it into Zimmerman's second-degree-murder trial set for June 10.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/bre... .

Here is what is known:

Zimmerman grew up in a strict Catholic family in Manassas, Virginia. His father, retired Virginia Supreme Court magistrate Robert J. Zimmerman, is retired military, and from all accounts raised his children in an authoritarian manner denoting that. Neighbors from his childhood have stated that both he and his siblings were kept sheltered in their home, and were not permitted to play with neighborhood children. Virginia police records show that George Zimmerman was the victim of an assault shortly before relocating to Florida. It is likely that this event, in conjunction with his upbringing, played a prominent role in his lifelong desire to work in law enforcement.

Zimmerman relocated to Lake Mary, Florida in 2002. In 2004, Robert and Gladys Zimmerman had George’s name removed from the deed to a house in Lake Mary.

http://www.insightoutnews.org/readings/a-clos...

AND all over theconservativetreehouse.com
Quirky

Denver, CO

#112029 Mar 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I even say it?
Get....
........help
..........lady.
;)
Yer so smot i cin`t if`n figer yous out. LMAO Moron!

Here copy and save this for your standard reply. It`s all you ever have. MORON!

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"

"Oh Brother"

"Shakes Head"

"Get help"
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112030 Mar 5, 2013
Eric Holder: Yes, We Don’t Plan To, But We Can Use Drones – To Kill U.S. Citizens – On U.S. Soil – If We Want…

Chavez Is Dead – Again…
[yep AGAIN, already been reported once!]

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/
American Lady

Danville, KY

#112031 Mar 5, 2013
Thanks Q!
And all you guys/gals for HELPING to make a difference!

Later :)

Location hidden

#112032 Mar 5, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer so smot i cin`t if`n figer yous out. LMAO Moron!
Here copy and save this for your standard reply. It`s all you ever have. MORON!
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
"Oh Brother"
"Shakes Head"
"Get help"
Oh brother.

**shakes head**

Get help Q.

I keep it simple for certain folks, Q. ;)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#112033 Mar 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...As well as the several dozen pm's preceding this and your PM's to me beforehand...."
That's just not true posit.
There weren't a dozen PM's between us altogether before it got too strange and I simply stopped answering them.
You're the one dramatizing and despite your suggestion that we should start talking privately again the answer is still no.
I think you're weird and I'm not interested.
Disagree wholeheartedly and I have all of them. You are off topic and the discussion here is about our president having failed us. If you want to discuss people such as myself and talk to me, about me then feel free to PM me and we'll talk all about it and then we will discuss what else is known.
Until then I suggest you cease and desist from telling me publicly what you assume I am, or face the same treatment in regards to your actual shortcomings. Capiche?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fukushima linked to California Drought, indepen... 4 hr Dan 11
EDITORIAL: Rajendra Pachauri resigns U.N. globa... 21 hr SpaceBlues 1
UN climate panel head steps down amid sex claims Wed Earthling-1 4
Arctic dumps await federal decision on successf... Feb 24 Freds Towing 1
Malloy Proposes New Solar Energy Legislation Feb 22 Solarman 1
Would you allow yourself to be groped to fight ... Feb 22 SpaceBlues 3
What's your carbon number? Feb 22 Earthling-1 10
More from around the web