The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 384638 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100691 Feb 7, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems Obama has a drone over LA and says he'll kill any damn American he pleases, as long as he suspects them of being in the Tea Party or Al Qaeda. But he does promise not to water board them, cause he's got like "moral superiority" & sh*t, unlike Bush.
Bush, he went on to explain, made passing a budget or fixing our economy permanently impossible. But that's ok, cause we have a magic debit card that you can spend with pretty much f*cking forever and (this is the good part!) you NEVER have to pay it off. But that's beside the point.
It's true, we never need to pay off our debt and I'm glad you finally see it. For example, we never paid off our WWII debt. We just grew out of it, and this has been every single presidents' way of handling the national debt since WWII.

For a different point of view, as Stalin-loving higgans.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100693 Feb 7, 2013
Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
In a sick way... I'm rooting for this guy to create bloodshead...
Forgive me if I don't share your sentiment, Rico. I think he got his manifesto out, and there are questions in the mind of the public about the way LAPD operates. Why did ANY innocent people have to DIE for this? Whether or not he was treated unfairly or comes from a culture of cover-up makes no difference in the way HE chose to air his grievance. Those innocents had NOTHING to do with his issues, and he's a depraved coward not to confront directly those he finds responsible personally. It doesn't require anybody to die to make a point.

How many of us have experienced a wrong or unfair treatment in our lives, some losing careers and jobs to outsourcing or illegal or unfair treatment? Does this give us the right to start killing human beings? If he had any brains at all, he would have taken himself out into the private sector and been hired on to provide protection to some celebrity or politician and made even more money. He had the skills and training to have succeeded, but he let bitterness destroy his opportunities. Living well is the best revenge.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100697 Feb 7, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, don't panic, but I agree (mostly) with your first statement. I said pretty much that in a recent post. Frankly, I wouldn't trust Obama, who seems an amateur and a politician (by which I mean a liar) more than a military expert. So, yes, I do not dispute his use of drones in general. As to the individual targets, I am not so sure. Too many kids & grandmas are dying. But, hey, it's a tough job and he can have it. I'd like to sleep at night, so I don't claim I could do better.
TeaParty? Well, your prejudiced and wholly ignorant view is duly noted.
Nobody said Obama invented the magic debit card, started our use of it, or even put most of the debt on it. But he sure as hell has embraced it as his own, done NOTHING to stop the insanity and even less to explain to his army of ObamaZombies that, yes, Virginia, there is NO Santa Clause in the North Pole - and NO endless freebies to be had in DC. Both of those are kid's fairy tales. Obama should be a man and a leader and make that clear.
We can go bankrupt just like any turd world sh*thole, even with His Mercifullness & Light, Lord Obama I, as our One True (secular) God.
Teaparty? Prejudiced against it? Even the GOP is starting to distance themselves from those nuts. How come? They want to win an election.
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100699 Feb 7, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to stop "helping" people, especially those who don't share our values completely.
It's more accurate to say we need to stop "helping" people who don't share our values by forcing our values on them. Then maybe we can prevent the growth of some terrorist groups.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#100703 Feb 7, 2013
The White House on Tuesday defended targeted assassinations as “necessary,”“ethical” and “wise.” Human rights and civil liberties groups have condemned those strikes partly because they are carried out without such congressional oversight. Other critics have warned that civilian deaths in drone strikes inflame anti-U.S. sentiment and help Islamist extremist groups recruit new members.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cia-nomine...
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100705 Feb 7, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
$16 trillion in debt[so far], mideast failures galore, illegal murders abroad and no jobs, that's Oboobles legacy at this point.
To focus on debt is one dimensional and an inaccurate way to measure financial stability. A better measure is the size of the deficit. The wealthy, nearly all corporations and all nations are often sorely in debt, but they're generating sufficient revenue, so the debt is not a problem. Same thing for the US. In 2009, we had an unprecedented deficit of $1.4 trillion (10.1% of the GDP). Since that time, it has come down nearly a third to $1.03 trillion (6.2% of the GDP).
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100706 Feb 7, 2013
Lexington HAS it's "ghettos" TO!
Crime UP to what it used to be.
Gangs moving in TOO ...

While some of the street gangs in Kentucky adopt the names of nationally recognized gangs, their affiliations to these gangs are suspect. According to law enforcement authorities in Lexington, some of the gangs in their area have connections to gangs in Detroit. Fort Knox-Radcliff and Bowling Green law enforcement authorities report that young people who have recently moved into the state from Chicago and Detroit brought gang culture and affiliations with them.

http://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs1/154...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100707 Feb 7, 2013
The above ...

National Drug Intelligence Center
Kentucky Drug Threat Assessment
July 2002

Can you "imagine" WHAT it is NOW???
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#100708 Feb 7, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, President Obama hasn't killed anyone with his drones that you or I wouldn't have killed if we were the "decider".
Second, the Tea Party started off as a grass roots organization with a great charter as people from both sides of the isle found common ground on the "Taxed Enough Already" platform. It was infiltrated by the ultra right faction of the republican party running anyone with a brain away. Today, the members of the tea party are better known as Talibaggers and if they were not already on SSDI, they would qualify for it simply by being associated with the tea party brand.
That magic credit card you are talking about was maxed out way before Obama ever became president so quit blaming Obama. It was Bush/Cheney who gave the surpluses to the rich and sent the poor off to war.
Talibaggers

HAHAHAHAH!

I love it!!
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100709 Feb 7, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
ask one of these Obama asskissing apologists whether they'd rather be water boarded or blown to smithereens by one of Obama's drone missiles. Obama the failure is the subject here.
You must be new here, I assure you they'll turn on you.
There's an option here. We can either keep US personnel out of harms' way by using drones or we can put boots on the ground and put American lives at risk. Most rational folks will vote for the former.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#100710 Feb 7, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more accurate to say we need to stop "helping" people who don't share our values by forcing our values on them. Then maybe we can prevent the growth of some terrorist groups.

Forcing ones values upon others is a Republican tradition. It's not good enough for a republican to value sobriety. No! A republican must force sobriety upon everyone by amending the constitution prohibiting alcohol. Republicans cannot just refuse to abort their fetuses. They want to force everyone to carry an unwanted pregnancy through to birth. That is the essence of the republican party. Their reason to exist depends upon forcing their values upon those who do not share them. They were founded on the principles of forcing their will upon others even if it means civil war. The republican party has not changed one little bit. They are still cramming their shit down the throats of the masses. It's time to tax the church and abolish the republican party once and for all.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#100713 Feb 7, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you suggestion La Raza is a Republican group?
If it weren't for right wing totalitarian republicans trying to wipe out the culture and traditions of the Latino/Hispanic community a group like La Raza wouldn't have a reason to exist.

The tea party movement started off as the party of the average Joe looking for a sounding board to have their voices heard. We've listened to that voice for four years now and we are simply trying to say..."Shut the Hell Up!" ... "You are an embarrassment!" ... "Learn to read and spell words!" ... "None of y'all earn enough to worry about Bush's tax break for the wealthy so quit defending the people who have been screwing you for all these years!"

Anyway, The tea party is irrelevant today. They went the way of Ross Perot and his looney followers. The republicans need a third party so that their candidate doesn't seem so strange and unelectable.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#100714 Feb 7, 2013
Obama’s First-Term Track Record on Civil Liberties
by John W. Whitehead

Recently by John W. Whitehead: Looking Beyond Election Day: The Issues That Threaten To Derail the Nation

Four years after Barack Obama was elected on a platform of "change you can believe in," he’s now promising America that the "best is yet to come." However, on almost every front – fiscally, militarily, politically, socially – the country is in a state of disarray.

So what does the future hold? Unless President Obama changes course – and drastically so – freedom as we have known it will become extinct.

November 13, 2012

http://lewrockwell.com/whitehead/whitehead63....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100715 Feb 7, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Flagged for being the biggest moron on Topix and a racist, bigoted, ex man.
Quirky? lol

You crossed the line here.

Location hidden

#100716 Feb 7, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Forcing ones values upon others is a Republican tradition. It's not good enough for a republican to value sobriety. No! A republican must force sobriety upon everyone by amending the constitution prohibiting alcohol. Republicans cannot just refuse to abort their fetuses. They want to force everyone to carry an unwanted pregnancy through to birth. That is the essence of the republican party. Their reason to exist depends upon forcing their values upon those who do not share them. They were founded on the principles of forcing their will upon others even if it means civil war. The republican party has not changed one little bit. They are still cramming their shit down the throats of the masses. It's time to tax the church and abolish the republican party once and for all.
What are you talking about???? What has been forced upon you?

You don't think your party does the same thing? I do not personally believe in abortion except in very specific situations, but I am being forced to pay for something I do not believe in.

I don't see Republicans forcing anything on you! Is fighting for our Constitution wrong???? I don't think so!

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#100717 Feb 7, 2013
huntscoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Well, he's on the right side (in my opinion) but is certainly going about it the wrong way. We could do with less snideness and personal attacks- that's a shortcut to saying "I have nothing to add". Kinda missing Eagle and American Honey's posts, right now.
I been busy the last few days.. Bike week is coming and had to put a brothers 103 ci road king down.. They might snap and pop but never get a fuel injected bike..

Eagle

Location hidden

#100718 Feb 7, 2013
Pok Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
There's an option here. We can either keep US personnel out of harms' way by using drones or we can put boots on the ground and put American lives at risk. Most rational folks will vote for the former.
You aren't getting the point. We place known terrorists in prison, provide them attorneys, and give them every benefit possible. We then seem to think it is not a problem to target and kill Americans based on "intelligence". Obviously our "intelligence" did not serve us well in Benghazi. It is actually scary!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#100719 Feb 7, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, it seems you're bringing the whiskey to the table. Fair enough.
Rose, dearest, did you happen to bring any bottle you've not yet seen the bottom of?(At this point, I'd say the answer is no.)
I don't drink, troll.

My name represents the Irish ballad "My Wild Irish Rose," so you can save all your idiotic insults about the bum wine. I never heard of it until another troll posted the same stupid insults over four years ago.

You're late to the party and just as boring as the previous trolls.

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#100720 Feb 7, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey rose, here is a guy that expresses the same thoughts that you have here;
Piers Morgan Fan Goes On Shooting Rampage, Killing Three…
According to Piers Morgan’s own logic, he’s responsible for this.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/07/piers-morg...
Excuse me? You're another idiot. Buzz off.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100721 Feb 7, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Forgive me if I don't share your sentiment, Rico. I think he got his manifesto out, and there are questions in the mind of the public about the way LAPD operates. Why did ANY innocent people have to DIE for this? Whether or not he was treated unfairly or comes from a culture of cover-up makes no difference in the way HE chose to air his grievance. Those innocents had NOTHING to do with his issues, and he's a depraved coward not to confront directly those he finds responsible personally. It doesn't require anybody to die to make a point.
How many of us have experienced a wrong or unfair treatment in our lives, some losing careers and jobs to outsourcing or illegal or unfair treatment? Does this give us the right to start killing human beings? If he had any brains at all, he would have taken himself out into the private sector and been hired on to provide protection to some celebrity or politician and made even more money. He had the skills and training to have succeeded, but he let bitterness destroy his opportunities. Living well is the best revenge.
LAPD is a corrupt police force but your right, innocent people should not be targets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Merkel, Zerai, Pope Francis all in Nobel Peace ... (Oct '15) Sun VeganTiger 27
News Pricey Molekule Air Purifier Cleans Indoor Poll... May 24 Jayne Marie 1
Fracking: Progress or Poison? (Apr '15) May 24 Into The Night 1,011
News UN: Growing environmental threat from animal-to... May 24 Thinning the Culp... 1
News Pro-nuclear GOP senator urges Tennessee to reje... May 19 Solarman 1
News Lifestyle to blame for rise in asthma cases May 12 NIBarnett 2
News Indonesia takes aim at palm oil after forest fires May 3 xtremes 1
More from around the web