The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393309 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#100182 Feb 6, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, the whole point is that you made it look like the definition for "Conservative" was "open minded".
No where in the definition for "Conservative" does it say "open minded" so you had to add it at the top to make it look like it was part of the definition. That is so dishonest, but not surprising.
What a joke.
<quoted text>
I "did" NO such THING!

Look up "open minded" you dipstick!:)

I did NOT have ANYTHING on here about "Conservatives" ...
I said:
This Conservative IS: "open minded" ... ya LIAR & truth twister ...
``````````

1. Open minded 272 up, 44 down
Open mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or contradictory view.

2.Open minded 180 up, 33 down
An ability to not dismiss an idea with **sneering contempt, simply because it does not fit within your preconceived notions.

7. Open Minded 34 up, 25 down
Being open minded is being willing to give many different practices and opinions consideration.

However, this does NOT equate to tolerance. Tolerance implies being okay with people doing whatever they want. Open mindedness is only giving it consideration.

Unfortunately, many left-leaning people seem to think they're the same, and, as an insult, accuse more conservative people of being close-minded, which makes little sense.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

American Lady
Danville, KY
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#1001662 hrs ago

Judged:332
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
lib·er·al
[ líbb?r?l ]
1.broad-minded: tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others
2.progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
3.generous: freely giving money, time, or some other asset
Conservative-Definition
1.reluctant to accept change: in favor of preserving the status quo and traditional values and customs, and against abrupt change
2.of conservatism: relating to, characteristic of, or displaying conservatism
3.cautious and on low side: cautiously moderate and therefore often less than the final outcome

AL said:
This Conservative IS:

Urban Dictionary: open minded
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php ... mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php ...

BUT

will NOT "tolerate" being
BULLIED

By anyone ...!!! ;0)
==========

**Sneering CONTEMPT is what I'm using on "you" right NOW ...!!! ;0)

"you" ARE the 'joke'...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100183 Feb 6, 2013
Thanks for the right before 'bedtime' LAUGH ...
I'm going to sign off now :)

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100184 Feb 6, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya gotta spread the wealth.. Besides its all government money to begin with anyways..
Eagle
Chicago has a high sales taxes, then there's the gas tax, amusement tax, lease tax, hotel tax, liquor tax, restaurant tax, soft drink tax, wheel tax and parking tax. The people are taxed to death...surely, they can do without the sneaker tax if they stopped wasting the money that is already flowing in. But wait, with all the taxes collected, Chicago is still broke...I wonder why. Bad stewardhsnip.

http://www.civicfed.org/sites/default/files/F...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#100185 Feb 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Thanks for the right before 'bedtime' LAUGH ...
I'm going to sign off now :)
As long as you didn't mind the laugh being at your expenxe I guess we're cool.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#100186 Feb 6, 2013
Top 10 Reasons Why Liberals Are Hypocrites:

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they support free speech, except for those who they disagree with

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they claim to be for the helpless, unless he/she is in the womb

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they claim to be against racism, except when it is displayed in the democratic party

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they’re against big business, unless it’s the federal government

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they’re against religion, unless it’s humanism

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they’re for women’s rights, except for Muslims

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they accuse their opponents of the evils they commit

Liberals Are Hypocrites because they don’t want to impose values on anyone, unless it’s their values

Liberals Are Hypocrites because their lack of compassion is evident by the way they treat those who disagree with them

Liberals Are Hypocrites because their policies harm those they claim to be helping

Since: Dec 11

#100187 Feb 6, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had a problem with people... preferably whites being proud of being white.
I totally support a White Pride Celebration Month.
It can all start out with the fact that for 500 years Whites have committed, land theft & genocide to Native Americans and that today NA's all live on desolate desert land and have lost their culture & way of life forever. White Americans can look back and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Then you can move on to how wonderful the White man held the entire Black race down for 100's of years by treating them unequal and forcing them to build the entire foundation of the USA on the backs of Black slaves while Whites debated on how to steal more slaves from Africa. White Americans can then celebrate the death of Martin Luther King Jr because had he lived, Blacks would have advanced much more that what they did during civil rights movement of the 1960's.
We can add some more discriminatory diversity by addressing the exploitation of Chinese immigrant laborers who built our nations railroads & other infrastructure while making wonderful laws such as the Chinese Exclusion Act because Whites didn't like Mongoloids.
The night time fireworks can begin with the celebration of the Civil War and ponder the many reasons why Southern Whites insisted on keeping slavery.
After that, you can bring up the issue of those pesky Mexicans who White Americans on two historical accounts have forced Mexicans & Mexican Americans out of America under programs titled "The Mexican Repatriation" and "Operation VVetback" after no longer needing their slave labor. White Americans can all eat tacos, call Mexicans vvetbacks, and play pin the tail on the donkey!
At the end of the monthly celebration Whites can all celebrate the end of White pride celebration month by showing the world that their legacy of discrimination to minorities shall continue well into the 21th century by insisting on dealing with todays non-white illegal immigrants in every other way than how they once treated their own White kind when they all entered the pearly gates of Ellis Island.
What an interesting "White Pride Celebration Month" it shall be!
Ok... before you reply... just remember, I'm here for shits & giggles.
Your condescending tone reeks of pseudointellectual bovine fecal matter; poke me with a sharp stick, I'll return your stick and break it off in your delivery dock.
Testosterone contest aside; let me be perfectly clear, racism from any point of origin is still WRONG.
Cultural pride is a good thing, I am like many Americans, so mixed my pedigree would most likely be just that..."Mixed".
I identify with my great grandfather (Irish Immigrant) and great grandmother a full blood descendent of Chief Big Spring.
Do I protest my own lineage? What sense would that make?
What good is racism? Raise your children to see farther than skin color; teach your children to be original thinkers, teach your children that intellect cannot be restrained like sheep.
Teach them to see the world through the eyes of a watchful shepherd...not a wolf or the prey.
youtube

AOL

#100188 Feb 6, 2013

*** 2015 "SIGN" ID's WW3 & Final 7 Years

“Life is what you make of it”

The good ol' USA

#100189 Feb 6, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
What a troll b*tch you are.
From what I've read, you do the same thing. So do I. So does everyone. The thing is, that's MOST of your postings. The Lady NTR posts things that are interesting and informative as does Jaxxon, Eagle, Xman,and (not lately) USMail. Where are yours?

The good ol' USA

#100190 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Did you know that 10 billion is about 5-8% of California's annual budget? Though I'd like to see that number drop.... this is what poor border enforcement is costing the State.
Yes, I knew that- but I also know that Ca is so cash-strapped that it periodically pays it's tax refunds with IOUs, and their Drug Eradication Force has injunctions against it because of the noise their helicopters make while searching for marijuana in the rural areas- perpetuating the drug trade. Idiots run things in that state. Were it not for their industrial infrasrtucture, they'd not have so much money. It has little to do with their state government or middle class (sadly), but with the power wielders in private industry. PS- saw on the news- a lot of them are leaving due to the tax laws being enacted.
higgans

Avon, IN

#100191 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Out of curiosity, what programs do you feel are illegal?
all of the ones your post said SCOTUS said: it is NOT the Fed Govt's job to protect us.

don't YOU find it funny that the Fed Govt doesn't protect OUR jobs but make Food Stamps available?

IT doesn't protect OUR borders but it does have numerous military bases/personnel all around the world and actively plays the role of World Cop?

IT ham-strings private businesses with 1000's of regs yet bails them out when they run afoul of those same regs?

IT can't do the jobs it was formed to do AND it constantly meddles in States' businesses.

but, hey, this has been going on since FOREVER, right? it's ALL good... if Big Govt is on the 'job' what can happen?

let's see, the FG has ACTIVELY taken on poverty, race relations, drugs, public ed, housing, trade, immigration, foreign policy, PEACE, energy... and now health care. what will be the condition of HC AFTER the FG 'handles' it for 2 or 3 decades?

don't YOU feel better about your condition today than even 20 yrs ago? what's your take on our future another 20 yrs down the road?

do YOU trust this version of our FG?

hey, I know... let's put in some safeguards and some checks and balances and a system to monitor this beast so it doesn't over-reach!

Oops! been there, done that...

hurry, hurry, hurry....

Since: Nov 10

Willies head WV

#100192 Feb 6, 2013
Good morning everyone!((HUGS))

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100193 Feb 6, 2013
Figarooo wrote:
My goodness, you're so sweet! lol

Hugs back at ya! ;)

The good ol' USA

#100194 Feb 6, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
all of the ones your post said SCOTUS said: it is NOT the Fed Govt's job to protect us.
don't YOU find it funny that the Fed Govt doesn't protect OUR jobs but make Food Stamps available?
IT doesn't protect OUR borders but it does have numerous military bases/personnel all around the world and actively plays the role of World Cop?
IT ham-strings private businesses with 1000's of regs yet bails them out when they run afoul of those same regs?
IT can't do the jobs it was formed to do AND it constantly meddles in States' businesses.
but, hey, this has been going on since FOREVER, right? it's ALL good... if Big Govt is on the 'job' what can happen?
let's see, the FG has ACTIVELY taken on poverty, race relations, drugs, public ed, housing, trade, immigration, foreign policy, PEACE, energy... and now health care. what will be the condition of HC AFTER the FG 'handles' it for 2 or 3 decades?
don't YOU feel better about your condition today than even 20 yrs ago? what's your take on our future another 20 yrs down the road?
do YOU trust this version of our FG?
hey, I know... let's put in some safeguards and some checks and balances and a system to monitor this beast so it doesn't over-reach!
Oops! been there, done that...
hurry, hurry, hurry....
Very succinct- I might add that it puts our military in harm's way and (recently) downgraded the health care coverage for Active Duty and Retired members. In effect CAUSING much needed enhanced health care by CREATING the situation that caused the need.

The good ol' USA

#100195 Feb 6, 2013
Adding to the list of informative posters (in my opinion) http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TR4NO3... ,
We will add La Santa Muerta, American Honey and American Lady. Even that (registered) Rico makes an informative post on occassion.

Time to go to work- have a nice day, everyone.
higgans

Avon, IN

#100196 Feb 6, 2013
huntscoyotes wrote:
"We hang the petty thieves and the great ones we appoint to high office"- Aesop.
Aesop was what, 3000 yrs ago?

ah, Human Nature...

some people think we have changed and evolved, much like our technology.

idiots...
higgans

Avon, IN

#100197 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You know right wingnuts, they're always going to deflect from the fact that an overwhelming majority of mass murderers are white and right wing.
They can spin it all they want but the only group that the US Government has their eyes on regarding domestic terrorism is your garden variety right winger who's white.
I don't know much but I do know this much:

angry white men with guns formed our Country.

mass murderers are mentally imbalanced, period.

mental illness ca strict any one at any time... even after they pass a back ground check to purchase a weapon.

most of the last several mass killings were done by people that had BOTH mental issues and ILLEGAL guns.

99% of ALL guns in the USA are NEVER involved in an illegal activity... and even less in taking A life.

the vast majority of victims of homicides are killed by either a family member or some one else they know.

hand guns are the No.1 guns used in homicides. law enforcement officers at ALL levels carry hand guns to 'protect and serve'. so should ANY citizen have the same right.

the Second Amed is NOT about recreational or sport shooting. an armed, wary and alert citizenary is a tyrannical government's WORST nightmare. such a government is NOT going to tell you that they want to disarm you or why... until AFTER it has. it WILL cloak its intentions in 'safety' concerns and deceit.

being Free and STAYING Free is a messy and sometimes dangerous and ALWAYS vigilant condition. ask any surviving Native American what he/she thinks about individual gun ownership and, especially, WHAT TYPE OF GUNS.

while you are at it, ask them about TRUSTING the Federal Govt!

idiots....

hurry, hurry, hurry...
higgans

Avon, IN

#100198 Feb 6, 2013
oops... 'ca strict' shud be CAN STRIKE.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100199 Feb 6, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
What defines a "mass murderer"? More than one? More than two?
No mass means you're dealing with negative integers. <sarcasm>
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Might have something to do with the fact that 65 - 70% of the total U.S. population in 2010 was considered "white" by the Census Bureau.
It has nothing to do with that. I has to do with the way right wing radicals disseminate fear mongering and violence. Then you get your head cases that buy into that fear & hate who're always white who go out on these blaze of glory mass murdering of people.
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat and ugly Big Sis Napolitano is petrified of white conservatives.
Nobody is scared of white conservatives. The ideology & race is not a problem. It's the radicalism within that people tend to fear. Left wing radicalism is just as bad.

Since: Dec 11

#100200 Feb 6, 2013
Figarooo wrote:
Good morning Figgy!
Isn't it funny how we all have so many socks we never know which to wear on Wednesday? My friend PhreakkyPhroggy say's hello! ;) Ribbitt!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100201 Feb 6, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
Aesop was what, 3000 yrs ago?
ah, Human Nature...
some people think we have changed and evolved, much like our technology.
idiots...
Politics/Religion is the ability to control the masses by hoodwinking them. So not much has changed over 3000 yrs relating to that aspect. That doesn't make mankind idiots, it simply means that within humanity there are chiefs & indians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 31 scientific societies just told Congress to t... 17 hr The Fact Is 655
News University of Toronto scientists solve puzzle o... Fri CO2 Is Food 1
Fracking: Progress or Poison? (Apr '15) Aug 24 Big ED 1,028
Save The Earth Aug 23 Clive Nerney 1
News Hopes Rise for Underground Carbon Storage Scheme Aug 21 tina anne 1
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? Aug 15 tina anne 122
News Biofuel Blunder? Renewable Fuel Mandate Is Havi... Aug 14 tina anne 10
More from around the web