The President has failed us

There are 393244 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#95962 Jan 26, 2013

Social Security's disability trust fund could fail to cover all benefits early as 2016

By Jim Angle

Published January 25, 2013

FoxNews.com

As President Obama faces pressure on the left to defend federal entitlement programs from the benefit cuts that the Republicans say are necessary to keep the programs solvent decades down the road, one part of Social Security could fall short of paying out full benefits within a few years -- even while Obama is still president.

Over the long term, Social Security and Medicare have promised tens of trillions of dollars more in benefits than the nation can pay for under current policies. But Social Security's disability trust fund is in even worse shape, and current estimates say by 2016 it won't have enough money to pay full benefits.

"That's three years from now," Jim Capretta of the Ethics and Public Policy Center said.“And given the president's rhetoric and his posture, it's quite clear that he has no intention of doing anything about it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/25/so...

#95963 Jan 26, 2013

How deadly can an F-16 be in the wrong hands?

'Hannity' investigation into weapons U.S. is sending to Egypt

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2118144525001/how-...

#95964 Jan 26, 2013
The president has failed us

Reports: Medicare Paid $120M In Illegal Care
January 24, 2013 10:44 AM

MIAMI (AP)— The taxpayer-funded Medicare program paid more than $120 million from 2009 to 2011 in violation of federal law for medical services for inmates and illegal immigrants, according to two reports issued Thursday by federal health officials.

Under federal law, Medicare generally does not pay for services for either group of patients. But the program was billed for more than $33 million in inmate care and more than $91 million for illegal immigrant care over that period, according to the reports from the Department of Health and Human Services inspector general.

In 2011, Medicare expenditures were $549 billion, making Thursday’s figures a fraction of the program’s annual budget. But the reports come as the Obama administration and Congress look for savings in a lean budget year. Putting a dent in Medicare fraud, estimated at $60 billion a year, has the potential for major savings.

Read rest of report below;

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/01/24/reports-...
Quirky

Denver, CO

#95965 Jan 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay c'mon! Roll up your sleeves, gizno!
I won't hit your sides - Ralff needs your livers.
Judging from your Parrot the Patriot Picture , I don`t think you could do much damadge. Your a fat old punk.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#95966 Jan 26, 2013
Shakes the Klown wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want to know that, you gonna throw a party in your mouth?
You do all the time so whats the big deal Huh?

Gey Blade.
Diane

Stevens Point, WI

#95967 Jan 26, 2013
My friends will be back today. Probably hard.
Please listen seriously to what they have to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
It's up to you.
Diane

Stevens Point, WI

#95968 Jan 26, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Namaste, Mail! Me too.
Indeed. Bow to some Indian jiggy that means nothing to America.
Woot woot.
Jimmy

Jamestown, NY

#95969 Jan 26, 2013
Diane wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Bow to some Indian jiggy that means nothing to America.
Woot woot.
Indeed. I agree. LOL!

Since: Feb 09

Lexington, KY

#95970 Jan 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm not feeling brave, hun.
I am brave.
And courageous.
And honest.
And thoughtful.
And decent."
...and nuttier than chipmunk poop.
"I'll take your word for that, I don't have your culinary expertise." Spoken by the lead character (Nicholi Hel) in the book "Shibumi, by Trevanian- always loved that line. I first read theis novel in the mid-seventies. In it, he describes the internet of the present day. The man was a visionary and so far ahead of Al Gore in his prediction of the internet. Anywho- don't you people ever sleep?

Lexington, KY

#95971 Jan 26, 2013
Interesting- the gummint can pen a gun ban bill in days but cannot balance their checkbook for over four years. Nice choices, friends.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#95972 Jan 26, 2013
question Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood on the hands of the Anti-Gun LEFT
http://www.thedailyherald.com/opinion/letters...
Can't dispute the facts. They are also the ones who are inciting insurrection.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#95974 Jan 26, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
I still can't figure out what you two are arguing about. But hey, I got time to kill, tomorrow is Saturday and there's a shitload of snow on the ground. I'll be staying in all weekend long.
http://www.intellicast.com/Travel/Weather/Sno...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#95975 Jan 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't advise anyone to stand up to a superior military force with nothing but an AR15. If you just have to do something, try hooking your tractor up to a 10,000 gallon tank of anhydrous ammonia and drive it to the field upwind from the military encampment then have an "accidental" release of the contents. When they arrest you, you can claim that you were simply trying to fertilize the field but the hose broke releasing the toxic gas and you are sorry about the dead soldiers but it was an accident or something like that. After all, war is deception.
The skilled artist wins it.

Since: Sep 12

Gangster Alley, North America

#95976 Jan 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Can't dispute the facts. They are also the ones who are inciting insurrection.
A very small group of obstreperous right wing nut radicals like you are the one's using fear tactics, fear mongering and in most cases.... outright hyperbole in your conquest of inciting insurrection.

Though I don't agree with everything that I see democrats throwing around in gun control.... I don't see republicans offering anything better than a stone wall attempt that's plagued with little sheep like you who run amuck with the most outrageous blather I have seen on these threads in a long time. Heck... as center-right as I am on any gun issue, people like you in fact push people to the left.

You sound crazy, insane, whacked in your far right ideology of gun control. So where do you draw the line? When Americans end up with RPG's? Seriously... there is no limit for the radical right.

Sure I'd love to have an AR-15 but I can easily get a Mini-14 with a rancher stock and guess what.... I have a gun that shoots the same caliber as an AR-15.

So technically speaking, the Gov't might want to ban specific guns for whatever reason they might have but if you educate yourself about guns you'll soon find out that there are many .223 rifles out there that if the need be.... can easily be converted into fully automatic assault rifles with a few change of parts.

Simply put, I can turn a Mini-14 into a full automatic AR-15 looking assault rife in about 1 hr.

In conclusion... the Mini-14 is not the only rife that's has this configuration, there are many .223 semi-auto [legal] rifles that possess this ability to morph into a fully auto rifle.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#95977 Jan 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Guns have always been prevalent in the USA. Why all of a sudden has there been such an upturn in mass shootings and murder suicides? It isn't hard to figure out. As the marketing of antidepressants have increased so too has the increase in these types of incidents. Not just murder suicides and suicides but people freaking out in bars and other public places forcing the police to use tasers to subdue the suspect only to see his layer use the prescription medication as a defense and courts allowing more and more diversions as a result yet the media remains silent because the companies who make and sell these products pay big bucks to advertise their dope to the masses. And when the public has had enough they divert our attention to guns.
A lot of truth in what you say. Good post.

Lexington, KY

#95978 Jan 26, 2013
-GUERRA- wrote:
<quoted text>
A very small group of obstreperous right wing nut radicals like you are the one's using fear tactics, fear mongering and in most cases.... outright hyperbole in your conquest of inciting insurrection.
Though I don't agree with everything that I see democrats throwing around in gun control.... I don't see republicans offering anything better than a stone wall attempt that's plagued with little sheep like you who run amuck with the most outrageous blather I have seen on these threads in a long time. Heck... as center-right as I am on any gun issue, people like you in fact push people to the left.
You sound crazy, insane, whacked in your far right ideology of gun control. So where do you draw the line? When Americans end up with RPG's? Seriously... there is no limit for the radical right.
Sure I'd love to have an AR-15 but I can easily get a Mini-14 with a rancher stock and guess what.... I have a gun that shoots the same caliber as an AR-15.
So technically speaking, the Gov't might want to ban specific guns for whatever reason they might have but if you educate yourself about guns you'll soon find out that there are many .223 rifles out there that if the need be.... can easily be converted into fully automatic assault rifles with a few change of parts.
Simply put, I can turn a Mini-14 into a full automatic AR-15 looking assault rife in about 1 hr.
In conclusion... the Mini-14 is not the only rife that's has this configuration, there are many .223 semi-auto [legal] rifles that possess this ability to morph into a fully auto rifle.
Very true. All the newbies to this argument may not be aware, but (back in the 70's I worked at a gunshop) there USED to be manufactured an item called an "auto-sear". With just a lit-tle bit of machining on your AR, it would literally drop into a trigger housing and convert an AR into full-auto. these things are rare as hen's teeth and are judiciously tracked by the BATF-E. Don't expect to ever have a chance to buy one. To get the monkey off your back, there are machine gun shoots periodically all over the country. Go to one, pay the price and spray n' pray- get it out of your system. I remember one training day I had the odious task of having my unit fire up 20,000 rounds of M-2 (.50 cal) ammo. I even had a visiting Major cop a squat and fire off a belt. Cleaning those 5 guns was a chore. I personally don't care to own a MG, but some people gotta have 'em. Some shooters are waaaaay into developing wildcat rounds. Some, like me, simply like to target shoot and hunt. Going shooting today with a few .22s and the like. Good times.

#95980 Jan 26, 2013
justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. All the newbies to this argument may not be aware, but (back in the 70's I worked at a gunshop) there USED to be manufactured an item called an "auto-sear". With just a lit-tle bit of machining on your AR, it would literally drop into a trigger housing and convert an AR into full-auto. these things are rare as hen's teeth and are judiciously tracked by the BATF-E. Don't expect to ever have a chance to buy one. To get the monkey off your back, there are machine gun shoots periodically all over the country. Go to one, pay the price and spray n' pray- get it out of your system. I remember one training day I had the odious task of having my unit fire up 20,000 rounds of M-2 (.50 cal) ammo. I even had a visiting Major cop a squat and fire off a belt. Cleaning those 5 guns was a chore. I personally don't care to own a MG, but some people gotta have 'em. Some shooters are waaaaay into developing wildcat rounds. Some, like me, simply like to target shoot and hunt. Going shooting today with a few .22s and the like. Good times.
I'm not even much into target shooting.... but if I did, I'd use my little .22 semi-auto. I do have my heart set on a Mini-14. For one it's legal in California and two... I can convert it if I had too.

I'm fluent in machine tools and even have access to a machine shop where i can goto do the mods. Anyways... I know that's illegal to do for now but then the civil unrest if it were to ever happen, I'd have that rifle is tactical mode in about an hr or two.

I know that not everyone might be able to do that but even if they don't... a semi-auto .223 will still be a good gun... rather than no gun at all.

You gotta remember, I live in California where the gun laws are whacked so when I see Dianne Feinstein coming up with any kind of gun control, I see it as just another attempt by a b*tch to further attack gun owners. It's gotten to the point that I feel the need to bury any banned guns I might inherit down the road in undisclosed locations and hope I never have to exhume them.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#95981 Jan 26, 2013
-GUERRA- wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a "right wing nut radical" and your use of the word "obstreperous" indicates to me your desire to control me and those who oppose you and ilk
Furthermore, all of your blather about guns here indicates that you are nowhere near the "center right" that you claim to be and in actual reality, you and those like you are the far left who are trying to control (with guns) those whom you want to take guns from.
My education and wisdom about the use and mechanics of guns negates the need to brag about what I know about them here, unlike you.
It is the radical left wingers like you that are inciting insurrection so be careful what you and ilk wish for. You just might get it, Guerra.

#95983 Jan 26, 2013
BATF Wash DC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm... have you already performed this highly illegal action, or are you just advertising you'll do it for others? Perhaps for a small fee? Please call us at your earliest convenience. We'd like to discuss a few things with you.
Bring it!!!

#95984 Jan 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>First of all I am not a "right wing nut radical" and your use of the word "obstreperous" indicates to me your desire to control me and those who oppose you and ilk
Furthermore, all of your blather about guns here indicates that you are nowhere near the "center right" that you claim to be and in actual reality, you and those like you are the far left who are trying to control (with guns) those whom you want to take guns from.
My education and wisdom about the use and mechanics of guns negates the need to brag about what I know about them here, unlike you.
It is the radical left wingers like you that are inciting insurrection so be careful what you and ilk wish for. You just might get it, Guerra.
Have you heard the term.... If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck?

Make no mistake about it, the content of your rhetoric is a manifest proof that you're in fact a duck.....

Quack Quack Quack!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 31 scientific societies just told Congress to t... 42 min swampmudd 646
Fracking: Progress or Poison? (Apr '15) Wed Big ED 1,028
Save The Earth Aug 23 Clive Nerney 1
News Hopes Rise for Underground Carbon Storage Scheme Aug 21 tina anne 1
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? Aug 15 tina anne 122
News Biofuel Blunder? Renewable Fuel Mandate Is Havi... Aug 14 tina anne 10
News The piping plover finds a way to recover Aug 14 Big Gay Eric Fanboy 2
More from around the web