The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388515 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#83853 Jan 3, 2013
Judge denies prosecution's motion to block defense witnesses at Aurora Theater Shooter James Holmes hearing.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-ne...

Instead of all this wasting State and Federal Money. Why not just shackle him to a wall and give the Family`s and victims cattle prods and Tasers. Allow them to go in every half hour and torture the little POS!
Lock n Load

Riverside, CA

#83854 Jan 3, 2013
Demand A Real Plan
&fe ature=player_embedded#!

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#83855 Jan 3, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
Colorado Congresswoman Diana DeGette introduces bill to ban large magazines

That's nothing.

Remember the posters claiming that no one wanted to take your guns? They lied;

Illinois Dems advance ban on most modern firearms
“There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering,” the group stated in its alert.“You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the state police and avoid prosecution.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/il...

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#83856 Jan 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We have supported tyrannical dictators for entire generations. Tyrants who control their people by keeping them ignorant and poor. The tyrants sell us their countries resources for personal gain then tell their people that we are cheating them and stealing from them. As technology has advanced to the point that it is impossible for the tyrant to censor the facts, people are becoming educated. The tyrants lies are able to be fact checked and the people wise up and rise up and tyrants fall.
It doesn't just happen in third world countries and remote places either. Right here in the USA we have people who self sensor refusing to see the other side. We also have state sponsored censorship keeping certain news outlets off the airwaves by outright banning them or through a system of intentional misinformation so that the sheeple will tune it out.
Look at Aljazeera for instance. This news outlet has been struggling for an outlet here in the US even though it has won numerous international Journalism Awards including The Franklin D Roosevelt Four Freedoms Awards, Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award - Grand Prize, The George Foster Peabody Award and the Amnesty International Media Award just to name a few.
They have hard hitting in your face reporting that doesn't always line up with what our leaders are telling us so they are kept out of the so called main stream media that we have here in the US. Our news outlets are kept under control by issuing passes to the press. If the government doesn't like the press, they don't issue a pass so the press is forced to toe the line. As a result we get 24/7 coverage to tabloid sensationalism as the real news scrolls across the bottom of the TV screen with a cluster of graphics flashing over that when they don't want you to read what it says.
It's pretty sad that the only ones talking about real news here in the western world are the comedians. Everyone else are listening to whatever they want to hear. Don't want to hear about the great things Obama is doing? Watch Fox News. Don't want to hear about the bad things Obama is doing? Watch MSNBC. Want to listen to a foreigner interviewing washed up has been people? Watch Piers Morgan on CNN. Just don't expect any news.
I agree with you to the extent that I try to read around the web. Some sites I've marked off my list because they are so biased in how they present information. Still, if you read about the same topic on diverse sites, somewhere along the way you will reach a conclusion about what YOU think. I seldom watch news. I read it. I have a television beside me, and it's rarely on. I'm less influenced that way. I like to read the blogs of people who are working in the field itself. I like The Economist primarily because I appreciate the comments - even more than the articles themselves. You can count on getting the views from a global perspective - outsiders looking in and opining on American politics, policies and economics. Good site.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#83857 Jan 3, 2013
hehehe wrote:
Democrats pull plug on gun, ammo bans
http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-regional/il...
Looks like I was five minutes late with my post wasn't I? But they tried and they will try again.

“Flagged and reported ”

Since: Jul 10

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#83858 Jan 3, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, I disagree, WIC. did not Obama and Co. get what THEY wanted and the Reps give in.... again?
stop whinning... ur side WON. get the 'recovery' going... FULL TILT. the Progressives OWN both Parties' leadership. so what that there are a few hold-outs. throw-backs to a bygone era. they, too, need to get with the New Reality.
will ur side embrace them or ???
so far it seems ur's are NOT very graceful WINNERS. how much flesh and blood will satisfy ur needs? hurry up and tell us, so we can make the proper sacrifices and ur new society can really kick in!
hell, u guys post like YOUR side lost....
So after 4 years of Republican stonewalling, Repubs finally see the light, give some bi-partisanship and you want to claim that Democrats are now getting everything that they want and run the show?

Pffftt!!!!

It seems like you've been conditioned to believe that if Republicans are not ruining the USA by filibustering, stonewalling and committing malicious acts of sabotage... they're no longer in control.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#83859 Jan 3, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
Judge denies prosecution's motion to block defense witnesses at Aurora Theater Shooter James Holmes hearing.
Instead of all this wasting State and Federal Money. Why not just shackle him to a wall and give the Family`s and victims cattle prods and Tasers. Allow them to go in every half hour and torture the little POS!
Hey "Q" ...
I'm not "certain" he did it!
Lots of particulars weren't/aren't there.

Dig and I'm sure you can find news to agree with me ...
Do NOT take any NEWS from 'lamestreamedia' at face value ANYMORE!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#83860 Jan 3, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not worth it, WA.
Truth is I'm not sure anyone understood what I meant. They simply chose to misinterpret or just call it wrong or stupid without even asking.
It's about having control of your thoughts instead of letting every sensory stimulus control you and your responses. That's ALL it meant basically. I never said that senses don't influence thought. But these people chose to make a huge issue over it just to attack and belittle like they always do.
However, there are some philosophers who do believe that thought exists in pure form (Plato) and that the senses function completely independently. It's complex and not for those who want to trivialize and be petty.
Enjoy your day, WA.
This is too tiresome and boring for me.
I understood you perfectly. We may not be able to change how we "feel" about something from the standpoint of "senses", but we are able to use our brains to figure out what we want to do about what we feel, and it's logic that should be the guiding force, the rational interpretation of sensation and senses that forms the basis for action. Otherwise, we'd be no different than animals - acting and reacting on nothing but primitive instinct, the "ding" "salivate" response.

“Flagged and reported ”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#83861 Jan 3, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing.
Remember the posters claiming that no one wanted to take your guns? They lied;
Illinois Dems advance ban on most modern firearms
“There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering,” the group stated in its alert.“You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the state police and avoid prosecution.”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/il...
Another classic case of the gun crazies crying that the sky is falling!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#83862 Jan 3, 2013
U.N troops in America doing Martial Law drills

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#83863 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
"How does one respond to another that says:
" I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes"?"
And intelligent and mature adult would say: "That's an interesting idea, Rose. What do you mean by that? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying."
But the ignorant, childish and unsophisticated nitwit will carry on for page after page just spamming the thread with a comment he couldn't understand just for the sake of attacking and belittling a person.
It's out of your depth, troll.
Read some Plato, Aristotle and Socrates and get back to me in about 10 years.
And now you pull out the sophism card to defend your calling yourself stupid????
That's illegal and you know it. You won't let yourself see this. [email protected] because you said: "I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes"
BTW, Are you illegal? HAHAHAHAHA!

“Flagged and reported ”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#83864 Jan 3, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a mean-spirited, heartless statement. And totally, incredibly untrue.
By the way, this was not made to start a dialog with you -- I have no desire for that. Your mind and heart are irretrievably lost to all common decency (along with many others - on all sides - on these boards).
When are you going to take the AR-15 out of your rear end and finally realize that the USA has a serious gun problem?

“Flagged and reported ”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#83865 Jan 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
U.N troops in America doing Martial Law drills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yrhYk2mbfskXX
Good, next will be you.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#83866 Jan 3, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you to the extent that I try to read around the web. Some sites I've marked off my list because they are so biased in how they present information. Still, if you read about the same topic on diverse sites, somewhere along the way you will reach a conclusion about what YOU think. I seldom watch news. I read it. I have a television beside me, and it's rarely on. I'm less influenced that way. I like to read the blogs of people who are working in the field itself. I like The Economist primarily because I appreciate the comments - even more than the articles themselves. You can count on getting the views from a global perspective - outsiders looking in and opining on American politics, policies and economics. Good site.
"Some sites I've marked off my list because they are so biased in how they present information."

Posters are the same way and last year allot of us decided not to believe something just because you said it. You aren't the player you once were on Topix.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#83868 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
No it was not the "epitome of stupidity" at all.
What's stupid is YOU and your senseless and childish spamming over something you simply didn't understand, so you chose to criticize and attack and insult instead of discuss like an adult would.
There was nothing wrong or stupid about my comment. It was YOUR silly reactions that were stupid. You have a problem with ideas that frighten you or you can't comprehend.
Grow up, Posey. You have the intellectual capacity of a toad and the maturity level of a four-year-old.
Your only purpose for this ridiculous obsessing over that one comment was to make yourself feel superior in some way. You failed and only made yourself appear foolish, ignorant and intellectually bankrupt.
You're boring besides and no challenge on any level.
"I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes."

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T ...
There is no challenge. I concur with you. I now know you don't let your senses dictate your thought processes. You said so yourself. LMAO Of the century.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#83869 Jan 3, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I understood you perfectly. We may not be able to change how we "feel" about something from the standpoint of "senses", but we are able to use our brains to figure out what we want to do about what we feel, and it's logic that should be the guiding force, the rational interpretation of sensation and senses that forms the basis for action. Otherwise, we'd be no different than animals - acting and reacting on nothing but primitive instinct, the "ding" "salivate" response.
Ya should. Rumor has it you're her ghost writer.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#83870 Jan 3, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know John Fitzgerald Kennedy almost lost the '60 election because he was Catholic?
Nope had no clue but you would think that unless he was a High figure such as a Mormon to be a Bishop or Stake President it would be alright, I mean we can't shed out all of Christianity now can we? What an interesting second name don't think I was aware of that either, isn't there some other famous person with the last name Fitzgerald?

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#83871 Jan 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>How does one respond to another that says:
" I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes"?
Can anybody answer this?.....Not you, Rose because you don't let your senses dictate your thought processes.
You are not capable of any rational answer.
Anybody else? ROTFLMAO!
Does Obama let his senses dictate his thought processes?
I don't think he does much but Rose doesn't at all.
SHE DOESN'T LET THEM.....
She said so herself.
It's sounding to me that you're letting your emotions dictate your thought processes right now. Are emotions also part of your senses?

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#83872 Jan 3, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya should. Rumor has it you're her ghost writer.
Those are the rumors that are started by the haters. Like I said before....NO ONE WRITES FOR ROSE OR NTR. They are different people with some things they agree on and other things they may not. But you don't see either jumping down the others throat for not agreeing.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#83873 Jan 3, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text> I try to oblige when I can.
I agree. One should if one can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Climate change implicated in France floods 10 hr Into The Night 25
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... 10 hr litesong 117
News 31 scientific societies just told Congress to t... 12 hr litesong 7
News Think of the children 13 hr IB DaMann 4
News College Kid: I'm Scared Of Having Kids Because ... Jun 29 tina anne 3
News Funding for Hamilton Harbour Clean-up Jun 29 Randle Reef 1
News Three Amigos to align on climate, clean energy ... Jun 28 Canada Day Wknd 1
More from around the web