The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 328657 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#71192 Dec 10, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
..."I can't believe how low our americans have stooped having him reelected...."
You know what I can't believe?
I can't believe that one after another you bitter right wing nuts are busy slamming the American people just because you didn't get your way.
The only problem with the American people is you.
You are wrong Jack! It has NOTHING to do with our not getting our way. It is all about this country and what is happening to it. "The President Has Failed Us". That is why I came to this thread.

It is about the economy, unemployment, those who are underemployed, the increase in spending, the national debt of over $16 trillion and rising, the growing number of people on food stamps and other government entitlement programs, foreign policy, secrecy, ignoring the constitution, etc. etc.

I get that the majority of libs on this thread evidently do not have major problems with how Obama is handling these matters, but I DO!!! These are all matters which disturb me deeply or I wouldn't still be here.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#71193 Dec 10, 2012
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are Bipolar Dude Remember?? Oh , Wait you can`t remember cause your bipolar! Sleep walking , Ambien slamming Dude. It`s your anger and sleep depravation problem. Get over it wimpy boy!
By the way if you would just let go of your racist views you would feel much better!
He would rather go gay. LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71194 Dec 10, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your avatar picture looks like you.....empty.
Yours acts like you.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#71196 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Oh shut the hell up! I don't require your attention nor do I want it from you or your many socks. Your sole purpose here is to spread ridicule and hate. You and your socks contribute to the same things that you claim to abhor. friggin hypocrites. I will eventually prove it too. You can bet on it. Hahahaha.
America is truly the land of opportunity.
You will never prove that Rose is any other poster. She isn't! You can't prove something that's not true.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71197 Dec 11, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong Jack! It has NOTHING to do with our not getting our way. It is all about this country and what is happening to it. "The President Has Failed Us". That is why I came to this thread.
It is about the economy, unemployment, those who are underemployed, the increase in spending, the national debt of over $16 trillion and rising, the growing number of people on food stamps and other government entitlement programs, foreign policy, secrecy, ignoring the constitution, etc. etc.
I get that the majority of libs on this thread evidently do not have major problems with how Obama is handling these matters, but I DO!!! These are all matters which disturb me deeply or I wouldn't still be here.
Based on the silent readers that send me mail you would receive hundreds of props for this one post as they too are deeply disturbed by what is happening as well.
Very well said, RH.

Location hidden

#71198 Dec 11, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>It takes much more then one, two, four or even eight years to destroy the economy. We were on a down hill swing when President Obama took office. I do think that things were much worse then anyone thought at that time. But he has stopped the free fall and we have started back up. It won't get fixed over night nor even in four years. But God willing and the creek don't rise we will get back on track soon.
And I have been hearing that for 4 years! Obama eagerly ran for election so he should have put a little effort in to see what the problems were before promising the sun and the moon!

I realize everything cannot be corrected over night, but I only see things getting worse. My opinion.

Location hidden

#71199 Dec 11, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Based on the silent readers that send me mail you would receive hundreds of props for this one post as they too are deeply disturbed by what is happening as well.
Very well said, RH.
Thank you posi! I am truly concerned for our country and the future of our children and grandchildren! Saddens me to think of what they will face and how history will label our generation.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71200 Dec 11, 2012
American Lady wrote:
With the BIG 0 in charge ...
This is what is happening ... ;0)
It's quite FUNNY, in a way ...
No one will be paying taxes for the "couch potatoes" to lay around on :)
Then WHAT will the obots DO ???
==========
Americans Renouncing Citizenship at Record Levels to Protect Wealth
NEW YORK -- America's rich are renouncing their citizenship at record levels -- just to get richer.
Startling new data from Uncle Sam show that defections by Americans are expected to double this year, largely to avoid any stiff tax bills resulting from the proposed 55 percent hike on the rich, as well as the likely Dec. 31 expiration of the Bush-era tax cuts.
As many as 8,000 US citizens are projected by immigration officials to renounce in 2012, or about 154 a week, versus 3,805 in 2011, or about 73 per week.
"High-net-worth individuals are making decisions that having a US passport just isn't worth the cost anymore," according to Jim Duggan, a lawyer at Duggan Bertsch, which specializes in protecting assets of the wealthy. "They're able to do what they do from any place in the world, and they're choosing to do it from places with much lower tax rates."
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/06...
Just as I predicted and just as I was thinking of doing at one time. I haven't entirely discarded that thought yet either as personal security whether financial or otherwise is to me paramount. I just want the freedom to be secure and not "more secure than ever" as some in govt would say in regards to our borders.

Location hidden

#71201 Dec 11, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose that might be the 2 Trillion dollars that Mitt Romney planned to provide the Defense Department that they hadn't even requested? Surely, this won't upset you, will it?
Seriously, if you want to attribute increasing state and local taxes to Obama, you would have been hysterical under Romney, because his plan absolutely COUNTED ON foisting responsibility back to the states in the same way he balanced the budget in Massachusetts via increasing fees and local taxes on property. I just have great difficulty taking anything about your protests seriously in light of your previous support for Mitt Romney. It's entirely hypocritical.
I have consistently said that I believed we would ALL have to experience pain to get our deficit paid down and our economy back on track. Nothing changed with Obama's election aside from the degree and extent of the austerity program and how quickly or slowly it will be phased in. We'll just be including the wealthiest in the formula under Obama than providing them more money under Romney.
I have the same difficulty taking you seriously in light of your constant support of Obama and his policies. I was not blaming Obama for increasing state and local taxes so how am I being hypocritical????

I have no problem experiencing pain to get our deficit paid down and our economy back on track. Not at all! I would rather experience it than for my grandchildren to down the road. The problem is that Obama is doing NOTHING to decrease our deficit and wants to spend MORE!!! Increasing taxes on the rich will not produce nearly enough to offset what he continues to spend.

Location hidden

#71202 Dec 11, 2012
Well guess everyone left. Time to go to bed.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71203 Dec 11, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>You will never prove that Rose is any other poster. She isn't! You can't prove something that's not true.
You simply can't convince me. Don't try to. Convince us here that the president hasn't failed. With some links including sources. There are much more links supporting the statement that the president has failed than there are that support otherwise.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71204 Dec 11, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have been hearing that for 4 years! Obama eagerly ran for election so he should have put a little effort in to see what the problems were before promising the sun and the moon!
I realize everything cannot be corrected over night, but I only see things getting worse. My opinion.
She says " But he has stopped the free fall " ......
She doesn't realize he has not stopped "the fall of free" and he has in fact contributed to "the fall of free" in accordance with other than American principles, IMAO.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71205 Dec 11, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you posi! I am truly concerned for our country and the future of our children and grandchildren! Saddens me to think of what they will face and how history will label our generation.
I am not too concerned about how we will be labeled but more so about why we will be labeled. I believe that we will be labeled for our wisdom and predictive prowness based on history plus experience. And why? Because we told them what would come to pass and we could become the "told you so" generation as a result.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71206 Dec 11, 2012
It is a mathematical certainty that our economy will totally collapse with the current debt.
We simply cannot carry this debt.
Is there any rational reason why we should?
I say no.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#71207 Dec 11, 2012
ObamaCare Fee Likely to Hit Workers

New insurance fee under Obama's health care overhaul will cost some companies millions, with most of that likely being passed to workers and consumers.

http://www.foxnews.com/

How's that "Change" coming?

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#71209 Dec 11, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
New insurance fee under Obama's health care overhaul will cost some companies millions, with most of that likely being passed to workers and consumers.
Hundreds of times better than the alternative! Thanks for asking.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71210 Dec 11, 2012
Cricket 23 wrote:
Like a spear to the heart of our nation.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#71211 Dec 11, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us some credited. We are very aware of the items you listed and how they were financed. Per the following article, we need $2 trillion to update our infrastructure. Wonder where this funding will come from considering our economic circumstances???
Study:$2 trillion needed for U.S. infrastructure
By Ashley Halsey III,May 16, 2011
The United States is falling dramatically behind much of the world in rebuilding and expanding an overloaded and deteriorating transportation network it needs to remain competitive in the global marketplace, according to a new study by the Urban Land Institute.
Burdened with soaring deficits and with long-term transportation plans stalled in Congress, the United States has fallen behind three emerging economic competitors Brazil, China and India, the institute said.
The report envisions a time when, like Detroit, U.S. cities may opt to abandon services in some districts and when lightly used blacktopped rural roads would be allowed to return to nature. Eventually, the report says, the federal gas tax will be increased; local governments will be allowed to toll interstate highways; water bills will rise to pay for pipe and sewer replacement; property and sales taxes will increase; and private, profit-seeking companies will play a much larger role in funding and maintaining public projects.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-05-16...
Wasn't B.O. going to use some of the $863 Billion to pay for updating our infrastructure?

I guess he used most of it to buy votes from the Unions instead!

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#71212 Dec 11, 2012
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
More Proof that your Father was disapointed in you. Due to your inability to disern what you are or who you want to be. MR. Budda Boy!
My My , You were a advocate for the JDL, Then you were a Christain , then you are a Terrorist, and attemting to be a Budda! What a dumbazz MOFO! Hey you could get some real recognition if you contact the Talaban and sell them some of your Bomb Belts you have in your garage?? HMMMMM ?? Maybe the Palistinians too !! Wow Man ! Better yet Join the Muslim Brotherhood DUDE!! Yeah thats the ticket!
You're so full of it Q. I've never seen someone talk so much smack to others as you do. You talk about your brothers eye having a splinter when you have a log on your own shoulder. Perhaps you might want to take care of your own problems before you try to distort others.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#71213 Dec 11, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> You're mistaken, because frankly, the only thing you're focused on is tax hikes on the rich. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but your non-stop whining is full of your real agenda. You don't care about "the children". I don't buy that for a minute. You're the same b*tch who doesn't support increasing public schools funding, and without these children getting a proper education, they'll be even more deeply burdened than you can imagine. INVESTING in America is required, not incidental or something you eliminate in order to cope with the deficit. We can, in fact, cut our way into complete stagnation where nobody here has any hope. You're the same b*tch who resents WIC payments to feed children whose brains are being developed and which, without adequate nutrition, they will never have good minds. Once that window closes, it slams shut. Do you want a bunch of dimwitted idiots running the streets, or would you prefer we have people capable of holding a job and contributing?
Whine, whine, whine. You somehow believe that anybody who sees the absolute need to invest in America (which does involve spending money) is somehow liberal as opposed to thoughtful about the future. Nobody assumes raising tax rates on the wealthy is going to solve our problems. It simply displaces the immediate burden away from those who can least afford to be taxed more in favor of maintaining some level of support where it is greatly needed to avoid hunger and misery. It leaves consumer money in the hands of consumers to help maintain and/or boast demand for goods and services - mandatory if we are to lift the economy and production and create jobs. Otherwise everybody can continue in decline as will the infrastructure.
If we don't invest in a crumbling infrastructure now, how do you expect us to compete in a global environment? We're heading for failure without those kinds of investments.
The President has made it clear that he is willing to make spending cuts, and he is willing to discuss changes to both Medicare and Social Security - just not on a moment's notice. He's demanded changes be thoughtful and that any restructure is given the kind of consideration it requires not to harm Americans who have spent their working lives paying for this program. It isn't some d*mned "freebie". They've paid for the privilege and without having any option as long as they worked on somebody's payroll.
I'm very harsh with you because I don't believe much of anything you say since you never say anything that isn't negative or fearful or slanderous about the President.
Why don't you say where we should invest, or if you think we can regain a position of strength in a global competitive economy by simply cutting our way to success? How does that work? What economic model is that?
Investment in America is not going to happen until the investment climate in America improves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fracking: Progress or Poison? 5 hr NinaRocks 445
News Updated NASA Data: Global Warming Not Causing A... 5 hr IBdaMann 25
News French bill seeks to boost renewable energy, cu... Tue Solarman 1
News Is It Time to End Ethanol Vehicle Fuel Mandates? (Apr '13) May 26 litesong 8
News 7 Christian Denominations With Most Conservativ... May 21 Free of man-made ... 7
News 'Greatest university' curbs fossil fuel investm... May 21 Earthling-1 3
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... May 19 ELIAS IBARRA 24
More from around the web