The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70944 Dec 10, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
June 20, 2012
Obama's Patriotism
Upon my return to my office, I read of the repulsive comments of liberal radio show host Bill Press, calling the national anthem "stupid" and stating, "I'm embarrassed, I'm embarrassed every time I hear it." This abhorrent garbage followed on the heels of the news of a New York City elementary school principal who prohibited kindergarteners from singing "God Bless the USA" at their graduation ceremony, replacing it with Justin Bieber's "Baby." After drawing national attention, the Bieber song was also dropped from the event, but the NYC Schools chancellor refused to reinstate the singing of "USA," which includes the following lyrics:
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
But above and beyond these shameful examples, it is Obama who exemplifies the lack of patriotism on the left. The first sign that Obama's sentiments regarding the "Star Spangled Banner" might mirror those of left-wing nut Press can be seen in a video clip from 2007, in which candidate Obama did not place his hand over his heart during the singing of the national anthem, while every other honored guest did so.
NOW go SUCK a ROTTEN Egg w/X-Man-
AL, I had to remove some of your post. Knew you wouldn't mind.

The True Meaning of Patriotism

I subscribe to a patriotism rooted in ideas that in turn gave birth to a country, but it’s the ideas that I think of when I’m feeling patriotic. I’m a patriotic American because I revere the ideas that motivated the Founders and compelled them, in many instances, to put their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor on the line.

What ideas? Read the Declaration of Independence again. Or, if you’re like most Americans these days, read it for the very first time. It’s all there. All men are created equal. They are endowed not by government but by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. Premier among those rights are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Government must be limited to protecting the peace and preserving our liberties, and doing so through the consent of the governed. It’s the right of a free people to rid themselves of a government that becomes destructive of those ends, as our Founders did in a supreme act of courage and defiance more than two hundred years ago.

Call it freedom. Call it liberty. Call it whatever you want, but it’s the bedrock on which this nation was founded and from which we stray at our peril. It’s what has defined us as Americans. It’s what almost everyone who has ever lived on this planet has yearned for. It makes life worth living, which means it’s worth fighting and dying for.

This brand of patriotism, in fact, gets me through the roughest and most cynical of times. My patriotism is never affected by any politician’s failures, or any shortcoming of some government policy, or any slump in the economy or stock market. I never cease to get that “rush” that comes from watching Old Glory flapping in the breeze, no matter how far today’s generations have departed from the original meaning of those stars and stripes. No outcome of any election, no matter how adverse, makes me feel any less devoted to the ideals our Founders put to pen in 1776. Indeed, as life’s experiences mount, the wisdom of what giants like Jefferson and Madison bestowed on us becomes ever more apparent to me. I get more fired up than ever to help others come to appreciate the same things.

Freedom—understanding it, living it, teaching it, and supporting those who are educating others about its principles. That, my fellow Americans, is what patriotism should mean to each of us today.

Read more: http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/the-tru...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#70945 Dec 10, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..."of a personal nature?"
What a freakin' wuss.
You posted it, we're discussing it.
Nothing personal about that moron.
We can move on any time you want.
Yes, Jack. I winked and agreed with another poster and you are discussing me instead of the failure Obama as per the topic and making me the subject of your drama.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#70946 Dec 10, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw a bill for my first dose of my new medicine. I have had 6 so far and I will get them monthly for the life of my kidney (Don't forget, I am attached to that). It was $7,300.00. That is just one of many medicines I must continue to take.
$7,300 per dose, once a month, for life...and that's just one of many medicines you need.

How ya payin' for that ralff?

Now, before you go off on one of your tangents, you're right, it's none of my business how you pay for your medicines, but here's the point...

One way or another, the rest of us are going to be picking up the tab for the life saving medicines you need but can't afford.

Not a problem as far as I'm concerned, but it puts all that republican primary talk about "if they can't afford the care they need let them die" crap in a whole new light doesn't it?

You made the right choice voting for Obama.

:)

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#70947 Dec 10, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! Happy Holidays to you also.
Thank you RHoney. I hope it's a special and Happy Holiday for you and yours as well.

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#70948 Dec 10, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
But according to the gang of liberal thugs on this thread (by now you know who they are) we MUST accept this from rose because she is rose and one of them.
What a total load of crap, Ralffy. You really are a pathetic little wuss who can only get attention by lying and posting childish accusations.

There is no "gang of liberal thugs" on this thread, and only someone with a childish mindset like yours would have this "us versus them" mentality. In fact, it's how most of you conservatives post on these threads with a very few exceptions. It's YOU who posts like you're part of a gang, but you're desperate to enlist anyone, and just about anyone will do. You're not particular when you're desperate.

You got your ass handed to you last night with the truth, and now you're trying to get even like the whiny-ass little boy you are.

I am not "one of them." I'm only myself and speak only for myself. I happen to know other independent thinkers here I call friends, but there is no "gang of thugs."

Grow the f*ck up!

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#70949 Dec 10, 2012
-Dont Panic- wrote:
A far right wing tea bag republican votes against a man, utter slanderous lies about that man, his actions, his race, his upbringing, his nationality, his education, his sexuality, his spouse, his children, his friendships, his beliefs, and his accomplishments non stop for four long years, then expect everyone to take them serious when they create a thread on a public forum titled: "The President has failed us".
Was this thread ever intended to be a topic of debate? Or, was the intent of the creator of this thread to create a thread where he/she could argue and fight with anyone who disagreed the the statement "The President has failed us"?
I say it was the latter. What say you?
Keep it nice, use your own words and NO FIGHTING!
I agree. I assumed the thread was created to libel and slander the President, and since I was sick and tired of reading lies and slander about the man and had decided to vote for him, I thought I'd come argue with the Obama haters by pointing out the inaccuracies of their perspectives where I believed I could.

Besides, it was either put Obama's tenure in perspective with what he inherited and what is happening elsewhere in the world, or get behind the opposition - a flip-flopping shill for globalists and the elite who simply couldn't concern himself with anybody who wasn't in the club of well-heeled Americans. No contest;-)

Forum

#70950 Dec 10, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Oh but I'm not. I just winked and agreed with another poster was all. Deal with it and move on.
You "agreed with another poster" who accused me of being a "sock." It was a lie then and it's still a lie. YOU deal with the fact that you're a liar and move on, POS.

Oh but you are a liar.

This isn't the first time you have accused me of being a "sock" or using "socks." And it's a lie.

Do you like being lied about, POSEY?

People with integrity generally don't.

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#70951 Dec 10, 2012
A lot of posters on these threads have been saying this all along......

The single biggest sytory of 2012

By DYLAN BYERS
12/10/12 4:11 PM EST

The Huffington Post's Dan Froomkin takes a big swipe at "the mainstream media" today, accusing all involved of having "bungled the single biggest story of the 2012 campaign" -- "Namely, the radical right-wing, off-the-rails lurch of the Republican Party, both in terms of its agenda and its relationship to the truth."

Froomkin hooks his piece to the arguments of Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein, who spent the 2012 campaign making this very point and combatting the "false equivalency" the media has created between Republicans and Democrats for the sake of "balance." In fact, Mann and Ornstein argue, the Republicans have become far more conservative than Democrats have become liberal, redefining the center. More to the point, some Republicans have lied and manipulated facts.

If Mann and Ornstein's argument sounds familiar, that's because you may have read similar arguments months ago in the pages of POLITICO:

“Steadily the moderates have all disappeared,” Poole said.“The moderate Southern Democrats were replaced by Republicans and then, one by one, the moderate Republicans were replaced either by Democrats or conservative Republicans.”

Poole and research partner Howard Rosenthal of New York University have written that Republicans have become more conservative faster than Democrats have become more liberal.

“The Republican Party has been steadily moving to the right since the 1970s,” Poole said.“The Republicans have moved about three times the speed to the right as the Democrats have moved to the left."

...or The New Yorker:

Polarization also has affected the two parties differently. The Republican Party has drifted much farther to the right than the Democratic Party has drifted to the left. Jacob Hacker, a professor at Yale, whose 2006 book,“Off Center,” documented this trend, told me, citing Poole and Rosenthal’s data on congressional voting records, that, since 1975,“Senate Republicans moved roughly twice as far to the right as Senate Democrats moved to the left” and “House Republicans moved roughly six times as far to the right as House Democrats moved to the left.” In other words, the story of the past few decades is asymmetric polarization.

Two well-known Washington political analysts, Thomas Mann, of the bipartisan Brookings Institution, and Norman Ornstein, of the conservative American Enterprise Institute, agree. In a forthcoming book about Washington dysfunction,“It’s Even Worse Than It Looks,” they write,“One of our two major parties, the Republicans, has become an insurgent outlier—ideologically extreme, contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime, scornful of compromise, unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science, and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.”

But you get what Froomkin's saying, right? He's not saying no one covered it. He's just saying, the mainstream media didn't turn it into a front-page story, a cause, an issue to trump the day-to-day horserace coverage wherein the media reported on what politicians said.

More to the point, Froomkin takes issue with the media reporting what politicians said without holding them accountable to fact. Never mind that a presidential campaign has never seen so many fact-checking organizations. Citing Mann and Ornstein, Froomkin argues that "fact-checking made things worse" -- because POLITICIANS IGNORED FACT-CHECKERS, and because even fact-checkers felt obliged to show balance.

If only the media had called attention to the lies!... like they did almost unanimously when Mitt Romney made that "inaccurate auto ad" (Time), made claims about Obama shredding welfare reform that were "wrong" (CNN), or made the "somewhat misleading claim" that Obama cut $716 billion out of Medicare (L.A. Times).

Since: Feb 07

Puerto Rico

#70952 Dec 10, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>And I am again going to repeat what I said originally in the first place long ago. EVERYBODY is a liar to some degree. That is the REAL logic.
That isn't logic. That's an opinion. Some people actually consistently choose to tell the truth, regardless of consequences, rather than living with having told a lie. Get some new friends.

Ghost Rider was one of the most prolific liars ever to post on this forum, and even HE didn't trust you. Liars lack integrity.

Forum

#70953 Dec 10, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
No way! Jack, rose and NTR are PREFECT! Get used to it!
Lol!
Words of a four-year-old girl.

Just add "Neener, neener, neener" to your stupid comments why don't you?

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#70954 Dec 10, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
$7,300 per dose, once a month, for life...and that's just one of many medicines you need.
How ya payin' for that ralff?
Now, before you go off on one of your tangents, you're right, it's none of my business how you pay for your medicines, but here's the point...
One way or another, the rest of us are going to be picking up the tab for the life saving medicines you need but can't afford.
Not a problem as far as I'm concerned, but it puts all that republican primary talk about "if they can't afford the care they need let them die" crap in a whole new light doesn't it?
You made the right choice voting for Obama.
Now, if only he could stop talking smack about the man and his policies which policies stand between himself and death (maybe too strong a word, but not at all implausible).

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#70955 Dec 10, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Jack. I winked and agreed with another poster and you are discussing me instead of the failure Obama as per the topic and making me the subject of your drama.
"...you are discussing me instead of the failure Obama as per the topic and making me the subject of your drama."

And who was this "Jack" that you and ralff were just discussing?

Is he the subject of this thread or are you just a complete hypocrite?

Dweeb.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#70956 Dec 10, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I have HAD/WILL have MORE ...
To AGREE with the "sentiment" of the poster ...
obama HAS FAILED US ...
And "I" will continue putting INFO on here to PROVE iT !!!...
Is THAT "nice" enuf ??? ;0)
May as WELL be w/ME ...
Cause I'm gonna DO IT !!!:0)
Unless I'm "banned" ...~_^
So you agree this thread was created as a lure to a fight? Or, Do you believe this thread was created as a place to debate?

I couldn't tell by the answer you gave.

I already suspected that you agreed with the title of the thread. As far as the links you post being "Proof" ... that is debatable.

All I'm saying is since you never voted for President Obama in the first place he could not have "Failed" you. The candidate that lost "Failed" you.

I voted for President Obama both times. I don't believe he has "Failed" me. He has lived up to all my expectations. I would have liked it more had he shoved everything in his agenda down the throats of the republican party back in 2009 while his party held a majority in both houses, but I do understand the concept of reaching accross the isle.

Forum

#70957 Dec 10, 2012
Vorenus wrote:
A lot of posters on these threads have been saying this all along......
The single biggest sytory of 2012
By DYLAN BYERS
12/10/12 4:11 PM EST
The Huffington Post's Dan Froomkin takes a big swipe at "the mainstream media" today, accusing all involved of having "bungled the single biggest story of the 2012 campaign" -- "Namely, the radical right-wing, off-the-rails lurch of the Republican Party, both in terms of its agenda and its relationship to the truth."
Froomkin hooks his piece to the arguments of Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein, who spent the 2012 campaign making this very point and combatting the "false equivalency" the media has created between Republicans and Democrats for the sake of "balance." In fact, Mann and Ornstein argue, the Republicans have become far more conservative than Democrats have become liberal, redefining the center. More to the point, some Republicans have lied and manipulated facts.
If Mann and Ornstein's argument sounds familiar, that's because you may have read similar arguments months ago in the pages of POLITICO:
“Steadily the moderates have all disappeared,” Poole said.“The moderate Southern Democrats were replaced by Republicans and then, one by one, the moderate Republicans were replaced either by Democrats or conservative Republicans.”
Poole and research partner Howard Rosenthal of New York University have written that Republicans have become more conservative faster than Democrats have become more liberal.
“The Republican Party has been steadily moving to the right since the 1970s,” Poole said.“The Republicans have moved about three times the speed to the right as the Democrats have moved to the left."
...or The New Yorker:
Polarization also has affected the two parties differently. The Republican Party has drifted much farther to the right than the Democratic Party has drifted to the left. Jacob Hacker, a professor at Yale, whose 2006 book,“Off Center,” documented this trend, told me, citing Poole and Rosenthal’s data on congressional voting records, that, since 1975,“Senate Republicans moved roughly twice as far to the right as Senate Democrats moved to the left” and “House Republicans moved roughly six times as far to the right as House Democrats moved to the left.” In other words, the story of the past few decades is asymmetric polarization.
Two well-known Washington political analysts, Thomas Mann, of the bipartisan Brookings Institution, and Norman Ornstein, of the conservative American Enterprise Institute, agree. In a forthcoming book about Washington dysfunction,“It’s Even Worse Than It Looks,” they write,“One of our two major parties, the Republicans, has become an insurgent outlier—ideologically extreme, contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime, scornful of compromise, unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science, and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.”
But you get what Froomkin's saying, right? He's not saying no one covered it. He's just saying, the mainstream media didn't turn it into a front-page story, a cause, an issue to trump the day-to-day horserace coverage wherein the media reported on what politicians said.
More to the point, Froomkin takes issue with the media reporting what politicians said without holding them accountable to fact. Never mind that a presidential campaign has never seen so many fact-checking organizations. Citing Mann and Ornstein, Froomkin argues that "fact-checking made things worse" -- because POLITICIANS IGNORED FACT-CHECKERS, and because even fact-checkers felt obliged to show balance.
If only the media had called attention to the lies!... like they did almost unanimously when Mitt Romney made that "inaccurate auto ad" (Time), made claims about Obama shredding welfare reform that were "wrong" (CNN), or made the "somewhat misleading claim" that Obama cut $716 billion out of Medicare (L.A. Times).
Brilliant expose, V.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#70958 Dec 10, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been quite awhile since he has been worthy of debate or to associate with.
Yes he's quite kweer for a gay person.

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#70959 Dec 10, 2012
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't logic. That's an opinion. Some people actually consistently choose to tell the truth, regardless of consequences, rather than living with having told a lie. Get some new friends.
Ghost Rider was one of the most prolific liars ever to post on this forum, and even HE didn't trust you. Liars lack integrity.
Uhmmmm...LOL....yeah, posit kind of blames me for "blowing his cover" on that little escapade.

Forum

#70960 Dec 10, 2012
V,

I've been observing that very thing for quite some time now, and it's been especially apparent on these threads with the microcosm representation we have of Republican and Democratic posters.

The Republican/conservative group has become much more extreme, virulent, abusive, and hostile in their comments over the last several years. It shows in their political comments as well as personal attacks.

I think it's desperation and the fear they have of becoming extinct as a viable Party. An ideology or political party in its death throes is fighting for its life, and that's when it gets the most extreme and aggressive in my opinion.

There is sure to be much more written on this as the Republicans work to re-define who they are as a Party and what their policies are. They're already admitting they have to change course on the Immigration issue if they want to attract Hispanic voters.

Forum

#70961 Dec 10, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> Yes he's quite kweer for a gay person.
What a nasty piece of work you are.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#70962 Dec 10, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is doing a fine job.
How?

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#70963 Dec 10, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> Yes he's quite kweer for a gay person.
This "kweer" you speak of...is he the subject of this thread?

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Kerry: We have a Biblical a responsibility... 1 hr Joe Balls 40
Global Warming Is Benefiting Trees, Forests 2 hr Earthling-1 1
Alpha says it plans 1,100 layoffs at coal mines... Tue I Agree 4
Can China solve its pollution problem? Tue RayH 8
Public advocate eyes crackdown on toxic chemica... Tue TimGolden 2
Philly Environmental Group Recruiting People To... Mon SpaceBlues 3
Oil industry asked B.C. government for gas plan... Sep 15 cyberclark 1
•••

Environment People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE