The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 340738 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#65275 Nov 26, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Being conservative is admirable but being radical isn't. The conservatives have left the back door open and they have many radicals that have stolen seats in their presence. This has been allowed and as long as that's the case they won't get anywhere with the majority of Americans.
Everyone has a right to have an opinion and they should be respected in their sincerity of doing so. There is no reason to mock or denigrate a person because you do not agree. You may certainly disagree, but you should assume those who give an opinion to so in good faith.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#65276 Nov 26, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a right to have an opinion and they should be respected in their sincerity of doing so. There is no reason to mock or denigrate a person because you do not agree. You may certainly disagree, but you should assume those who give an opinion to so in good faith.
Sorry if that offends you, but it is how I feel. You people are nuts and are getting worse and worse.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65277 Nov 26, 2012
FBI ASKED TO PROBE OBAMA 'VOTE-CHANGING' MACHINES
State lawmaker says she has concerns over election tampering

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/fbi-asked-to-probe...

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#65278 Nov 26, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of "vulgar" language ...
Shows your "weak" mind ...
Respectable people do not go there :)
I never argued about being respectable and you.., yes you.., are no lady. You write like a fkn trailer park drunk. Do you want to mind your business or do you want to dance?

Religion made them human

#65279 Nov 26, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind, hon. I thought that you didn't care what other people thought of your uneducated opinions.

Location hidden

#65280 Nov 26, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
The Examiner???
Get serious!!!!! Pfftt!!!!!!
The elections are over, hon. No matter how much you whine, Barack Hussein Obama II will be the President of the United States for four more years. Med up and get over it!
The following list does not mean you are a racist:
1. Criticizing Obama.
2. Opposing quotas.
3. Supporting English as our national language.
4. Advocating welfare reform.
5. Wanting education funds to go to the teachers, and not so much to the fat-cat administrators, school superintendents and worthless, expensive programs and books.
6. Opposing Holder for his Fast and Furious debacle.
7. Opposing Obama for telling the Director of NASA Charles Bolden that giving preferences to Muslims is his #3 priority mission for the organization.
8. Learning and sharing the lies of Obamacare as they are revealed.
9. Supporting Catholics and other religious institutions for their opposition to Obamacare mandates against their beliefs.
10. Supporting the United State Constitution.
Using an abstract weapon such as calling someone a ‘racist” has become a loser's tactic to the point that the person who uses that term is the real loser. It doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be sensible dialogue, but that is for logical people.

http://www.examiner.com/article/calling-someo ...

Location hidden

#65281 Nov 26, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
I never argued about being respectable and you.., yes you.., are no lady. You write like a fkn trailer park drunk. Do you want to mind your business or do you want to dance?
Treat others, as you want them to treat you. To earn respect you must first, give respect and give it to yourself too, as, if you don’t respect yourself, no one else will respect you. Merely saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ doesn’t mean that you are being respectful. In the daily grind and stress of everyday life, we have forgotten the moral obligation of respecting others so that we are also respected in turn. If you can earn the respect of your peers and fellows, then it’s a life well lived as it is the hardest thing to get, even taking up an entire lifetime.

•Good manners are the essential quality to show respect. So, cultivate good manners, as people get a sense of respect, when they interact with a well-mannered person. Good behavior automatically earns the respect of others.

•Do not stereotype other people. Stereotyping makes, you come across as a narrow-minded person. It also shows your lack of respect for the person, you are stereotyping.

•Don’t dictate or belittle anyone because of his or her background, religion, or social status. It is not only ill mannered, but also signals bad breeding.

•You cannot respect anyone whom you mock, tease or backbite. Throw these out and you will feel respect for people. Once you start respecting the people, you used to back bite or tease; you will gradually develop the sense of respecting everyone.

•When you respect someone, you must also respect his choice and free will. So, don’t pressurize anyone to do something which he or she is not willing to do. When you give priority to someone’s right to choose, you show him or her respect.

•To show respect, value other people’s opinion. This does not mean blindly follow whatever they say. You must show your understanding of his or her opinion, and then present your reasons for agreement or disagreement.

http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/how-to ...

Location hidden

#65282 Nov 26, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if that offends you, but it is how I feel. You people are nuts and are getting worse and worse.
Everyone has a right to have an opinion and they should be respected in their sincerity of doing so. There is no reason to mock or denigrate a person because you do not agree. You may certainly disagree, but you should assume those who give an opinion to so in good faith

Religion made them human

#65283 Nov 26, 2012
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Jack.
I actually have more respect for stray dogs, and they seem to be more intelligent. I've never seen a white stray that acted like it thought it was "better" than non-white strays. I've also never seen a male stray that ran around trying to convince all the others that it was a female.
gzeena (the chorizo pirate from San Antonio) is another male-female impersonator.

Location hidden

#65284 Nov 26, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text> Make up your mind, hon. I thought that you didn't care what other people thought of your uneducated opinions.

Location hidden

#65285 Nov 26, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up, no one can force me (or anyone else)to do anything here. What where they gonna do, beat me up?
What an idiot.
I'm not interested with your excuses Ralff. When you were faced with overwhelming evidence from several posters you changed it.

Does calling me an idiot make you feel tough Ralffy? What's next? "ZEbra"?

I love Rallfy's tough act!

Location hidden

#65286 Nov 26, 2012
Card Up The Sleeve wrote:
<quoted text>
John Sununu's comment that Colin Powell's endorsement of Obama was due to them sharing skin color is one example. It meant that intelligence and reasoning couldn't possibly be a factor. It also said that Powell wasn't to be trusted because remember, he too is black. Sarah Palin's "shuck and jive" comment was another thinly veiled harkening to the stereotype of the shiftless and lazy negro. And as I mentioned there was The Donald getting all kinds of attention by bringing up the none-too-subtle idea that President Obama would have never gotten into Harvard without affirmative action, which of course is another issue that brings up that anti-black and anti-Hispanic feeling in many on the Right.
Republican Racism Will Make Party Obsolete
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earnest-harris/...
I know I am not a racist and resent anyone who has no idea what I have done or participated in for various races, or doesn’t even know my heritage, to call me one.
Calling someone a racist because they don’t care for Obama has become such a meaningless conditioned response from leftists, that it only means something to them now.
Now don’t worry, Ms. Liberal or Mr. Leftist, I am not going, or even trying, to ‘prove’ anything to you. I know you will define ‘racist’ as being whatever you want it to be. Whine about it all you want. Basically, I am not listening anymore to that futile rhetoric.
The following list does not mean you are a racist:
1. Criticizing Obama.
2. Opposing quotas.
3. Supporting English as our national language.
4. Advocating welfare reform.
5. Wanting education funds to go to the teachers, and not so much to the fat-cat administrators, school superintendents and worthless, expensive programs and books.
6. Opposing Holder for his Fast and Furious debacle.
7. Opposing Obama for telling the Director of NASA Charles Bolden that giving preferences to Muslims is his #3 priority mission for the organization.
8. Learning and sharing the lies of Obamacare as they are revealed.
9. Supporting Catholics and other religious institutions for their opposition to Obamacare mandates against their beliefs.
10. Supporting the United State Constitution.
Using an abstract weapon such as calling someone a ‘racist” has become a loser's tactic to the point that the person who uses that term is the real loser. It doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be sensible dialogue, but that is for logical people.

http://www.examiner.com/article/calling-someo ...

Location hidden

#65287 Nov 26, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I not "allowed" an "opinion" ??? dummie
You are the crazy one to even say THAT!
Sure, and I am telling you, that your opinion is completely arrogant and pretentious.

Location hidden

#65288 Nov 26, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a right to have an opinion and they should be respected in their sincerity of doing so. There is no reason to mock or denigrate a person because you do not agree. You may certainly disagree, but you should assume those who give an opinion to so in good faith
I agree, and I read your "opinion". My "opinion" is that you all are nuts, and as I said before, I'm sorry if that offends you.

You can take that in good faith. ;)

Religion made them human

#65289 Nov 26, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Post what you believe and if I think you are wrong I will say so.
You don't have a chance in hell of shutting me up so either ignore me, talk around me or deal with reality.
The dude from Coldwater, MI, was the zebrawuss.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Location hidden

#65290 Nov 26, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps a bit more
Granted, God is not mentioned in the Constitution, but He is mentioned in every major document leading up to the final wording of the Constitution. For example, Connecticut is still known as the "Constitution State" because its colonial constitution was used as a model for the United States Constitution. Its first words were: "For as much as it has pleased the almighty God by the wise disposition of His Divine Providence…"

Most of the fifty-five Founding Fathers who worked on the Constitution were members of orthodox Christian churches and many were even evangelical Christians. The first official act in the First Continental Congress was to open in Christian prayer, which ended in these words: "...the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son, our Savior. Amen". Sounds Christian to me.

John Adams stated so eloquently during this period of time that; "The general principles on which the fathers achieved Independence were ... the general principles of Christianity ... I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that the general principles of Christianity are as etemal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."

Later, John Quincy Adams answered the question as to why, next to Christmas, was the Fourth of July this most joyous and venerated day in the United States. He answered: "...Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer’s mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity?" Sounds like the founding of a Christian nation to me. John Quincy Adams went on to say that the biggest victory won in the American Revolution was that Christian principles and civil government would be tied together The Founding Fathers understood that religion was inextricably part of our nation and government. The practice of the Christian religion in our government was not only welcomed but encouraged.

The intent of the First Amendment was well understood during the founding of our country. The First Amendment was not to keep religion out of government. It was to keep Government from establishing a 'National Denomination" (like the Church of England). As early as 1799 a court declared: "By our form of government the Christian religion is the established religion; and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed on the same equal footing." Even in the letter that Thomas Jefferson wrote to the Baptists of Danbury Connecticut (from which we derive the term "separation of Church and State") he made it quite clear that the wall of separation was to insure that Government would never interfere with religious activities because religious freedom came from God, not from Government.

John Jay, the first Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court, and one of the three men most responsible for the writing of the Constitution declared:
"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is their duty-as well as privilege and interest- of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." Still sounds like the Founding Fathers knew this was a Christian nation.

In 1892 the Court stated:"No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people...This is a Christian nation." There it is again! From the Supreme Court of the United States. This court went on to cite 87 precedents (prior actions, words, and rulings) to conclude that this was a "Christian nation".
In 1854, the House Judiciary Committee said: "in this age, there is no substitute for Christianity...That was the religion of the founders of the republic, and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants.'

http://www.afn.org/~govern/Christian_Nation.h...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#65291 Nov 26, 2012
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> Jeez gzeena...Do you think there's anyone like that here?(Paid Troll).. Does anyone come to mind? LOL.
Most of them are sooo dumb that they will troll for free. I can only speculate who is worthy of a small paycheck. Slim pickens...

LMAO!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#65292 Nov 26, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX - Full Of Xenophobes
You'll probably appreciate this:

Thomas Ricks Accuses Fox News Of 'Operating As A Wing Of The Republican Party'(VIDEO AT LINK)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/fox-... |maing7|dl1|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3 D238305

The author of "The Generals" doesn't quite fall into lockstep.;-) It was an EXTREMELY short interview. LOL
Dear Prudence

Fullerton, CA

#65293 Nov 26, 2012
Less well known, in fact all but unknown, is the postamble:

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth. In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names.

The First Amendment and God
http://www.redstate.com/toml/2010/10/20/the-f...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#65294 Nov 26, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and I am telling you, that your opinion is completely arrogant and pretentious.
You are this.
I "know" what I'm talking about ...

Urban Dictionary: pretentious
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... to sound intelligent by using long, complicated words, even though you don't know what they mean.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Yeah ...
I'm FULL of self-confidence and self-esteem ...
I was "raised" to be that way!

To say WHAT I mean
and MEAN what I say!

I didn't just grow up, like most DO, today!

Altho I do use comedy & humor too :)

Live
LAUGH
Love !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fracking: Progress or Poison? Thu LonePalm 732
News DEP to investigate Ten Mile Creek for radioacti... Thu CaCat 16
News Global warming and hurricanes (Sep '13) Aug 26 Earthling-1 17
News A toxic EPA by Obama Aug 23 Agents of Corruption 2
News Supreme Court smacks EPA for ignoring costs, bu... Aug 23 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 8
News EPA's hypocrisy and lawlessness Aug 22 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News Make a Difference by Counting Croaks Aug 21 American Gentlema... 3
More from around the web