Coalition calls public consultations ...

Coalition calls public consultations phony

There are 2 comments on the Ocean Resources story from Oct 12, 2012, titled Coalition calls public consultations phony. In it, Ocean Resources reports that:

Merigomish resident Mary Gorman, who is also a member of Save Our Seas Coalition, said consultations taking place in Sydney today as part of the Strategic Environmental Assessment update of 'Old Harry' and western Newfoundland Gulf waters will not do anything to protect the gulf waters and its endangered species.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ocean Resources.

Cape Anguille

Corner Brook, Canada

#1 Oct 14, 2012
Mary Gorman seems to have vendetta against the CNLOPB and CNSLOPB. She is doing this through her friends the Coalition St.Laurent which is Quebec based. Quebec is no friend of Atlantic Canada and in particular NL.
She completely ignores and downgrades the years of experience that both offshore boards have in regulating and supervising our offshore exploration. For example CNLOPB has considerable experience in the development of Hibernia, Terra Nova, White Rose and now Hebron. They have environmentally safely done this in the harsh environment of Iceburg and Hurricane Alley.
Nine offshore wells in the Gulf has already been safely drilled. She completely ignores NL place in the Gulf. I will remind her that NL brought our offshore resources into Canada when we joined confereration.
nimbys in central nova

Sydney Mines, Canada

#2 Oct 15, 2012
Yeah Mary Gorman is at it again. This woman and her ilk claim that hydraulic fracking onshore in Nova Scotia would pollute the Gulf. Hogwash pollute the Gulf along with other agricultural waste. At some point when you people realize that this is a combination of the boy who cried wolf and chicken little.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 29 min Aprilvue 356,399
News China's polution in the spotlight 19 hr POISON the PEOPLE 2
Fracking: Progress or Poison? (Apr '15) Tue crazygirl 871
News US Catholic bishops: Abortion, marriage key ele... Nov 23 DaveinMass 1
News Global warming and hurricanes (Sep '13) Nov 22 U R A Poopihead 30
News Beating Around the Bush: Part I Nov 16 Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Former White House climate change director in T... Nov 13 why sell hydro 1
More from around the web