Hurricane Sandy blows away election ephemera, leaving stark choice | Ana Marie Cox

Oct 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Guardian

Some things truly transcend politics: a hurricane emergency is one. But Sandy also asks what kind of leader we really want US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney holds a supporter's baby during a campaign rally at Avon Lake High School in Avon Lake, on Ohio.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

If Romney were president today, with the Sandy disaster happening, he would offer no federal help. By his own words, he would leave it to the local authorities, or even worse, the private sector.
Got Life Savers and rubber duckys?
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

With Romonoid, you would have to pay big bucks to be rescued or sheltered during a storm. Money and power rules his cold dead heart. Did he get it from Cheney???
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

When the Bounty went down off Virginia, Romney and Ryan would have dropped vouchers.
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

If Romney were President, there would be no Hurricane Sandy. God is punishing America for its stupidity.
WORLD CAN DO WITHOUT YOU

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Curtis Lowe wrote:
If Romney were President, there would be no Hurricane Sandy. God is punishing America for its stupidity.
is that good?
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

WORLD CAN DO WITHOUT YOU wrote:
<quoted text>is that good?
Sure, I live in Texas.
Curtis Lowe

Cibolo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Sandy blows Ana Marie's Cox? Where are my glasses?
vivian

Dakar, Senegal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Hi,(vivianhakam@live.com)
so how are you today,hope nice?
please dear do not be offended by receiving my message,i am highly impress as soon as i saw your profile, firstly My name is Vivian,am a nice young lady and i feel like contacting you for a serious friendship,your profile impress me so much and i decided to drop you this message,for i have an impressive issue which i want to discuss with you,also i will like to know more about you,it will glad my heart if you send me an E mail on this very E mail address(vivianhakam@live.com)I will send you my pictures and tell you more about me, for your happiness is mine as well,Hope your positive response,thanks
Vivian

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
If Romney were president today, with the Sandy disaster happening, he would offer no federal help. By his own words, he would leave it to the local authorities, or even worse, the private sector.
Filthy lies from filthy libs........it's all they got left....

GALLUP: ROMNEY UP 52%-45% AMONG EARLY VOTERS...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Lance Winslow wrote:
When the Bounty went down off Virginia, Romney and Ryan would have dropped vouchers.
Maybe the Bounty is looking for Osama bin Laden for another donation to Obama..........

WASHINGTON – Using a Pakistani Internet Protocol and proxy server, a disposable credit card and a fake address,“Osama bin Laden” has successfully donated twice to Barack Obama’s presidential re-election campaign.

The “Bin Laden” donations, actually made by WND staff, included a listed occupation of “deceased terror chief” and a stated employer of “al-Qaida.”

“Bin Laden” is currently set up on the official campaign website to contribute more to Obama’s campaign. The name is also registered as a volunteer.

THIS PROVES OBAMA IS WILFULLY ACCEPTING FOREIGN DONATIONS ILLEGALLY.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

At least Romney was smart enough to lay low and keep his mouth shut this time (darn!).

So a week before the election and Obama demonstrates his leadership once again, and Romney is hiding in some undisclosed location. At least Romney was smart enough to lay low and keep his mouth shut this time (darn!). I was hoping he'd be on tv talking about how he plans to get rid of FEMA and leave these types of things to the states or the private sector......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
At least Romney was smart enough to lay low and keep his mouth shut this time (darn!).
So a week before the election and Obama demonstrates his leadership once again, and Romney is hiding in some undisclosed location. At least Romney was smart enough to lay low and keep his mouth shut this time (darn!). I was hoping he'd be on tv talking about how he plans to get rid of FEMA and leave these types of things to the states or the private sector......
Obama urges safety during Sandy, says top concern is lives, not election …….too bad he didn’t come to the aid of Ambassador Stevens with the same zest. Obama hasn’t had a formal briefing from all head of departments in six weeks……..he finally does to receive a weather report………….
Professor of Prosperity

Turku, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Professor of Prosperity blogger reports on reported news;

There was Hurricane Sandy that was causing colossal damage far beyond the current Hurricane Sandy in U.S

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

And the current one is devastating America more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

White-House is the problem and the problem will never be a solution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

imaginaryfriend wrote:
With Romonoid, you would have to pay big bucks to be rescued or sheltered during a storm. Money and power rules his cold dead heart. Did he get it from Cheney???
OBAMA: WE’RE READY FOR SANDY………..

LEVEE BREAKS IN NJ TOWN, HUNDREDS BEING EVACUATED...

Three towns flooded...
'People Are Going To Be Fighting In The Streets Over Gasoline, Food'...

POWERLESS...

CON EDISON: 7-10 days to restore...

Huge fire in storm's wake destroys 80 NYC homes...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Ever head of Schoharie County, NY? Prattsville, NY? Rotterdam, NY? If it wasn't for local authorities, private sector and private citizens, those towns would no longer exist after being gutted by Hurricane Irene. On one road alone in my county, 27 houses were swept away, GONE, completely GONE, nothing but empty cement block basements left behind.

I, as a PRIVATE CITIZEN and PRIVATE DONATOR of MY MONEY AND MY VOLUNTEER TIME, spent WEEKS cleaning up our town and TO THIS DAY, OVER A YEAR LATER, as FEMA Trailers still sit in the Fairgrounds parking lot, uninhabited by anyone because of GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS, my husband is still working on helping rebuild people's homes, VOLUNTEERING his time, his tools and his skills, trying to get them ready so these families can move in before Winter.

So STFU Lawrence. Government can't run anything right, least of all, tending to people who are really in need.

I have seen complete devestation and the results of government red tape after a weather disaster with my own two eyes, in my own home town, so don't bother trying to convince me that the President is our Savior and Government is the answer because you will never succeed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

LLT1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever head of Schoharie County, NY? Prattsville, NY? Rotterdam, NY? If it wasn't for local authorities, private sector and private citizens, those towns would no longer exist after being gutted by Hurricane Irene. On one road alone in my county, 27 houses were swept away, GONE, completely GONE, nothing but empty cement block basements left behind.
I, as a PRIVATE CITIZEN and PRIVATE DONATOR of MY MONEY AND MY VOLUNTEER TIME, spent WEEKS cleaning up our town and TO THIS DAY, OVER A YEAR LATER, as FEMA Trailers still sit in the Fairgrounds parking lot, uninhabited by anyone because of GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS, my husband is still working on helping rebuild people's homes, VOLUNTEERING his time, his tools and his skills, trying to get them ready so these families can move in before Winter.
So STFU Lawrence. Government can't run anything right, least of all, tending to people who are really in need.
I have seen complete devestation and the results of government red tape after a weather disaster with my own two eyes, in my own home town, so don't bother trying to convince me that the President is our Savior and Government is the answer because you will never succeed.
The same type trailers are sitting in New Orleans also on empty lots, with the government paying $20,000 a month rent for parking the trailers in a flood plane. You tax dollars at work.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

LLT1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Up your snooper, L. No one is against local and private sector help in a disaster. The federal government has an enormous role to play however. During he Bush years that was not noticeable. Obama demonstrates what the federal government can do to help. Just ask Chris Cristie.

I'll ignore your witless insult.
Sandys Failed Blowjab

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Not enough to postpone the election I guess. Don't pay her I guess?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:

If Romney were president today, with the Sandy disaster happening, HE WOULD OFFER NO FEDERAL HELP, BY HIS OWN WORDS, HE WOULD LEAVE IT TO THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES, OR EVEN WORSE, THE PRIVATE SECTOR.

"No one is against local and private sector helip in a disaster..."

???

but according to you, Romney is.???

What year did Irene hit? Oh yea...2011, who was the president of the US last year? I mean, I know the guy doesn't show up for his job but he still holds the title.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Obama is probably taking off for Vegas today to celebrate another horrible American tragedy like Benghazi with JZ and Beyonce. American tragedy puts Obama in party mode.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••