50 years ago, Rachel Carson's book turned the environmental world on its ear

Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring" was published 50 years ago today, and, like few others, the book about the dangers, damage and risks of excessive pesticide use moved the world.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2012

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Sep 27, 2012
The "legacy" of Silent Spring has been the death of millions of third world people from Malaria. Sometimes you need to be careful in what you ask for.
Old Cynic sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Sep 27, 2012
As if you give a damn about those millions, mostly people of color, ya' ol' azzhat! That you're a shameless, unrepentant bigot is well documented in many of your posts!

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Sep 28, 2012
Old Cynic sux wrote:
As if you give a damn about those millions, mostly people of color, ya' ol' azzhat! That you're a shameless, unrepentant bigot is well documented in many of your posts!
Ahhh - you know nothing as to my concern for the third world countries. In fact I'm betting you have never been to one and never personally lifted a finger to help let alone breaking a sweat over any of them.
Old Cynic sux

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Sep 28, 2012
I guess the black and brown people outside the US are somehow more acceptable to you... probably because they ARE outside the US, ya' bigot! And although I have been to a number of third a world counties, the GOP is working hard and fast at making the US a third world country! Nice to make a bet anonymously, though, makes it easier for you to welch on it, ya' ol' fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min woodtick57 256,147
Global warming pioneer calls for CO2 to be take... 5 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 2
Testing Well Water for Bacteria, Nitrate 11 hr FatLadyMe 1
5 ways going green improves your kids' health 11 hr FatLadyMe 1
EPA charges SUNY Downstate with federal hazardo... 12 hr FatLadyMe 1
Vilsack says up to $45M to available to help La... 12 hr FatLadyMe 1
EPA says proposed Delta water tunnel would harm... 12 hr FatLadyMe 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••