Scientist Sees Benefits in Plan to Increase Global Warming

Mar 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Artdiamondblog.com

Plants are . . . part of one theoretical plan for turning Mars into a suitable environment for human beings, a process called terraforming.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Chris McKay, a Mars
"expert"
at the NASA Ames Research Center,
"theorizes"
that engineers would first have to encourage the kind of global warming they want to avoid on Earth. This could be done by releasing greenhouse gases, like chlorofluorocarbons or perfluorocarbons, into the atmosphere. The goal would be to increase the surface temperature of Mars by a total of about 7.2 degrees Fahrenheit.

The same group that made the USA space hitchhikers. Did they theorize that?

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

Nuneaton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

He forgot about the climate modes.

Mars usually exists in climate mode#1 (cold default).

It also has another climate mode which appears immediately after perihelion. This mode is mode#4 and like the terrestrial analogue it swaps the warm equatorial surface air from mars's elliptical orbit perihelion close approach with the cold air from the poles via a looping upswing from the equator and downswing from the poles in a series of geometrically fitted cells.

The result on Mars is quite spectacular, the dust storm this mode kicks up can hide Mars for a month or more, and the surface winds can make landings rather hairy experiences as the Russians found out.

The aftermath of the shortlived mode#4 is a major drop in equatorial temperature and a brief and soon diminishing rise in polar temperature (soon lost to radiation). The result is a drop to the default cold weather mode#1 which continues throughout aphelion and through the next approach to perihelion at which point the equator warms again.

No 2 outbreaks of mode#4 on Mars are ever the same,(they last for a short and varying amount of time). Terraforming mars by adding greenhouse gases will make mode#4 last a lot longer post perihelion, but the overall temperature of the planet will remain the same eventually as it is now. This is why the Tharsis shield volcanoes never produced a surface ocean post eruption(s).

This is ALSO why Mars has been locked in a global ice age despite the steady increase in the insolation rate from an evolving middle aged sun. This is not a totally simple model as Mars during this time has lost a lot of its atmosphere into surface hydrated minerals below the permafrost layer. A combination of BOTH effects has kept Mars's temparature stable for at least the last 3 billion years.

Have a nice day: Ag
mc

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 25, 2013
 
PHD

Overton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

No they didn't forget it was well planned to force more scientific science fiction scare tactics.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 26, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

fetid feces face flip flopper fiend wrote:
No they didn't forget it was well planned to force more scientific science fiction scare tactics.
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.

At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
PHD

Montalba, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 1, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

More and more thatís all the "pinheadlitesout" has more and more diarrheas
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' flopped:
diarrheas........
/////////
litesong wrote:
'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' can't ask a proper scientific question because it never had science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. Of course,'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' never had any other science or mathematics training.

At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' tried math calculations, tho only a few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.'fetid feces face flip flopper fiend' has never attempted math calculations, which prove that its proficiency in math is worse than that of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
SoE

Montpelier, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There isn't much that can't be acomplished given sufficent will...
Granted the technology to acomplish terraforming, in a practical fashion, is in the future yet there seems considerable rewards for doing so...
I'm betting on biotechnology .
It would seem that the rapid increase in understanding in that field may make that scheme
possible faster than most realize...
First it must be clearly understood what is already there...
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" flopped:
......diarrheas
//////////
litesong wrote:
I never tire telling the true traits of "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend". It lied saying it had a PHD. It isn't a doctor, while it diagnoses wrongly. It has no science & mathematics degrees. It has no upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa(if it has that).

At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' attempted mathematics, tho its few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, & 73 million TIMES. "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" never attempted mathematics, showing it was worse at mathematics than 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.

However, "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" IS a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener supporter & is such. "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" hates dirtling because dirtling was a worse slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener, and "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" was jealous.
PHD

Montalba, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

litesong wrote:
"fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" flopped:
......diarrheas
//////////
litesong wrote:
I never tire telling the true traits of "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend". It lied saying it had a PHD. It isn't a doctor, while it diagnoses wrongly. It has no science & mathematics degrees. It has no upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa(if it has that).
At least,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' attempted mathematics, tho its few attempts ended in errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, & 73 million TIMES. "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" never attempted mathematics, showing it was worse at mathematics than 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'.
However, "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" IS a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener supporter & is such. "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" hates dirtling because dirtling was a worse slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener, and "fetid feces face flip flopper fiend" was jealous.
More and more thatís all the "pinheadlitesout" has more and more diarrheas
Who

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 2, 2013
 
Still waiting to see your "degrees" there litbong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Fed Up Again 255,760
Kittens: The New Mascot Of Global Warming 13 min FatLadyMe 4
Global warming risks being irreversible, draft ... 22 hr SpaceBlues 4
Study Shows Ethanol Produces Worse 'Global Warm... Aug 23 Brian_G 16
Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels Aug 22 litesong 4
Declining Relative Humidity Is Defying Global W... Aug 22 litesong 9
How Will Latino Voters Change the Global Warmin... Aug 21 Jim the Hoax Denier 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Environment People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••