European forests head towards carbon saturation point - study

Aug 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: AlertNet

The ability of Europe's aging forests to absorb carbon dioxide is heading towards saturation point, threatening one of the continent's main defences against global warming, a study showed on Sunday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

They need to cut back in their standard of living, duh.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
No. They need to generate more clean energy so that they can lower CO2 emissions. Duh..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They need to generate more clean energy so that they can lower CO2 emissions. Duh..
France and Germany are ahead in that already, ignorant one.

DUH.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>France and Germany are ahead in that already, ignorant one.
DUH.
I am quite aware of that. However your comment that they need to lower their standard of living (i.e back to the caves for you) is a nitwit denialist refrain. And wrong. The issue is lowering CO2 emissions, not living in rags.

I have to give you an F- on reason and reading.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite aware of that. However your comment that they need to lower their standard of living (i.e back to the caves for you) is a nitwit denialist refrain. And wrong. The issue is lowering CO2 emissions, not living in rags.
I have to give you an F- on reason and reading.
Give that F to yourself along with five rotting herrings, ignorant one.

Caves and rags are your standards. I did not mention or even imply any such thing.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Give that F to yourself along with five rotting herrings, ignorant one.
Caves and rags are your standards. I did not mention or even imply any such thing.
You cannot even recognize your own statements. i.e "They need to cut back in their standard of living, duh. " Senility or stupidity? Or just dishonesty?

The issue it to reduce CO2 emissions. No 'lowered standard of living' needed by ANY logic. Back to your cave nitwit.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot even recognize your own statements. i.e "They need to cut back in their standard of living, duh. " Senility or stupidity? Or just dishonesty?
The issue it to reduce CO2 emissions. No 'lowered standard of living' needed by ANY logic. Back to your cave nitwit.
All back at you, uneducable* one.

Why are you wasting my time? Jealous too much? Go argue with the deniers, idiot.

* a new word for you. Hahahaha
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
haha where are caves and rags mentioned? Nowhere.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

FYI: What is Forest Europe?

FOREST EUROPE (The Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe) is the pan-European political process for the sustainable management of the continentís forests. FOREST EUROPE develops common strategies for its 46 member countries and the European Union on how to protect and sustainably manage forests. Since 1990, the collaboration of the ministers responsible for forests in Europe has had a great economic, environmental and social impact on the national and international level. FOREST EUROPE has led to achievements such as the guidelines, criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management.

In order to improve and create dynamic forest policies, FOREST EUROPE has stepped up efforts to:

consolidate tools for sustainable forest management and improve monitoring and reporting,
strength efforts against illegal logging,

develop a common approach of valuation of forests ecosystem services with the aim of raising awareness of its contributions to society wellness,

emphasize the social aspects of forestry and the role of forests in the transition to a green economy.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

tinyurl.com/kykwrme

""Boreal forests are more active than 50 years ago," says geochemist Heather Graven of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, lead author of the new analysis, published online August 8 in Science. She and her colleagues documented a dramatic uptick in the flow of carbon into and out of the forests, which cover most of Canada as well as large swathes of Russia and Scandinavia. "The ecosystems might be changing how much carbon is allocated to different structures, such as leaves, wood or roots, changing their extent or composition, or changing the timing of photosynthesis and respiration as a result of warmer temperatures," she adds."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••