Global Warming ConsensusLooking More Like A Myth

Feb 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lucianne.com

Environment: The global warming alarmists repeat the line endlessly. They claim that there is a consensus among scientists that man is causing climate change.

Comments
41 - 51 of 51 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Because,
Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's Aqua satellite, studied a decade's worth of satellite data regarding cloud surface temperatures. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," he writes. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Feb 23, 2013
 
PHD wrote:
Because,
Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's Aqua satellite, studied a decade's worth of satellite data regarding cloud surface temperatures. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," he writes. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."
Yes, let's look at Roy Spencer's actual temperature anomalies:

http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-tem...

Are they falling? rising? flat?
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's
NASA’s Tropical Rain Measuring Mission (TRMM) has been,
“in my opinion“,
a huge success. It has been operating for over 15 years now, which makes me feel pretty old since I was involved in the early design of the TRMM Microwave Imager (TMI) that flies on TRMM. I campaigned for it to carry 10.7 GHz channels which would allow sensitivity to heavy rain, as well as all-weather sea surface temperatures. TRMM also carries the first spaceborne precipitation radar, which was built by Japan.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

phud fetid feces face fiend wrote:
Dr. Roy Spencer.......
"phud fetid feces face fiend" using a discredited report, made by an oft discredited scientist, shows that "phud fetid feces face fiend" has no science or mathematics degrees, & has a poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa..... if it has that.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's Aqua satellite, studied a decade's worth of satellite data regarding cloud surface temperatures. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," he writes. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's
NASA’s Tropical Rain Measuring Mission (TRMM) has been,
“in my opinion“,
a huge success. It has been operating for over 15 years now, which makes me feel pretty old since I was involved in the early design of the TRMM Microwave Imager (TMI) that flies on TRMM. I campaigned for it to carry 10.7 GHz channels which would allow sensitivity to heavy rain, as well as all-weather sea surface temperatures. TRMM also carries the first spaceborne precipitation radar, which was built by Japan.
"Opinion", More scientific science fiction.

Is NASA playing fast and loose with climate change science? That's the contention of a group of 49 former NASA scientists and astronauts.
NASA administrator Charles Bolden, Jr., blasting the agency for making unwarranted claims about the role of carbon dioxide in global warming, Business Insider reported.
"We believe the claims by NASA and GISS [NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies], that man-made carbon dioxide is having a catastrophic impact on global climate change are not substantiated, especially when considering thousands of years of empirical data," the group wrote. "With hundreds of well-known climate scientists and tens of thousands of other scientists publicly declaring their disbelief in the catastrophic forecasts, coming particularly from the GISS leadership, it is clear that the science is NOT settled."

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

PHD wrote:
Because,
Dr. Roy Spencer, a team leader for NASA's Aqua satellite, studied a decade's worth of satellite data regarding cloud surface temperatures. "The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," he writes. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."
Er, PHD this paper was debunked and the editor who published it in Remote Sensing (after seeing the evidence) resigned in disgrace.

PROOF:

<<Scientists already had noticed that there were issues with the way the Alabama researchers handled data from NOAA-9, one satellite that collected temperature data for a short time in the mid-1980s. But Po-Chedley and Fu [of NASA] are the first to offer a calculation related to the NOAA-9 data for adjusting the Alabama findings, said Kevin Trenberth, a distinguished senior scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research.

To come up with the correction, Po-Chedley and Fu closely examined the way the three teams interpreted readings from NOAA-9 and compared it to data collected from weather balloons about the temperature of the troposphere.

They found that the Alabama research incorrectly factors in the changing temperature of the NOAA-9 satellite itself and devised a method to estimate the impact on the Alabama trend.

Like how a baker might use an oven thermometer to gauge the true temperature of an oven and then adjust the oven dial accordingly, the researchers must adjust the temperature data collected by the satellites.

That's because the calibration of the instruments used to measure Earth's temperature is different after the satellites are launched, and because the satellite readings are calibrated by the temperature of the satellite itself. The groups have each separately made their adjustments in part by comparing the satellite's data to that of other satellites in service at the same time.

Once Po-Chedley and Fu apply the correction, the Alabama-Huntsville record shows 0.21 F warming per decade in the tropics since 1979, instead of its previous finding of 0.13 F warming. Surface measurements show the temperature of Earth in the tropics has increased by about 0.21 F per decade.

The Remote Sensing Systems and NOAA reports continue to reflect warming of the troposphere that's close to the surface measurements, with warming of 0.26 F per decade and 0.33 F respectively.
>>

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/...

==========

And the editor of Remote Sensing (the Journal that accepted the Roy Spencer paper) RESIGNED IN DISGRACE, after seeing the NASA proof against Roy Spencer, stating the paper should never have been published!

<<The editor of a science journal has resigned after admitting that a recent paper casting doubt on man-made climate change should not have been published.

It was not his area of expertise... the journal does not "routinely deal with climate change. Remote Sensing's core topic is methods for monitoring aspects of the Earth from space."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

But the editor thought it was still the right thing to do was to resign, because of its egregious errors.

Now it is no coincidence.

"Dr. Spencer is on the board of directors of the George C. Marshall Institute, a right-wing conservative think tank on scientific issues and public policy. He listed as an expert for the Heartland Institute, a libertarian American public policy think tank. Dr. Spencer is also listed as an expert by the International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project (ICECAP), a global warming "skeptic" organization [DeSmogBlog]." http://www.skepticalscience.com/skeptic_Roy_S...

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Roy Spencer is also a Creationist, or at least an IDer
He is in the small % of scientists who hold that the theory of evolution is wrong:

"I finally became convinced that the theory of creation actually had a much better scientific basis than the theory of evolution, for the creation model was actually better able to explain the physical and biological complexity in the world".

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

How did PHD's posts get 4X4X4 negative reviews above.

I didn't think there were that many active posters out here on GW. Those were the reviews before I even saw her post.

I question this from both sides.

I don't mind her bringing up Spencer. One just has to look at ALL the facts.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Feb 23, 2013
 
phud fetid feces face fiend wrote:
Dr. Roy Spencer.......
"phud fetid feces face fiend" using a discredited report, made by an oft discredited scientist, shows that "phud fetid feces face fiend" has no science or mathematics degrees, & has a poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa..... if it has that.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"phud fetid feces face fiend" using a discredited report, made by an oft discredited scientist, shows that "phud fetid feces face fiend" has no science or mathematics degrees, & has a poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa..... if it has that.
No, Spencer has bamboozled a lot of people.

I appreciate the opportunity PHD gave me, actually, to show what a fraud he is today.

And I applaud her new approach of trying to put out what she finds her best evidence it is, so I can show her why I disagree.

Please stop with the names, unless she calls you one first.
I think that rule is important.

Thank you.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Wallop10 wrote:
How did PHD's posts get 4X4X4 negative reviews above.
Jesus divided the loaves & fishes & feed the 5000.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••