Mall Developers Compromise to Reduce Environmental Impact

The people in Albemarle concerned about the proposed Fifth Street Station Mall's effect on the environment are celebrating some major gains. Full Story
Amigo1

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 21, 2013
We need this strip mall like we need a hole in the head. Why are they allowing this sprawl?
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 21, 2013
Amigo1 wrote:
We need this strip mall like we need **** in the head. Why are they allowing this sprawl?
Developers rule in this town. Politicians hail it in the name of jobs while taking cash under the table. This is a capitalistic culture by the way.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 22, 2013
What's going in along side the train tracks on Carlton Rd across from beer run? Truckloads of dirt being hauled away.
Jack Bauer

Ashland, VA

#4 Feb 22, 2013
YAHOO CAP. Note he has done no development in albermale except mortons pot pies . His 1 st albermale dream was the amphitheater & they screamed . Then he put the ugliest condos with the back to all the screamers , then got a " free" amp. next to city hall. & then did 20 HUGE projects only in the city. Anybody notice that. Even this is right at the edge, GO CAP. O cap. I need some fire wood. You luck scamp !P.S. Has 47 more tricks up his sleeve He is a BMF.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Amigo1 wrote:
We need this strip mall like we need **** in the head. Why are they allowing this sprawl?
You must live on the north side of town. If you lived on the south side you would understand how much it sucks having to drive cross-town every time you need something they don't sell at Food Lion or Advance Auto Parts.
Avid Reader

Richmond, VA

#6 Feb 22, 2013
Why does Charlottesville need another MALL? There are more than enough shopping centers/malls in the area. If you go to Fashion Square there are many vacant stores and the same is happening everywhere else. Wake up people of C'ville -- this doesn't help the economy and it's just another place for kids to hang out and get in trouble. We certainly don't need another MALL!!
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 22, 2013
huck wrote:
What's going in along side the train tracks on Carlton Rd across from beer run? Truckloads of dirt being hauled away.
Look up Coal Tower Condos
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 22, 2013
CvilleMechEngr wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up Coal Tower Condos
thanks
willoughby resident

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Shopping south of town is in fact needed. If they put a Wegmans, Costco and Home Depot there then i would spend significantly time driving up 29.

The stores that would go into this development are not the same stores that would go into fashion square.
Bill Faust

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 22, 2013
I live in Willoughby. Charlottesville does not need another mall and "Shopping south of town is in fact" not needed. I am happy to shop at the local Food Lion or travel a few miles to shop elsewhere if it means preserving the beauty in Albemarle county. I suggest that people plan their shopping to reduce the amount of driving they do.

Allowing developers to destroy another area for yuppie convenience foods is not worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Environment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 19 min Valerie 263,034
Meet The Woman Who Just Won A 'Genius' Award Fo... 3 hr litesong 2
Sunday's Climate Protest Could Be a Turning Poi... 23 hr Tell Me What To T... 2
Hearing set on removal of Love Canal waste Thu GUMP locator 2
John Kerry: We have a Biblical a responsibility... Sep 18 Joe Balls 40
Global Warming Is Benefiting Trees, Forests Sep 18 Earthling-1 1
Alpha says it plans 1,100 layoffs at coal mines... Sep 16 I Agree 4
•••

Environment People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE